BSL 2010 Challenge

Although I joined this challenge in January, I feel like I'm more legit since I've now achieved APL.:grin:

Here is my current length. BSL would be past the number 7 on me.....I'm a very slow grower, but I think without any set backs I could get here by
Dec 2010 or early 2011:ohwell:.......

Beautiful hair, You'll make it this year.:yep:

i am probably about an inch or so away. end of june hopefully i will be touching it

You're really close. I love the pics. of your natural hair.

I made BSB about a month ago, and now seems like I'm grazing BSL. I noticed last week when I did a rollerset/saran wrap before getting my crochets. My roots didn't get fully straight because I'm 10.5 months post. It's probably a little longer if I flat ironed, but haven't used direct heat since my last relaxer in June. I don't really want to claim it until I get atleast another 1/2 inch or so. Let me know what you ladies think.

Cosigning with beans4reezy, you are grazing, so you should def. be there when you relax.:yep: Congratulations!!!

I haven't been checking in :( but I straightened my hair a few days ago, and I'm about 2.5 inches away from being past my bra strap. I've got about 3/4ths of an inch on my bra strap now when stretched. Hopefully I'll make it but the end of the year. I've been washing with hair one and leaving in a little of it was aussi moist, and bunning... untill I flat ironed it the other day, now oiling and bunning. Oh, and I've been juicing!!! My hair is so happy right now...

And I henna-ed my green/blue ends so now they a brown, and not splitting as much :D

Last edited:
Just got my May relaxer (my 2 of 3 this year). My stylist lightly trimmed it. It looks pretty good. It's bsb. I'm hoping I can be bsl by the end of December. My next relaxer is in September.

I'll post a pic soon!

Checking in:
I really think the back of my hair is finally making progress. I think if I keep it simple I'll reach my goal of BSL by the end of the year. I will take progress shots in July.

I have a length update in my fotki. the nape of my hair is edging on bsb But I doubt the rest of my hair has even made full apl, I have a long way to go.

Beautiful hair, You'll make it this year.:yep:

You're really close. I love the pics. of your natural hair.

Cosigning with beans4reezy, you are grazing, so you should def. be there when you relax.:yep: Congratulations!!!

Thanks Flowinlocks for keeping the ladies inspired and the princess thanks ladies, I am peaking in a few times a week.

Ladies as I said before we have a more than half a year left, lets get our retention game on and maintain the rest of those inches we have left :)

Ladies that have fotkis in their siggys I have been looking and I like what I C!!!!! ^^^^^^

Checking in:
I really think the back of my hair is finally making progress. I think if I keep it simple I'll reach my goal of BSL by the end of the year. I will take progress shots in July.

Is that your hair in the avatar, very beautiful and so full of volume. Yes if you keep it simple you will make it. Just forget about it.

I haven't been checking in :( but I straightened my hair a few days ago, and I'm about 2.5 inches away from being past my bra strap. I've got about 3/4ths of an inch on my bra strap now when stretched. Hopefully I'll make it but the end of the year. I've been washing with hair one and leaving in a little of it was aussi moist, and bunning... untill I flat ironed it the other day, now oiling and bunning. Oh, and I've been juicing!!! My hair is so happy right now...

And I henna-ed my green/blue ends so now they a brown, and not splitting as much :D

It sounds like, you are there and your regiment is very effective. Keep it up. Also method to use, to stop the ends from splitting/breaking is a blessing. Way to Go!

Although I joined this challenge in January, I feel like I'm more legit since I've now achieved APL.:grin:

Here is my current length. BSL would be past the number 7 on me.....I'm a very slow grower, but I think without any set backs I could get here by
Dec 2010 or early 2011:ohwell:.......

You will most definately be BSL at the end of the year.

Sometimes I think im a slow grower as well. Cause it take me to the end of the year, for all my goals to be met-SL, APL and BSL. But its no race you will get there.

Checking in..

I relaxed my hair yesterday after an 18 week stretch with Silk Elements Mild I haven't taken any pictures yet but as soon as I update my fotki I will post again. My sister took 1 picture today and I'm grazing APL. I kinda think BSL this year is a stretch but I'm still shooting for it. I'm 5'9" with a long neck though :ohwell:

Congrats to all who have made BSL since my last checkin! I 'm pushing my low mani regi to the limits keeping twists in for 10-15 days then wearing a twist out for 3-4 before washing & combing i'm at the end of a cycle & will be washing on Friday. Still wishing & hoping for BSL by Xmas.
I've been DCing with lots of good stuff & my shedding is lessening. Like everyone else i've added Roux PC to my regi & it has made ALL the difference. I use it weekly. It has made my hair more receptive to the highend (to me LOL!) DC's that my hair seems to be loving right now like Alter Ego, & Kuz.

ok ladies I just had my hubby measure my hair and I have like 6.25 inches before I get to APL so not sure if I will make it but I am going to keep trying.

Hi Ladies!

I haven't checked in for a good month. I'm still hanging in there. I haven't straightened my hair out in months. I think I'm going to straighten it this weekend though. The kidlet and I are heading to Disney next week. It might be a little easier to handle straight.

I'll sneak a peak at my length check and see where I am.:sekret:

Checking in... I measured my leave out hair (near my bangs) and it's 12.5 inches long but my hair grows at different rates depending on the area. I need my nape to be 15 inches long for BSL. I'll do a proper length check in late June when I take my weave out.

Time to step up my water intake and pop my multi V and biotin.

ETA: Congrats to those knocking out BSL!

Last edited:
hello.

I'm going for a healthy bsl by december. I'm not to faraway,but it's a pain to get to since my hair likes splitting all the time.

my regimen is

dc 2x a week with humecto and jojoba
clarify once or twice a month
moisturize twice a day with jc nourish and shine, jojoba, and seal with castor oil.
protein treatments with mendex once a week

all treatments done with heat.

airdry in braids and wear up.

Checking in -- I'm rocking senegalese twists right now, hoping to be able to keep them in until my two-year in June. I'm not doing ANYTHING to maintain them, except maybe spraying them once a week with some braid spray. I really hope I'm one of these ladies claiming BSL in a few weeks!

so it sucks because i wanted to hide my hair under a satin scarf and hat for a while, but my job won't allow me to wear hats. le-sigh. so i guess bunning and ponytails shall continue. i will hide it on weekends i guess maybe...?

Hi y'all!!!

So today I took the plunge... I bought Hairfinity vitamins!!! I'll be trying them out for 2 months. Since I'm not taking any vitamins, I'll really be able to evaluate weather it works or not. I also think that 2 pills a day is quite resonable since I didn't want to become a pill popper lol (have u seen how many pills you have to swollow with hair formula 37???? That thing is ridiculous...). I'll post again when I get my vits to place a starting date.

BH yes that inch takes forever. I have 3 more inches to get to MBL and I bet you it won't come until DECEMBER.

I know how you feel I feel like hiding my hair but it is Soooo hot some of these days. :)

BH yes that inch takes forever. I have 3 more inches to get to MBL and I bet you it won't come until DECEMBER.

I know how you feel I feel like hiding my hair but it is Soooo hot some of these days. :)

Hopefully that warm weather will jumpstart our summer spurts. :pray:

Back