BSL 2010 Challenge

Just checking in to say that my nape is now BSL, a small amount passes BS. The rest is a full APL. I hope by the end of the year to be full BSL.

Hi Ladies, I'm back. I had moved on to the MBL challenge a couple of months ago, but I had to cut 4 inches off due to raggedy ends and post-partum shedding. :nono: Anywho, I'm back and I hope to be full BSL by Dec 2010

71010.jpg

I am checking in. I have taken slacking to a new level...:nono: I have been in the same braids since March. I am currently taking them down and hopefully by the end of the week I should be finish and able to make a assesment if I will be able to make this goal.

Congrats to everyone that has made BSL>

I'm checking in. I'm still transitioning and keeping my hair in protective styles. I will probably do a length check in September. I'm trying to avoid heat, though. So, I'll see what I can do.

Still striving to get to BSL over here. Haven't straightened in a bit so i don't know how far i have to go now. I'll probably do a length check at the end of the month or so.

just checking in ladies.....

i am so counting the inches...no the centimeters until i get to BSL!

i wear my bras so low though.

i think i will get to BSB before BSL.

of course, having such a long back does not help....

hubby thinks i might make it before december.....hmmmmm.....i wish!

Still hoping & wishing for BSL by Xmas. I've been keeping my hair in updo's mostly especially because it's been so hot. I think i'm getting my summer spurt but won't know until the weather cools and I straighten my hair.

Keep on truckin ladies.

I'm seriously about to wash my hair tonight- I like the straight look, really I do, but I'm in growth mode and I feel like the best way for my hair to do that is to leave it be- that means, back to wash and go's!!!

Hi ladies, I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this challenge. It's bee fun and I can't wait to see all of the lovely BSL ladies in Dec.!! I'll see you all at BSL hopefully next year around this time. Guess I got a little over ambitious.... :)

Happy hair growing!!!

Hi ladies, I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this challenge. It's bee fun and I can't wait to see all of the lovely BSL ladies in Dec.!! I'll see you all at BSL hopefully next year around this time. Guess I got a little over ambitious.... :)

Happy hair growing!!!

Hey!!! Don't go....December 31st is still a llooonnnngggg way off!! Who knows what can happen between then & now.:yep:

Still hoping & wishing for BSL by Xmas. I've been keeping my hair in updo's mostly especially because it's been so hot. I think i'm getting my summer spurt but won't know until the weather cools and I straighten my hair.

Keep on truckin ladies.

Girl - You and me both! I am hoping against hope to be BSL...even if only touching it!!!....by December 31st. Keeping it all hidden until then:yep:

Baddison, BGT, you ladies are doing F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.L.Y. WELL!!!!
your progresses are such inspirations!

keep up the great work and let's all see each other at BSL this december!!!!!

Hi All.

I'm new to LHCF but I've been on a challenge myself since Feb 2010. My 1st goal was to get my hair to an even thick length. I've worn weaves and braids since 2/10. I got a retouch in 6/10 after 22 weeks. I got a trim and I'm waiting another 4 weeks before putting back the braids and going another stretch until December. I am at APL right now,but my goal is to get BSL. I've loved reading all the post and recommendations by the members. I love this site. Thank to you all. and happy healthy hair journey.

I hope that this challenge continues for 2011 so I can be in from the start.

Hello everybody,
Just checking in. I know I haven't been on here like that it's just that I am still in school bustin my butt. I am in hair hiding because I want to perm my hair so bad and my one year transtion will be in October so I don't want to do nothing crazy to my hair out of mixed feelings. I hope that I will be able to make it to BSL tbis has been the longest time for me with out a perm so I am making it work.:grin:

Hey!!! Don't go....December 31st is still a llooonnnngggg way off!! Who knows what can happen between then & now.:yep:

LOL, Thanks, but I'd need a serious miracle, since I'm about 2.5 inches from APL. :perplexed I'll still check in from time to time, to be inspired and to motivate!!

Last edited:
I'm wearing twists right now. I'll be so happy if my hair retains as it grows. I normally wear wigs or extentions so it would be great if I can grow my own natural hair while in a protective style.

Ladies this must be low manipulation time, At the end of the month I am going to braid up my hair in a bee hive to wear my HH Wig Bob, so that will be my style for a while LOL.

Hey everyone. WOW yall hair looks great. Everyone is doing good. Im so happy for you all.

I know I been gone awhile, im so tired. Work, school, and training, im dead to the world. Been negleting my hair 50% but still growing. Yall know im on hiatius from any cutting for the next four months. I realize my beatuician wants me to have even ends. She told me that Im due for a trim next relaxer. Yall my ends are split free and strong. I told her, im not getting it cut, cause she just trimmed me a couple months ago and replied, "I did" oh ok. I was like yes you did. If they not split, im not cutting, case closed.
She meant well, but my hair is longer, even from last week. I can't wait to get my relaxer.
Well, back to sleep, wanted to come in and let you know, im not dead. I should be getting a relaxer either next week, or at the end of the month.

Been MIA for a little bit. I'm facing a challenge I have to get the upper hand in right now. My hair is thinning something terrible in the front/temples. Will have to post to get some assistance. :sad:

Ladies this must be low manipulation time, At the end of the month I am going to braid up my hair in a bee hive to wear my HH Wig Bob, so that will be my style for a while LOL.

hey ladies everyone seems to be doing great on here, i havent checked in for a while, i'm not due to be BSL till oct, i think i'm right on schedule.so YAY!!!! cant wait. JJ your progress is inspirational, wow . how often do u wash your hair when doing low manipulation, i've started washing ever two weeks, or even three weeks sometimes:look:, and i think my hair is happier, maybe not my scalp though.how often is everyone washing their hair?

Been MIA for a little bit. I'm facing a challenge I have to get the upper hand in right now. My hair is thinning something terrible in the front/temples. Will have to post to get some assistance. :sad:

sorry to hear this, are u doing anything different that might have caused this?

hey ladies everyone seems to be doing great on here, i havent checked in for a while, i'm not due to be BSL till oct, i think i'm right on schedule.so YAY!!!! cant wait. JJ your progress is inspirational, wow . how often do u wash your hair when doing low manipulation, i've started washing ever two weeks, or even three weeks sometimes:look:, and i think my hair is happier, maybe not my scalp though.how often is everyone washing their hair?

I will be wetting my scalp 3 times a week in the shower. I will spray it with Infusium those days as well for a leave in.

I will also get some scalpecin, braid spray to conquer the ITCH. Thanks so much ReniBell, YOu have to do what works for you if every 2 weeks is what is working, don't worry about others. I am just trying to retain all my length. :) wish me luck?

When my hair is normal and out I wash weekly with Hair ONe Olive Oil and shampoo once a month with Ion Clarifying Shampoo.

I will be wetting my scalp 3 times a week in the shower. I will spray it with Infusium those days as well for a leave in.

I will also get some scalpecin, braid spray to conquer the ITCH. Thanks so much ReniBell, YOu have to do what works for you if every 2 weeks is what is working, don't worry about others. I am just trying to retain all my length. :) wish me luck?

When my hair is normal and out I wash weekly with Hair ONe Olive Oil and shampoo once a month with Ion Clarifying Shampoo.

good luck girl! u dont need it though, youre on your way. regarding what works, i'll keep doing this, need to find a way to clean my scalp without washing :rolleyes:

good luck girl! u dont need it though, youre on your way. regarding what works, i'll keep doing this, need to find a way to clean my scalp without washing :rolleyes:

YOu wash once every two weeks, have you tried dry shampoo or Sea Breeze to clean your scalp in between.

THanks :bighug: I am trying to switch up cause I need a break from my hair. LOL, but I want to still look cute, LOL so my Wiggies are my friends. :)

Here is my update pic:

dscf5342.jpg

What do you guys think? I will give it another 1/8-1/2 inch before I claim it since my hair is layered. :yep:

Back