BSL 2010 Challenge

Here is my update pic:

dscf5342.jpg

What do you guys think? I will give it another 1/8-1/2 inch before I claim it since my hair is layered. :yep:

Looks like you'll be bsl very soon!!:yep:

My hair is in 4 conrows until the challenge is over. I redo them every night with bee mine serum and whipped cream ends which I need some more of.. down to washing 1 per week now.

YOu wash once every two weeks, have you tried dry shampoo or Sea Breeze to clean your scalp in between.

THanks :bighug: I am trying to switch up cause I need a break from my hair. LOL, but I want to still look cute, LOL so my Wiggies are my friends. :)

off to google sea breeze, dont know what that is. hope they have it in the UK

good luck girl! u dont need it though, youre on your way. regarding what works, i'll keep doing this, need to find a way to clean my scalp without washing :rolleyes:

Seabreeze is at Sally's.

I Need it trust me, LOL. I got those +2 inches cut. I guess it keeps me in the mix longer. I want to WIG it up until 2011. So I am ubber excited. I am hoping this will be something I can stick to.

I get quite a bit of hang loose time so it isn't like my hair is always going to be up. Totaling really 6 different braid ups for the year and the rest is my hair out :)

I am just hoping for some growth. I will update my Fotki either December 2010/March/June/Sept and December of 2011. I just hope by then I Have reached my goal. :)

My-everything, THAT IS AMAZING PROGRESS!!!
what do you think helped the most?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ladies, i am a bit lost about a very important detail....WHERE EXACTLY IS BSL?
i think i've found the BSB point, (thanks JJ and Chas!) but every bra i put on changes my BSL, so i no longer have a clue as to where i need to be.

is it true that BSL is the point where the nipples are located, but directly around to the back of our backs?

at least if i can find a point that i KNOW DOES NOT CHANGE depending on my garments, i can have a better idea of where i'm headed and maybe even know when i should get there. everytime i cahnge a bra, all i get is mixed measurements.....!

thanks for your help in clearing this up ladies!

Hi Ladies
I just realized that I never signed up for this challenge :( so hope you ladies don’t mind if I post pics of my progress. I made it to APL in Jan of this year but trimmed a off what felt like a lot of hair in Feb. So when I took down my install last week I was surprised to see that I am touching the top of my bra. I am hesitant to claim BSL right now so waiting until October when my ends fully cover the strap.

Attachments

• 2009-2010 Comparison.jpg
    2009-2010 Comparison.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_2609.jpg
    100_2609.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 29
Just checking in...did a PS this week...Next week, I think I'll wear a twist-out at least for two to three days...Hope everyone is chugging along!

I did a pony tail roller set and it came out aaamazing (for a styling impared person) I didn't let it dry fully so bits are fuzzy but overall I love it.
I'm trying to take my focus off of length but I am really excited for the Dec reveals

I did a pony tail roller set and it came out aaamazing (for a styling impared person) I didn't let it dry fully so bits are fuzzy but overall I love it.
I'm trying to take my focus off of length but I am really excited for the Dec reveals

gret news Sapphire!!!
i've been wanting to try that for ages, but am also a bit styling impaired, lol!:lachen:
can you show us how it came out? do you remember exactly how you got that look? (i think when i've tried it, i made my ponytail a bit too tight and had treadmarks,:lachen:) any how-to's would be greatly appreciated!:yep: thanks!

yea sure i'll post the pics :grin:

First I DCd and detangled. Then I sprayed aphogee keratin and green tea and tresemme smooth memory frizz control spray.

Then I put my hair into 6 ponytails, 3 on each side of my head.

Next I sprayed water and further detangled each section with a finer toothed comb and rolled it onto 2 rollers per ponytail.

I dried it for an hour which I though would be enough time because my flexirod set dried in an hour but It wasn't, and I made my ponytail bands too thick so they were never going to dry

I really wish i'd have been more patient and let them actually dry lol

Last edited:
Hey Laides, i'm having some major shedding issues, i dont know why, i dont comb my hair that often though, once a week or once eveyother week. coulc this be why? i wear is in a bun and leave the bun in for a week or two. when i do take it down, i get so much shed hairs, its scary, what can i d to help this?

Hey Laides, i'm having some major shedding issues, i dont know why, i dont comb my hair that often though, once a week or once eveyother week. coulc this be why? i wear is in a bun and leave the bun in for a week or two. when i do take it down, i get so much shed hairs, its scary, what can i d to help this?

I think what you are experiencing is normal. It a week worth of hair. Im sure you are aware of the 50-100 strands of hair being lost daily.

Like you, my hair is in a bun daily, I finger comb when needed. On the weekends I wash, detangle and bun it back up. I have a hair ball each weekend. Some hairballs bigger than before. I don't sweat, cause I still have a head full of hair.

Look at your hair and see if you are going bald or thinning, if not, don't sweat. If so, then and only then you have a problem.

Tonight I decided to use my maxiglide. It was easier than what I thought. I also saved some money by not going to the hairdresser as well.

I wash my hair with CVS brand moisturing shampoo and condition with Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring conditioner.

On still damp hair applied, Aphogee kertain Green tea reconstructer and a little of Silicon Mix conditioner. Than I let it airdry to 70 to 80 percent dry.

My hair was very soft at this point. I then applied CHI silk infusion and Argon oil, let it sit for awhile, then proceeded to use my maxiglide. WOW my hair was silky smooth and very shiny. I did not use the teeth and had the setting on 3. My hair was straight after one pass. Also im 10 weeks post.

So Im very happy with my accomplishment.

My ends seem dry, so afterwards I baggied my ponytail for 45 minutes.

Done and did it myself

Just checking in. I recently incorporated SEALING into my regimen, something I have never really done. Between that, this recent wet bunning thing I have started, and Megatek, I'm hoping to beat these SSKs and retain everything I grow. On top of that, I've been researching this pH balance issue more. I watched Kimmaytube's (now infamous) leave-in conditioner video, mixed up a batch of my own -- substituting Giovanni Direct for the KCKT -- and so far I love it. Although I cowash daily, I still have an issue with my hair being really dry at the end of the night, and hopefully this will keep that from happening.

Lots of changes in the past week or so....let's hope they produce some tangible results.

i hope someone will answer the question of the BSL measurement.

is it or is it not where the nipple is on the front, but directly around to the back?

please help explain this ladies.

thank you.

Grow it is not to me measured like that, some have low breast, some have high breast. Also what about peoples who nipples droop to their belly, or people with barely any breast at all.

Your Shoulder Blades don't move which is why I changed the beginning thread to BSB/BSL. BSB is Below Shoulder blades that doesn't move. But I do have my favorite bra that I use for measuring where my idea of BSL is and that is below BSB. :)

I have had a bit of a set back. I went to the salon for a blow dry-flat iron job. I am now about half an inch from APL. She did trim my ends, which I did need, since it hasn't been done in awhile. So now my length is evened out and my hair looks great, she did a wonderful job. I just don't think I'll make it to BSL until early 2011 now.

Grow it is not to me measured like that, some have low breast, some have high breast. Also what about peoples who nipples droop to their belly, or people with barely any breast at all.

Your Shoulder Blades don't move which is why I changed the beginning thread to BSB/BSL. BSB is Below Shoulder blades that doesn't move. But I do have my favorite bra that I use for measuring where my idea of BSL is and that is below BSB. :)

thanks for addressing this dilema, JJ!

so, what i'm gonna do is just stick with ONE BRA for measuring instead of checking it with every bra i wear, which gets confusing.

i wish we could find a body part that does correspond to the official BSL.
(like the shoulder blades do for BSB.)

in the meantime, i'll just make sure to always use the same bra.

thanks for addressing this dilema, JJ!

so, what i'm gonna do is just stick with ONE BRA for measuring instead of checking it with every bra i wear, which gets confusing.

i wish we could find a body part that does correspond to the official BSL.
(like the shoulder blades do for BSB.)

in the meantime, i'll just make sure to always use the same bra.

Grow, BSL was the only part on the body that was actually a clothing part otherwise all else was on the body. Some people don't go by BSL and prefer to go by BSB, I prefer BSB :) that way it's no mystery. LOL

MBL is not much further, since I had a SHS, but I am working hard to get it back. HARD!!!!!

I plan on going HARD like Rihanna LOL. Going to see if my cousin can come braid it up before she goes on Vacation this week :)

Grow, BSL was the only part on the body that was actually a clothing part otherwise all else was on the body. Some people don't go by BSL and prefer to go by BSB, I prefer BSB :) that way it's no mystery. LOL

MBL is not much further, since I had a SHS, but I am working hard to get it back. HARD!!!!!

I plan on going HARD like Rihanna LOL. Going to see if my cousin can come braid it up before she goes on Vacation this week :)

excuse me JJ, but could you please refresh my memory on what a SHS is?:perplexed

so if i understand correctly, MBL (which you are right now JJ), should not be far from BSL, and thus not too far from BSB either.
(it took me forever to get from SL to APL so to think of having to do something like that again would make me barf!:blush: )

i prefer BSB too because there's no mistaking where that is.

Back