BSL 2010 Challenge

Claiming it gosh darnit!

June 2010

picture.php

Congratulations!!! MBL here she comes!!! :dance7:

Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment is AWESOME, my advice get a self heating cap, leave the SE on for about 1-2 hours under this and then the feel you will get will leave BUTTER in the dust. I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! It is my main staple. :D I have the creme tub not the green.

SE bought my hair back from extreme chlorine damage!

Yep! Silk Elements Moisturizing treatment is a staple of mines also!!! I have never received such good results from anything else. I actually tried to use others because I wanted to save money, but I had to go right back to SE. Forget the money, this stuff is good! :lick:

Giovanni is warming up to my heart. lol. I used the 50:50 shampoo today, and I am in LOVE! And its good for colored hair. Add that to the fact that its sulfate free and I was sold, but then when I felt my hair after using it?! I could still run my fingers through it: NO DRYNESS, yet it felt absolutely clean. Moist and clean? If I had my Tresemme Shampoo with me I would throw it out, my ORS creamy aloe shampoo too! As soon as I get back to school tomorrow, I will. Its THAT GOOD.

When was my last length check photo? LOL oh well, I took lots of pics today because of my new highlights (another thread), and of COURSE I had to add a length check so...here it is:

111qvsz.jpg

I hope I can be at the bottom of it at the end of the summer.
Nice progress! I haven't done a length check either, since the beginning of the challenge. I'm scared because I haven't been protective styling like I should, and I may have retained length in some place but not others:perplexed...you've inspired my lazy butt to step up!:yep:

Hey all,

I forgot I was in this challege. Anyway I have a super long neck (was nicknamed goose after my father:lachen:) and I am finally .5 inches past APL! I havent relaxed since Sept 2009 and wont until the first week in Dec. hopefully by then I will be BSB. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my ENTIRE life!

My final goal is WL with a goal of June 2012! I got 2 years to go! I am going to straighten in a few weeks for a trim and hopefully I can add some pics.

I am too happy to have found this site and all of you lovely ladies!

HHG!

Hey all,

I forgot I was in this challege. Anyway I have a super long neck (was nicknamed goose after my father:lachen:) and I am finally .5 inches past APL! I havent relaxed since Sept 2009 and wont until the first week in Dec. hopefully by then I will be BSB. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my ENTIRE life!

My final goal is WL with a goal of June 2012! I got 2 years to go! I am going to straighten in a few weeks for a trim and hopefully I can add some pics.

I am too happy to have found this site and all of you lovely ladies!

HHG!

i'm so happy to see the progress you ladies are making!

Hello my two lost sisters, I sent a bounty hunter to bring you back alive and your punishment was no co washing for a week :D

What's going on :) grow?

Congrats on your progress SS :D

Ladies we have 6 more months to go. I want to have a mini game in BSL 2010. I want to Challenge you ladies to retain 3 inches, and I'd like to do 3 checks August, October and December so that we can keep at it. Checks are verbal, and in December I'd like all of us even those who have passed BSL to come back and post the Beginning picture and ending picture for they year. I'd so love to inspire 2011 Challengers.

Ladies thanks for making BSL 2010 such a large and important challenge. :D

Sounds like a good challenge! I will be checking in, I think 3 inches will defo have me at bsl :grin: jjamiah and alot of our ladies are gonna be wsl by then :rofl: :yep: :drunk:

I received my Ponytails from Hairsisters today!
I quickly gelled up my hair :D and put a Pony HOok in it. Got under the dryer and dried my hair most of the way. I put my pony on :D AHhhh just like old times. I will rock this for the WHOLE SUMMER. I love it, it is low manipulation and I look groomed not to mention it last the whole week :D

Ladies, I am now transitioning from relaxed to natural. I just don't see the desire or need to relax my hair. I'm still in the challenge, though with some different objectives!! Wish me luck.

Here is my update from this weekend, too. Ended another 13-week (3-month stretch)

Am I the slowest grower on the planet???:wallbash::wallbash:

We just have to keep pushing.:yep: You have made progress and you hair looks healthy. I feel like my hair is standing still also. We have about the same amount of inches to go before reaching bsl. Sigh we'll get there.:yep:

I need 1/2 an inch to reach full bsl :) I'm finally perfecting my regimen, using the right techniques ect..Hopefully i'll be wsl by april 2011 just in time for my 4 years naturalversary:grin::grin:

Plan on getting a corrective relaxer this friday so prepooed with wheatgerm oil and bitoera conditioner, clarified, did an Aphogee2step treatment, DCed for 30 w heat and 2 hours without heat with a mixture of Suave humectant, NTM, matrix biolage ultra hydrating conditioner, and coconut oil. Air dried with giovanni direct leave in.

Hopefully I'll be BSL or very close to it on Friday!

Plan on getting a corrective relaxer this friday so prepooed with wheatgerm oil and bitoera conditioner, clarified, did an Aphogee2step treatment, DCed for 30 w heat and 2 hours without heat with a mixture of Suave humectant, NTM, matrix biolage ultra hydrating conditioner, and coconut oil. Air dried with giovanni direct leave in.

Hopefully I'll be BSL or very close to it on Friday!

I'm looking forward to seeing your update! :lick::lick:

Ok, so I've claimed bsl already. But that was stretched and just the longest layers. Now I'm claiming full BSL and officially moving onward to mbl.

i've been told by the other ladies on here that i'm about an inch or so from BSB, which for me is alot better because i wear my bra strap really low and am 5 feet 10 and a half inches.

plus, trying to figure which bra to use for the pictures is so difficult to keep consistent, too!

anyhoo, i just think it's better to go by the bone structure because that does not change according to what a person is wearing.

i must admit, when i first joined this challenge earlier this year, i kinda never thought it would happen, but this demonstration is increasing my faith and making me a believer that everything is possible!

i've never had hair this long in my entire life!

it's late here right now, but tomorrow, i'll post the progress pics!

here's the picture i promised!

i know my shorter front layers still have quite a ways to go (they are about 2 inches from APL), but i was so busy looking at those layers, i forgot to pay attention to how these back layers are steadily inching their way to BSL now!

yes, i need to count my blessings and not only look at what i need to grow out more, but to also look at what is already growing now!

what do you ladies think?

will i make it by the deadline? (we're only talking the back ends.....i know it'll take until 2011 for the shorter layers to "catch up", lol!)

here's the picture i promised!

i know my shorter front layers still have quite a ways to go (they are about 2 inches from APL), but i was so busy looking at those layers, i forgot to pay attention to how these back layers are steadily inching their way to BSL now!

yes, i need to count my blessings and not only look at what i need to grow out more, but to also look at what is already growing now!

what do you ladies think?

will i make it by the deadline? (we're only talking the back ends.....i know it'll take until 2011 for the shorter layers to "catch up", lol!)

Wonderful Progress keep up the great work :D

Wonderful Progress keep up the great work :D

Thank you so much sweetie pie!:yep:

JJamiah, i don't know how you put up with my whinning and complaining all these months, lol!:lachen:
you've always been there to wipe my tears and get me back on track!
so it's extra special to share this joy with you because you're one of those special people who helped me get there! (also NJoy, Aggie, Flowinlocks, and alot great ladies...you know who you are...i need to make a page just for the thanks!)

Thank you for believing in me and my hair, even when i couldn't!
You are a blessing!!!:grin:

Thank you so much sweetie pie!:yep:

JJamiah, i don't know how you put up with my whinning and complaining all these months, lol!:lachen:
you've always been there to wipe my tears and get me back on track!
so it's extra special to share this joy with you because you're one of those special people who helped me get there! (also NJoy, Aggie, Flowinlocks, and alot great ladies...you know who you are...i need to make a page just for the thanks!)

Thank you for believing in me and my hair, even when i couldn't!
You are a blessing!!!:grin:

Grow Your totally welcome, I never heard whining or complaining at all. :)
I am happy to help and if you ever need to do it again I am here. :)
Your well on your way to your goal.

Your hair is going to grow weather you want it to or not, it's just keeping it on our heads that sometimes poses a challenge weather we are scissor happy or don't know the proper techniques at the moment. It is okay, a learning curve. :)

You seem to have come along very well, I am proud of you. You'll be there at the end of the year, with consistant growth, congratulations :)

:bighug:

Hi All, I just wanted to update with a picture that I took July 1, the day that I colored. I am claiming BSB and I have been told that I wear my bra low, but I'm not claiming BSL until my hair touches my bra...even if that really means I'm pretty much MBL...What do you think?

Attachments

• Hair 27.jpg
    Hair 27.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Hair 28.jpg
    Hair 28.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 23
Ok ladies, I'm back. I needed time to process that setback, and I feel better now. Five months to get to BSL from full APL...that's three inches I believe. I don't crave it as much now that I made it and lost it, but I'm gonna push for it. My hair is sewn up in a weave as of now, and Tuesday will mark three weeks that I have had it in. My goal is 8 weeks. I'm just taking it one day at a time, Megatekking and cowashing since it's curly hair (BoBraz).

Lots of great progress in this thread, and I see a lot of ladies have reached their goals. Congrats, guys :)

Back