BSL 2010 Challenge

Congrats to you BlackHoyaChick :congrats: . I'm worried too, 'cause I also wear my bra low. My avatar is where I wear it. So for me, it feels like forever to get to BSL...:wallbash:

Where you wear you bra is the same for me. I'm at bsb for my longest layers (the others are almost there). So, I'm expecting bsl by December. Yes, it seems like forever!

Ladies I took some pics of my hair today with the Set I did on the pillow soft curlers :)

I am 20 weeks post so Excuse the frizz LOL!

MY son just told me I am woofing, Just because his hair is slicked down he thinks he is cute. Literally your Woofing ma!

Attachments

• Jo-sette 154.jpg
    Jo-sette 154.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Jo-sette 155.jpg
    Jo-sette 155.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Jo-sette 156.jpg
    Jo-sette 156.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Jo-sette 159.jpg
    Jo-sette 159.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Jo-sette 165.jpg
    Jo-sette 165.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
^ Cute! The set turned out really nice. Yay for heatless styles :)

I got a fresh relaxer yesterday so I got a chance to see my "true" length. I am getting close to BSL!! Only about 1.5 inches to go. Last month I retained 1 inch so hopefully i can do it again this month. That would put me and BSL by the end of summer for sure :pray:

And sidebar - when I make BSL, even if it's 1 strand, I will claim it! believe that!! :lachen:

thanks ladies. i am so mad (yet laughing) that I straightened my hair and washed it out less thann 48 hours later. what can i say? this DC humidity and my straight hair were like, "WTF" so back to my beloved curly ponytails.

and, like 2 years later, i have FINALLY found my staple products: Tresemme Naturals Conditioner, Pure Aloe Vera Gel, and EVOO! Curly, bouncy, less frizz, and a soft hold. And all cone-free! woot!

and I also no longer cowash. i moreso rinse my hair thoroughly. when I apply my tresemme, i don't wash it out AT ALL! I clip my hair up in its 4 sections, place a cap on and finish my shower. i get out with the cap still on, lotion and get dressed, and then proceed to add the gel and oil to my hair. then i style from there =)

^ Cute! The set turned out really nice. Yay for heatless styles :)

I got a fresh relaxer yesterday so I got a chance to see my "true" length. I am getting close to BSL!! Only about 1.5 inches to go. Last month I retained 1 inch so hopefully i can do it again this month. That would put me and BSL by the end of summer for sure :pray:

And sidebar - when I make BSL, even if it's 1 strand, I will claim it! believe that!! :lachen:
:lachen::lachen:I hear ya, girl. :lachen::lachen:

Ladies I took some pics of my hair today with the Set I did on the pillow soft curlers :)

I am 20 weeks post so Excuse the frizz LOL!

MY son just told me I am woofing, Just because his hair is slicked down he thinks he is cute. Literally your Woofing ma!

Very Cute!!

I just text my stylist I need my hair done. I am not going to hold out any longer with my relaxer. It's going to be 21 weeks next week. I am going to go on the next saturday I have nada to do.

Thanks ladies for the compliments on my set, I am new to it so I hope it gets better with time :)

Finished wk 10 of my braids under wig going for week 11 then I'll redo the braids! I forgot how many inches I'm away from bsl but I'm hoping that posting more in this thread will magically give me more length:grin: (I'm between apl and bsl right now).

Congrats to all the lucky ladies who made BSL already! :)

I plan to keep my hair twisted for most of the summer...I am going to do a length check in July (when I straighten my hair) and hopefully I will be passed full APL by then, so I can be on track for my goal of full BSL come december :)

Congrats to all who are already BSL.... I am hoping the Summer Growth Spurt gives me a boost to reach my goal by December. Looking forward to swang my BSL hair

Got a relaxer touch up 2 weeks ago that did NOT take at all so will be getting a corrective in about a month but I did get to do a length check and take pics. I'm about inch away from BSL. So hopefully by my corrective I'll be grazing BSL. Ill try and post pics sometime this week.

Hello ladies,

Just checking in. I am about 16 weeks post and am not sure when I will relax (hoping to get more growth I guess) :ohwell: I think that when I do, I will make BSB although BSL would be better :grin:. Wishful thinking I guess...

You Ladies have been having some AWESOME progress, I've been bad about checking in but I'm going to get back on top of my game now.

And a big CONGRATS to all of the ladies that have made it to BSL, I'm hoping to still be on target for December. I'm scheduled for a touch up this coming weekend I'll post an updated length check than.

Last edited:
Well ladies, I never officially joined this challenge but making it to BSL has been my main goal since I joined this board. I started out chin length and have been on and off my reggie since:look: I think 2010 will be my year to finally make my goal as it looks as though I'm just about grazing bsl:grin:

I hope to make my goal of full BSL by December:yep:

Last edited:
Small check-in....

...after the setback (of which I will NOT speak again), I'm shooting for BSL in December, or optimistically October. It was way too hot for that straight hair business, so I got a Dominican blowout and promptly washed it out 6 days later. Getting my sew-in tomorrow evening, and hoping I can keep it until September, not to mention retain all my growth.

I am going to be sporting a Pony Tail for the summer, I can't do the lace front So I must back my baby back up and put her in a bag so that I can rock her for the fall :D

I will have my hair braided again and rock the lace front a month or two before my fall relaxer :)

But for my summer style it will be the same pony I just order after over 2 years of searching for it I found it :) I will rock this style all summer swapping up my earrings to give it a change, I love the look, I will also switch ponys occassionly. I ordered 2 of my favorite and one of a different look . :)

I'm in the process of taking down and redoing 10wk old braided hair. The good news is I retained an inch of growth. I'm 2 inches past apl. I seem to get faster progress when my hair is braided up for more than 6ks straight (under my wig). So, I'm considering doing another 10wk stretch. Right now this seems to be my ticket to reaching bsl. Also, I'm thinking about doing aphogee 2step to help strengthen my ends.

Update:

Ok so I self relaxed porb one month ago, dusted the ends. Im prob like 1 -2 inches away from being BSL/BSB. The last length check is my siggy pic. Overall I would say Im happy with my progress. Hopefully by Sept I'll be there, or even sooner.

I'm wondering if I need to stop wearing low bras. The ones I wear are more MBL length and when I look in the mirror, I start to feel as though I'll never get there. What do you think, ladies? Could it be a bra thing?

I'm wondering if I need to stop wearing low bras. The ones I wear are more MBL length and when I look in the mirror, I start to feel as though I'll never get there. What do you think, ladies? Could it be a bra thing?

I'm just popping my head in, but YES it is sooooooo a bra thing. I wear my bra midway down my back (when i measure from the nape of my neck to my hip, my bra falls 2in from the halfway mark). I just reached full bsl (unofficial length check on 9wk post hair...wont relax till end of july) and it seemed like it took for freakin' ever! I'm in the MBL challenge and everytime i see my hair with a shirt on it looks long, then when i look with just a bra it's like "that's it?!" darn you bsl!! the pic in my siggy is from my previous relaxer in April and in reference to my bra it seems so much shorter than when i wear a shirt. the way you wear your bra is def deceiving. But the bright side is when you finally reach full BSL, then MBL is around the corner!

Last edited:
I'm just popping my head in, but YES it is sooooooo a bra thing. I wear my bra midway down my back (when i measure from the nape of my neck to my hip, my bra falls 2in from the halfway mark). I just reached full bsl (unofficial length check on 9wk post hair...wont relax till end of july) and it seemed like it took for freakin' ever! I'm in the MBL challenge and everytime i see my hair with a shirt on it looks long, then when i look with just a bra it's like "that's it?!" darn you bsl!! the pic in my siggy is from my previous relaxer in April and in reference to my bra it seems so much shorter than when i wear a shirt. the way you wear your bra is def deceiving. But the bright side is when you finally reach full BSL, then MBL is around the corner!

Thanks so much. BSL and MBL really isn't that much apart from each other on me (I'm barely 5'2). So, it's killing me, lol.

I'm switching bras too. My new one sits an inch below my shoulder blades. I'm making no headway with my MBLish bra.

So here is my update, unfortunately a set back, as I stated a few weeks ago, I had an allergic reaction to the glue used to apply my lace frontal, so I stayed up to cut the weave out, I cut my hair in three places but I still didnt take the braids down I kept them in for about 4 weeks, I took them done today, to find that I have lost a lot of hair, maybe the average person wont know BUT I DO!! I also have about a 3 inch bald spot near the edge of my hair, centered....so I will see how she will cover my hair. I didnt take a picture but I guess I will take one tomorrow...I feel so embarassed, and silly...but hey we live and we learn, Im hiding my hair until October 23rd, 2010...so praying for growth and retention.....

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear of your setback. Please don't feel silly or embarrassed. We're here to support you as you bounce back from this. Here's hoping the summer erases any loss and that it's not as bad as it feels.
:bighug:

Id like to join. I hope its not too late. I have to get my laptop up and running so i can post my starting pics. as soon as i get that done i will. im excited! Ive gone completly natural since MAY 8th 2010..and im about APL so i think i can make it by dec...right? yea...im pretty sure i can ha-ha-ha-ha!

So here is my update, unfortunately a set back, as I stated a few weeks ago, I had an allergic reaction to the glue used to apply my lace frontal, so I stayed up to cut the weave out, I cut my hair in three places but I still didnt take the braids down I kept them in for about 4 weeks, I took them done today, to find that I have lost a lot of hair, maybe the average person wont know BUT I DO!! I also have about a 3 inch bald spot near the edge of my hair, centered....so I will see how she will cover my hair. I didnt take a picture but I guess I will take one tomorrow...I feel so embarassed, and silly...but hey we live and we learn, Im hiding my hair until October 23rd, 2010...so praying for growth and retention.....

Sorry to hear of your setback lawyer2be371. :bighug:

Id like to join. I hope its not too late. I have to get my laptop up and running so i can post my starting pics. as soon as i get that done i will. im excited! Ive gone completly natural since MAY 8th 2010..and im about APL so i think i can make it by dec...right? yea...im pretty sure i can ha-ha-ha-ha!

:welcome: to the BSB/BSL Challenge of 2010 :)

Back