BSL 2010 Challenge

Hey everyone!
I just straightened my hair for the first time since may and got a trim. My hair is a little longer than I thought. I am still APL...but I am about 2.5-3 inches from BSL...so hopefully I can still make it by Dec...if not dec, by Feb

Hi Ladies,

I attached a better length picture and although I am not BSL I'm pretty darn close...I'm thinking about moseying on into the MBL Challenge just to see how far I can get...

Attachments

• July Length Check 004.jpg
    July Length Check 004.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 44
Hi Ladies,

I attached a better length picture and although I am not BSL I'm pretty darn close...I'm thinking about moseying on into the MBL Challenge just to see how far I can get...

You are sooooo close!! You will def. be there next month.:yep: I'm lovin the color and your natural do as well.

You are sooooo close!! You will def. be there next month.:yep: I'm lovin the color and your natural do as well.

Aww, thanks! I was not expecting to be this close...Now, I have to make sure that I don't have any setbacks with this color so that I can get as close to MBL as possible!

Ok ladies, I'm back. I needed time to process that setback, and I feel better now. Five months to get to BSL from full APL...that's three inches I believe. I don't crave it as much now that I made it and lost it, but I'm gonna push for it. My hair is sewn up in a weave as of now, and Tuesday will mark three weeks that I have had it in. My goal is 8 weeks. I'm just taking it one day at a time, Megatekking and cowashing since it's curly hair (BoBraz).

Lots of great progress in this thread, and I see a lot of ladies have reached their goals. Congrats, guys :)

No worries you'll get there again; Maybe the laxed mode will allow you to reach there in the nick of time, I think when we are so anxious we check it too often, but your going to be there in no time. :D

Janet I left you a comment, and I don't see it :( I might have left it in another thread LOL!

Your hair progress is looking great!

I don't know if I Updated here but:

I have 4 more inches until MBL and 6 for WL since my 2 inch trim/cut, I need shape to my hair so this was more important to me :)

:clap: Clap for em, Clap for em!

Tonight I was co-washing and decided to stretch a few sections and see where I was length wise. I am happy to report that my nape stretched is BSL!!! :trampolin:trampolin:yay::bouncy:

My hair is layered, so the rest of my hair ranges from APL to CBL. My next pictures will be taken on my nappiversary (July 15th). I'm going to figure out how to take a picture w/o involving my SO b/c I don't want him making fun of me. :perplexed

Janet I left you a comment, and I don't see it :( I might have left it in another thread LOL!

Your hair progress is looking great!

I don't know if I Updated here but:

I have 4 more inches until MBL and 6 for WL since my 2 inch trim/cut, I need shape to my hair so this was more important to me :)

JJamiah, I think that you left it in the MBL Challenge...as I quietly slipped over there, lol. Thanks!

Hi Ladies,

Tonight I was co-washing and decided to stretch a few sections and see where I was length wise. I am happy to report that my nape stretched is BSL!!! :trampolin:trampolin:yay::bouncy:

My hair is layered, so the rest of my hair ranges from APL to CBL. My next pictures will be taken on my nappiversary (July 15th). I'm going to figure out how to take a picture w/o involving my SO b/c I don't want him making fun of me. :perplexed

i braided my hair. i just need a break from doing it daily. i'll try and take pics tomorrow.

ladies, seeing you all reaching your goals and getting ready for new ones just fills me with joy and hope!
THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!!!!:grin:

My flat iron fell and broke so I can't really do a length check/picture update :( (on the other hand this may be a good thing because then I'm not tempted to use heat on my hair). I did a quick stretch and it looks like I'm about 1.5 inches from BSL. I've been really busy so I've just been leaving my hair alone for the most part..taking care of it but at the same time not obsessing over it. It looks like it has gotten a bit thicker as well.

I'm hoping for a summer spurt too. I'm doing more cowashes, I noticed those with significant progress cowash. And, more baggying under my wig. I've been psing, direct heat twice this year, and 2 dustings but my growth/retention wasn't that much. I gained an inch so far. I only wore my hair out for 2 wks this year. (I hope the cowashing helps me)

i hear ya! summer is the real "growth spurting" time, but hey, we've still got some months left to get it in!

i think by early september, we should have an accurate idea of how the summer spurt has gone......so we have got to be patient....yuck, lol!

i really try not to even look much at my hair anymore so i can be "surprised" when i check....and believe me, that's not easy!

especially because i am cowashing daily now (yes, aa9746, i believe it works, too!) so i actually have contact with my hair....i just try to stay away from the double mirrors and get that double baggy bun done fast!

hhg ladies!

Here is my update. I just took out my braids and I still need 2" to BSL by December. I'm getting a bit discouraged as I think I'll need to push my goal to feb or march of 2011. But, I am keeping positive by not focusing on time line goals, instead focusing on my progress thus far. Oh, and I haven't relaxed in 16 months- so maybe if I relax I will be closer to BSL than I think:

picture.php

Beans4reezy: I think at least 2 inches is definately within your grasp this year, what are you doing with your hair for the rest of summer?

I am wearing a dress today that is about an inch and a half above my actual bra strap and my hair is actually hitting it! I know it's not bsl but now I can see it in the horizon, I think this hot weather is good for growth.
will be back to post pic

Beans4reezy: I think at least 2 inches is definately within your grasp this year, what are you doing with your hair for the rest of summer?

Corn row braids, wigs, and I am thinking about getting a sew-in as well. I am really deep into my stretch- so no manipulation/protective styles will be a must for me for the rest of the year.:yep:

HEllo Ladies :)

How are you doing, I have been so Busy with the Mr. and now my boys are back. I have used 1 thing up.

My NTM Silk Touch Leave in is all finished.

I am also going to be making a couple of trips to the Salon for the SUmmer, I think since I like to pamper myself in the warmer months usually from May - September.

I am also putting this on prepaid cards and making request for gifts for gift certificates.
I Realized I miss being pampered.

I had a Prescriptive Facial, Pedicure, Wax and my hair done this week and it felt so relieving. I haven't gotten this much attention in such a long time. I feel like a new woman :)

I think the Mr. Needs one he is a bit cranky! :D

HEllo Ladies :)

How are you doing, I have been so Busy with the Mr. and now my boys are back. I have used 1 thing up.

My NTM Silk Touch Leave in is all finished.

I am also going to be making a couple of trips to the Salon for the SUmmer, I think since I like to pamper myself in the warmer months usually from May - September.

I am also putting this on prepaid cards and making request for gifts for gift certificates.
I Realized I miss being pampered.

I had a Prescriptive Facial, Pedicure, Wax and my hair done this week and it felt so relieving. I haven't gotten this much attention in such a long time. I feel like a new woman :)

I think the Mr. Needs one he is a bit cranky! :D

I am soooo jealous.. There's nothing like getting pampered. I agree you do feel like a new woman.:gorgeous:

whoops that pic was massive, here is resized. grrr still massive ok last time
blowdry10thjulyresize2.jpg

I love the thickness of your hair!

Here is my update. I just took out my braids and I still need 2" to BSL by December. I'm getting a bit discouraged as I think I'll need to push my goal to feb or march of 2011. But, I am keeping positive by not focusing on time line goals, instead focusing on my progress thus far. Oh, and I haven't relaxed in 16 months- so maybe if I relax I will be closer to BSL than I think:

picture.php

You'll make it this year.:yep:

Congrats!!!!!

Back