BSL 2010 Challenge

Update

I've been wearing braids and braidouts pretty much the whole summer...I actually didn't think any of my hair would make bsl this year after experiencing breakage.
My hair is extremely uneven now

But to my surprise...when I was braiding the hair on middle/front of the left side of my head...I noticed I was only a CM from BSL on that side! I wasn't planning for this side, which happens to be the longest length of my hair, to reach BSL until possibly december...so this is a nice surprise. It should be BSL by september :)

this has realli motivated me to get back in the game.

Last edited:
Update

I've been wearing braids and braidouts pretty much the whole summer...I actually didn't think any of my hair would make bsl this year after experiencing breakage.
My hair is extremely uneven now

But to my surprise...when I was braiding the middle/front of the left side of my hair...I noticed I was only a CM from BSL on that side! I wasn't planning for this side, which happens to be the longest length of my hair, to reach BSL until possibly december...so this is a nice surprise. It should be BSL by september :)

this has realli motivated me to get back in the game.

That is SOOOOOO COOOL Nellie! Whew Hew! :D
Great news!

Well I'm going to graciously back out of this challenge. Due to my setback earlier this year, I will not reach BSL by the end of the year. So I will join the 2011 challenge and hopefully by May '11 I will be BSL. Keep growing ladies

I finally made it :D Im BSB!!!! After about 1 year going from APL to BSB, I self relaxed on friday and I finally BSB!!!! Now on to MBL idk I'll make uo by the end of the year but I sure will try!

picture.php

I finally made it :D Im BSB!!!! After about 1 year going from APL to BSB, I self relaxed on friday and I finally BSB!!!! Now on to MBL idk I'll make uo by the end of the year but I sure will try!

picture.php

:congrats: I am so happy for you, :D Yeah! Great Job!

Thank you so much, especially with your advice about switching relaxers. I did it and Im not bald lol, couldnt be happier :)

Your so Very Welcome, I am so happy that you reached your goal, now push on for MBL for the rest of the year :) U should be proud :D

Checking in.... This is the latest pic. from my one year update thread. I offically still have 2 1/2 inches to make BSL. Still pushing for the end the year for my deadline.

014-1.jpg

Checking in.... This is the latest pic. from my one year update thread. I offically still have 2 1/2 inches to make BSL. Still pushing for the end the year for my deadline.

014-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS FLOW!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

i just LOVE LOVE LOVE how SMOOTH and SILKY LONG YOUR HAIR LOOKS!!!

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Checking in ladies! This is my hair from last night. Hoping to be bsl within a few months.

I believe im in this challenge too unfortunately I dont think I would be making it to apl by the end of the year because yesterday I had my hair trimmed which I needed badly
augusttrim3-vi.jpg

I can't post an update pic bc I'm in the hide your hair challenge but my latest length check pics from July are in my album (annoying I know). I'm currently at BSB so I'm really praying I make BSL by Dec and I know I'll probably need a good trim by then.

At this point, I'm just hoping I don't need to trim too much when I DO straighten next month. Still wet bunning for the most part, although I took a small break last week to experiment with wet sets and braid & curls. Hopefully the constant moisture and protection will keep the splits at bay. Crossing my fingers that I make it by December. I'm so sick of being stuck at APL!

At this point, I'm just hoping I don't need to trim too much when I DO straighten next month. Still wet bunning for the most part, although I took a small break last week to experiment with wet sets and braid & curls. Hopefully the constant moisture and protection will keep the splits at bay. Crossing my fingers that I make it by December. I'm so sick of being stuck at APL!

i soooo hear you!!!
i will perm this saturday and really hope not too much trimming will be necessary. just the thought of trimming makes me wince because i really hope to see at least the ends of my longest layer at BSL by december, even though it is alot to ask, having started at SL when i joined in jan/feb.
i think wet bunning has definitely helped because we're not letting our ends touch other things and without that friction or the use of heat, the major factors that cause split ends are eliminated.
if that doesn't contribute to healthy ends, what does?
but, we'll have to wait and see when we straighten....:blush:

first people said going from SL to APL was the longest because of the space required, but even APL to BSL is no joke!:rolleyes:

ETA: from the looks of it, my left side is a few centimeters (when wet) longer than my right, so i'm already picking my brain trying to figure out if it's better to trim it back to the length of the other side OR just give the right side the time to catch up.:perplexed

any suggestions ladies?

^^ If you're not wearing it out, then I would say wait and see if the other side will catch up :yep:

Thank you, Bryantgurls!
you're right about the not wearing it out part....although i wanted to wear it out 1 or 2 days in the next 8 weeks until my next perm.:ohwell:

on the bright side, if i don't trim that longer part off, it will be a natural incentive to not wear my lopsided hair out at all, lol!:look:

Thank you, Bryantgurls!
you're right about the not wearing it out part....although i wanted to wear it out 1 or 2 days in the next 8 weeks until my next perm.:ohwell:

on the bright side, if i don't trim that longer part off, it will be a natural incentive to not wear my lopsided hair out at all, lol!:look:

You could do a knot-out or some rag curls to help hide any unevenness :)

Checking in...today, I will be washing and maybe trying a rollerset...

oooh, that sounds like fun coz if you do a rollerset, you know i hope you take pictures to post!:lick:

just love seeing rollersets, heck, all hair pics!

especially because your hair is so pretty and in such great condition!

Checking in: I'm 6 weeks into my 3rd install. I'm finally seeing some new grow and re-started my vitamins... again.

Latingirly, Starronda ( I saw the pic before you took it down ;) ), flow Beautiful progress Ladies, Latingirly you've made progress because you hair looks great even if you had to trim if you needed it, it was holding U back ;)

Loulou - KEEP THOSE VITAMINs going and definitely while your in your install. We like pics :D

Lil Sparkle :crossedfingers:

Grow you know your progress is on point, don't hold on to split ends but dust them and don't even up right now, you have time to do that when you actually are wearing your hair out.

Janet your rollerset came out de vine your so lucky to have a LHCF sister to play with :lachen:

:)

Ladies THIS Year isn't over come on, lets not give up.

Back