BSL 2010 Challenge

I think you are the best challenge captain I have ever had the pleasure to know. I'm really glad to be a part of this challenge, even if for some reason I can't overcome this setback by December. Thanks girl!

Lilsparkle said it so very well!

JJ YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A SUPER CHARGED UPLIFTER IN LIFE!!!

YOU ALWAYS SEE THE GOOD, YOU ALWAYS STAY POSITIVE!!!

I'M SO GLAD TO BE SHARING THIS HHJ WITH YOU!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Hi Ladies,

Checking in. Not much to report. Life is super busy and my hair is either twisted or loose bunned. I'm growing great and looking forward to flatironing in cooler weather.

HHG see y'all ina few months!

I'm in the MBL 2010 challenge, but hopefully I can join this one too. I'm hoping to be BSL by the end of Summer and MBL hopefully by the end of the year. Would like to join this challenge for the extra motivation:look:

I'm in the MBL 2010 challenge, but hopefully I can join this one too. I'm hoping to be BSL by the end of Summer and MBL hopefully by the end of the year. Would like to join this challenge for the extra motivation:look:

Welcome Starronda :bighug:

I think with us doing the Hide Your Hair Challenge you should be there by summers end :)

Update;

My PS for the next 5 weeks will be extension braids. I got them braided last week and plan to keep them in for 6 weeks. Then I'm going to rest my hair for 2 weeks then get a texlax at 12 weeks post. I'm sorta following the CG method but I'm adding a couple steps on my own. I will w/con weekly and moisturize and seal my ends daily. I'm also usiig Sulu 2x a week.

This Pic is fresh braids
Newbraids7-10.jpg
[/IMG]

This is one week latter
1weekafter.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I ordered the MT today and will try that when i do my next braids instal in October.

Last edited:
I don't know what is going on with my hair. It's growing very fast but it just isn't retaining length.

Also, I tried a new relaxer that I knew wouldn't work, but Sally's didn't have my beloved Revlon Realistic. The new relaxer I tried was Silk Elements Olive Oil Relaxer. I added about 4 tbs of olive oil to it. The left side of my hair did not relax well (about 4 weeks ago) so I may try to relax again.

I really have hair anorexia. I miss my long hair. I just want to cry sometimes.

I don't know what is going on with my hair. It's growing very fast but it just isn't retaining length.

Also, I tried a new relaxer that I knew wouldn't work, but Sally's didn't have my beloved Revlon Realistic. The new relaxer I tried was Silk Elements Olive Oil Relaxer. I added about 4 tbs of olive oil to it. The left side of my hair did not relax well (about 4 weeks ago) so I may try to relax again.

I really have hair anorexia. I miss my long hair. I just want to cry sometimes.

How long is your hair now?

I BC'd (before i knew it had a name, LOL) 3 (maybe 4 but I know of 3) times. 2 times I only wore wash and go's. The middle BC I wore Braids all ways (I totally forgot about this BC) LOL, I was so into my human hair wet and wave hair. It just had to be Wet and wave got it done every 3 months and I took it out monthly to redo them.

I loved those braids. :)

All this to say I got dazed, the last time is the ONLY time I missed my hair! :( that is why I am growing it back out. I am rocking a short wig, and won't go more than one length down every 4 months :). So if I am WL I will cut to MBL, MBL to BSL. :) that way I won't do anything drastic.

How long is your hair now?
hello. My hair is about APL. One side is longer than the other and my hair is " V " shaped in the back. I hate that very very much. I miss my blunt ends. I am trying to take it one day at a time.

I am happy that this thread is here for support. I really can't stand this short mess.

Still in braids. Will be taking them out in 2 more weeks, I can then give a better update:look:

I haven't updated in a while. So far I have been slacking with my protective styling but I go hard with my cowashes and treatments. My hair feels pretty darn nice and I'm seeing growth in some areas because I have highlights. Not too much cus I'm a slow grower but enough to feel encouraged. Especially in the front. I've also been doing better at retaining and I'm seeing a lot less short hairs in the sink. It's soo close!

Hiya ladies, I believe this may be my first update because even though I decleared APL what seems like forever ago, I didn't see my hair making any real strides to BSL.
My hair seems to grow in faster in some areas than others, particularly at the back, so I trimed my tail back 3/4" to 1" or so a couple of months ago, but now that same tail is approaching BSL and leaving her sisters way behind
Anway, I am going to DC and post pictures this weekend, but I just had to vent today :ohwell:

Update;

My PS for the next 5 weeks will be extension braids. I got them braided last week and plan to keep them in for 6 weeks. Then I'm going to rest my hair for 2 weeks then get a texlax at 12 weeks post. I'm sorta following the CG method but I'm adding a couple steps on my own. I will w/con weekly and moisturize and seal my ends daily. I'm also usiig Sulu 2x a week.

This Pic is fresh braids
Newbraids7-10.jpg
[/IMG]

This is one week latter
1weekafter.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm loving your braids :yep:

Just checking in...keeping the thread alive, lol!!! I'm PS'ing as usual...hair is cornrowed to the back...Props to missjae09, once again!!!

Attachments

• cornrow.jpg
    cornrow.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 16
  • cornrow2.jpg
    cornrow2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 12
Thank you. they are looking a little messy now since i've gotten some ng but i'm keeping them in for as long as i can bear it.

I have been having a bad case of the hand in your hair and length checking disease so I am now keeping my hair in cornrows underneath a half-wig! So far, this treatment is helping my diseases :lachen: Hopefully hiding my hair from myself will help me to reach my goals even sooner. O yeah I moisturize my cornrows daily...

I have been having a bad case of the hand in your hair and length checking disease so I am now keeping my hair in cornrows underneath a half-wig! So far, this treatment is helping my diseases :lachen: Hopefully hiding my hair from myself will help me to reach my goals even sooner. O yeah I moisturize my cornrows daily...

Come on over to the Hide Your Hair Challenge 2010 :D

I'm still wearing my natural hair in twists but right now I'm still undecided about what to do for fall. I'm thinking about trying a weave, kinky twist, latchhook, or going back to my wigs. My goal is to grow and retain 2 1/2 inches by Dec.

I did an oil rinse tonight, and now I'm sitting here mad....that I didn't try it sooner! Oh my goodness, my hair detangled like a dream! Not only that, but it's super soft and moisturized to boot. I am over here trippin', I swear....

I'm thinking that with this method, I can detangle less....which equals losing less hair....which equals saving my ends and strands from unnecessary breakage. YESSSSS!

Last edited:
Back