BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Last night I washed my hair with Elasta QP Creme shampoo (or aomething like that) and conditioned with ApHogees 2 minute reconstructor.

I forgot how much my hair LOVED the 2 minute reconstructor! I ha to go to my mom and make her feel it lol. I then used straight glycerin on my hair (while it was still wet) and sealed with castor oil.

After that I put my hair in 2 French braids and I'll leave it like that for the rest of the week.

Still braided up until march & I miss my hair already. Here is the last pic I took of my hair before it was braided. I'm actually shooting for mbl by dec. Bsl by june.

Sent from my PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326216407444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326216407444.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 29
I'm starting the year with a new regimen. Instead of daily wash n gos, I'm going to try cowashing twice a week and hiding my hair under my first wig. I've had a bit of breakage so I want to try manipulating my hair less. I'm also trying out sealing again with Hairveda's vatika frosting and Hairveda's almond glaze.

I'll try this out to February and see how my hair responds to it :yep:

Today is wash and deep condition day! I may or may not flat iron depending on if I feel like a roller set this week. Depends on my laziness levels.

I'm flat ironing my hair for a small trim this weekend so I didn't want to over manipulate my hair this week by doing a roller set. So yesterday I cowashed with HV Moist 24/7 and then DC'd with it and added honey. My hair was soo soft! HV Moist is not a good detangling condish so I added AOHSR after to detangle and rinsed out then I added my moisturizers, sealed, & put my hair in twist to airdry overnight. I put it in a bun this morning I'm going to bun until I flat iron on Sat.

I did my first wash and go in at least six months today. The last time I did one, my hair shrunk so much that I washed it out before the end of the day. I think the denman brush I was using caused the shrinkage. I also tried finger detangling. My hair was smooth and the curls very well defined. However, I am having trouble getting all the shed hair out. I will keep trying new techniques because I am trying to get to MBL by the end of the year. I also started a Curly Girl regimen. My hair has really grown in the past year, I am about 3'' from BSL. Hopefully I can make it y June!

i'm coloring my hair tonight and getting a get trim. i'm sitting on the dryer now with my conditioner. i guess i will be using one of my passes for the HYH challenge, since i will be wrapping it after i get my hair trimmed.

I sprayed my hair w/ water, AVJ and castor oil. Then I put brahmi oil over it. I will baggy for approximately 24 hrs. Then will wash it out with my pooh bar. Then DC with my heat cap.

I'm actually still in cornrows...I'm on day 4 of 14 and I don't even have the urge to do my hair. This isn't normal for me but I'm happy I'm ok with allowing my hair to be protected :lol:

I'm thinking about getting a wig for when I want to give my hair a break. I know that I want A curly wig, but there ate so many to choose from.

Sent from the Starship Enterprise

I've been in a weave since Thanksgiving.:ohwell:
My new growth is ridiculous,but I don't have time for my hair right now. It's going to stay in until the end of the month. Possible length check then.

As a treat to DH, I have been wearing my hair "out" since last month. But I just couldn't take it anymore, so last night I did washed, did a quick d.c. and put in some funky, chunky twists and pinned them up this morning.

My goal is to keep these ends tucked as much as possible (I have a hard time with that).

I hope I'm not to late to join. I've been very busy packing to move into my new place. Here is my info and starting pic.

What is your goal date for BSL?

December 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
Well, I'm finally at APL and I believe in my heart I can make it to BSL by the end of the year.

Oct 2009 - Dec 2010 - BC to SL
Dec 2010 - Dec 2011 - SL to APL

Whats your current length?
APL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
Taking Hair/Skin/Nails Vitamins
DC every week, except when my hair is straight
Drink 64 oz of water

For the winter only - Straighten 1x for Jan - March, make it last for 1 - 2 weeks; Pre-poo/DC on dry hair, clarify 1x a month, co-wash 1x....braid hair for a week under wig when hair is not straight

Spring/Summer only- co-wash every other day, dc every week, clarify 1x a month (clarify again on days I swim). Do wash n gos, 2 strand twists, braid outs, buns

Fall - a mixture of both winter and spring/summer reggie depending on weather.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL?

Straighten in December to see the results but also join the MBL (my ultimate hair goal) challenge and repeat reggie for the BSL. And have some hair swinging fun.

Here is my starting pic

picture.php

As of today currently, my hair is still straight but the roots are rough. Just PS by wearing hair in ponytail and buns and when it rains, I have a phony tail. I've only worn my hair out the first day when I gotten it straighten. Maybe tomorrow I may wear it out and then I'll go back to wigging it next Wed after a little DC/clarifying.

luck ladies. :yep:

Last edited:
my hair is wrapped up with a scarf. thought i was going to hang out tomorrow with the girls, but it looks like IL is finally going to get some snow and a lot at that!

Lately, I've been conditioning my hair every evening and baggying every night. I've been conditioning under a stocking cap so as not to disturb my protective style too much. Im gonna update my regimen on my original post later since I've made changes. I've been feeling pretty good about my hair lately. Its been feeling better. I'm becoming more conscious of things relating to my hair.

count me in!

Taken Dec 31st

a6898864-de69-a0fd.jpg

What is your goal date for BSL? October 25, 2012 (my Bday...lol)

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? it's been 3 yrs at this HHJ and i can't seem to get past BSB for nada!!!! I had a huge setback in Jan 2011 and now i'm trimming all the damaged ends. (see hair journey here)

Whats your current length? APL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed
Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
This year I plan to:
1) Continue to relax twice a year. My first relaxer for the year will be March 24th

2) Stick to what helped my hair at the beginning of my journey: Amla Oil. This will be my pre-poo staple as well as rosemary oil.

3) Low manipulation

4) No huge trims!!! Every time I trim I'm pushed back to APL :-( Dusting only!!!

5) Continue to use my Nioxin vitamins daily. My hair has gotten so much thicker since using it.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Possibly...possibly...retire from wearing weaves :ohwell:....possibly...

Last edited:
Co-washed my hair yesterday with Curl Junkie Daily Fix, Conditioned with Curl Junkie Argan + Olive Oil Condish (wanted to use it up), and followed with the Loc method using water, Smooth Lotion, and Castor Oil. I then braided my hair in 6 braids...I'll be making smaller braids today. Also oiled my scalp with CO.

So I was bein a wonderful gf and was helping my bf clean out his closet n we found an unopened (still sealed) 50count of natures blend hair vits! They don't expire until October. Score 1 for me :) .. He found them an said "hey can't u take these vitamins too for ur hair growing thing?" LOL. Great way to start my day.

You can still join. Come on in and join the party.

Why not join and if you have a previous picture before you had the sew-in post that. Then when you get your sew-in removed, take a starting picture and edit your original post. When are you taking out your sew-in?

I'm taking down my sew-in Jan. 21st

I got a stash of conditioners today on clearance. Either today or tomorrow, I am going to cowash, dc and twist up to wear another two weeks.

Back