BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Working on week 2 in twists. I want to stretch to Super Bowl weekend before I can take them out. I want to be able to not touch my hair for 3-4 weeks at a time.

hey Ladies, did a lenght check this weekend, i'm nearly there
i can see some progress from my siggy Pic :spinning:

Attachments

• DSCF8563.JPG
    DSCF8563.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 79
@RENIBELL
Very pretty! You'll be there in no time!:grin:

@MzSwift

Did you do these yourself? If so did you start with a twist or braid? If this is your first time do you recommend any particular utube videos(I have found quite a bit)? You may have answered this somewhere but I can't locate it:) TIA

I have my own faux method of attaching my extension b/c I suck at it. But used to watch this lady named Lynda(something). Her videos are so simple and easy to follow. I'll have to check for her name on YT.

My method involves bands (rubber or not) so I don't promote it on hair boards but I've been doing them that way for the last 13 years with no adverse effects on my hair. My technique is in my Fotki in the PS Styles folder. HTH! :)

ETA: Here she is, lyndaespratley! I watched her b/c she was the only one at the time doing them on a TWA..and she's cute!

Starting twists with a braid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvqhnDCAtU8&feature=relmfu

Starting twists with a twist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUa2Eh11X6k&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
I've been in kinky twists for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm shooting for at least a month, but maybe I can get 6-7 weeks. I miss seeing my hair, but I love not having to worry about it. I can see how folks can get addicted to braids, weaves, and wigs.

I was trying to go withoug washing, but instead wiping my scalp with a cloth, but I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and dive in. My scalp just gets too flaky and it is not cute.

Once I take these bad boys out, I'll see where my hair is length wise and come back here and report.

My hair was braided first of the year and I just took my hair down... These pictures where taken 1/22/2012.... The tape measure is marks APL. If you notice my bra is really low. My roommate (male) didn't know what exactly we were measuring so he move it down. Also I hope my hair is at the bottom of my bra strap so that also a reason he moved it down. I think....I wont do another check until April Updates. I think I might have one of my girlfriends do it next time. But I am not worried about making BSL by November anymore :grin:

This is my hair with DC after being detangled by my Denmen
1-21-12Unstretched.jpg

Stretched...
1-21-12stretched2.jpg

1-21-12stretched.jpg

SO measured for me last night. I'm 3 maybe 3.5 inches away from the top of my bra. I should definitely be able to make it by the end of the summer as long as I don't have any setbacks.

I'm around 3.5" away from BSL. I'd love to make it early this summer, but given that I've just started a trimming regimen (not trimming does NOT work), I anticipate trimming around an inch this year, so I'm still giving myself until the end of the year. I'm bunning right now, but will be in twists again by the weekend :yep:.

hey Ladies, did a lenght check this weekend, i'm nearly there
i can see some progress from my siggy Pic :spinning:

RENIBELL I think you may be BSL already. Your hair isn't completely straight. In that picture. I'm sure if you had your hair straighten you might find that you are past BSL on your way to MBL. Your hair looks really nice.

So... I put my hair in about 45 medium box braids last night. I think I'm going to leave them as is for a week or two, then I'll attempt to put in my own extension braids based on the braids I already have. It won't be neat, but I won't have to think about my hair.

phew i havent been in here for a while, I think im more concerned with getting to APL... But no worries I still believe that I will be BSL before the year is up.
POSITIVE THINKING AT ALL TIMES!!

Hi guys! I'm in the APL 2012 challenge but I thought I'd lurk here for a bit. Accordin to BF my BSL is 2.5 inches away from my APL. As of right now I'm inching toward APL. I've been stretching my new growth by hand but haven't flat ironed. I think I will in may before deciding whether or not to continue my stretch.

Hmm lol ok so I guess long story short is can I join in may pending my successful arrival at APL?

:wave

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

RENIBELL I think you may be BSL already. Your hair isn't completely straight. In that picture. I'm sure if you had your hair straighten you might find that you are past BSL on your way to MBL. Your hair looks really nice.

:yay::yay:, When i pull it goes past my bra, but on its own :perplexed, it still has an inch. i will hopefully be ableto clearly claim it at my next lenght check in March. cant wait. thanks for the compliment! Love yours too :grin:

I think im going to make BSL by May/June this year....not gonna do another length check until April tho:D

My hair actually reaches between my shoulder blades right now....can't wait to see what it looks like in 3 months!

:yay::yay:, When i pull it goes past my bra, but on its own :perplexed, it still has an inch. i will hopefully be ableto clearly claim it at my next lenght check in March. cant wait. thanks for the compliment! Love yours too :grin:

RENIBELL Thanks for the compliment. You will definitely get there. :yep: I can't wait till you finally claim it as well. Good luck.

Hey ladies :wave:

I haven't checked in for SOS time now, but my Reggie is pretty much the same, I'll be wigging it pretty much until I meet my goals. I actually like PSing it fits into my hectic work life.

Currently taking down my braids. Gonna clarify, protein and DC. I may use an all ayurvedic routine. I still have to figure out how to braid my hair for my wigs.

Arghhhh, I don't know why I am still hoovering at around 9.5 inches.:perplexed By my estimate I should be an inch longer. I have been in twists/bun for two week straight, and I don't see broken hairs so I don't know what's the problem :(. I cowashed today and put my hair in big chunky twists into a bun. I really want to weave it up until May. Sigh...what to do.

Made an appt to get a sew in. I am a little happy because I get to put my hair away for almost 4 months. As much as I love bunning and twists I need something that can keep me from manipulating my hair weeks on end. I need to retain two inches by summer. I hope this will help!

I am steady creeping along. I used my castor oil concoction and massaged my scalp. I think I could make APL by March. Which puts me closer to the target.

Last edited:
I used my AO HSR shampoo and conditioner last nite and...i am in love! I detangled with the conditioner to prep for deep conditioning with my Dominican deep conditioner and....i decided to skip the ACTUAL DC bc...when i rinsed my hair it was just what i want out of a deep conditioner!:lick:

I think i'm gonna stop wearing buns for a minute...i think i've been wearing them too tight and now my scalp aches:( So i'm gonna give it a break.

Back