BSL 2010 Challenge

Yep, I agree! You are looking more like MBL to me, go girl!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Thanks so much Bryantgurls, While I wish I was MBL I have a few more inches to go about 2 to make MBL.

I am going to get a trim in 3 weeks as well as a relaxer. So Today I am braiding this mug up and waiting for the week of my relaxer at least 4 days before to do my protein and pre-relaxer treatments.

I want to thank all you ladies though, we keep each other motivated. I will post pics again in December. I will be due for another cut in October!

Yeah umm at this point I wont make it if I continue to trim like I have been doing :ohwell:. I got yet another trim 2 weeks ago :nono: Its so addicting. Between now and October 2010 I should accumulate 3 inches and hopefully I will not trim in between that time :look:

Okay so Im making some progress from the end of march when the last pics where taken. I havent even thought abut touching the scissors:look:. One more inch and I THINK this will be the longest my hair has ever gotten :yay: I still dont consider myself BSL I feel like I need at least 1.5 inches

Attachments

• May 21, 2010.jpg
    May 21, 2010.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 40
  • March28.jpg
    March28.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
LOL, :lachen::lachen:

NJ your looking good, I can't get 2 inches a month. I am struggling for 1. LOL! I have 3 inches past BSL to reach MBL, and I know those are going to be slower than snail mail to get there.

Awww, Ladies your going to be saying I reached BSL/BSB in a few months, some of you pretending your not there already BHC eh hem no names.

I am posting pics most likely June 24, to make it 6 months from my last pic. I didn't get any impressive growth, but nothing was lost so I guess I shouldn't complain. :perplexed

WOW, your hair looks good in your siggy pic. You will be MBL in no time. :blush:

Okay so Im making some progress from the end of march when the last pics where taken. I havent even thought abut touching the scissors:look:. One more inch and I THINK this will be the longest my hair has ever gotten :yay: I still dont consider myself BSL I feel like I need at least 1.5 inches

You are most definately BSL. Congrats. It very silky looking too. Keep it up.

Your hair looks fabulous. Congrats!

WOW, your hair looks good in your siggy pic. You will be MBL in no time. :blush:

:thankyou:

I got my hair braided in a circle yesterday so my wigs would lay flat. I am going to cut out the combs in the half with and just pin it instead those combs are killing me.

I want to leave my hair like this for as long as I can take it (shooting for 3 weeks )
I used my soft curlers to roller set the bang I left out.

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to check in with ya...So, I think that I will make BSL by December if I keep on the path that I'm on now...My ends look scraggly, but I'm resisting the urge to cut. I will probably do a small trim in July when I do my next length check (and get my color :grin:). Attached are pics from March when I joined the challenge and today. Thanks for the encouragement (even though you didn't even realize it).

Your hair is ubberly thick, your hair is growing good too. You will be there in no time.

I love it when the boards are popping because we're cheering someone. It's so much fun, so exciting and really encouraging for all. Yay!!! Who's next?!!:yep:

NJOY, your hair is looking good. Are you BSL yet, cause you look very close to it. Congrats anyway. Your hair is very full.

WOW, everyone in here hair is growing like weeds. Im so happy for you all. The summer does bring good growth.

Well I got my relaxer Wednesday, I was 10 weeks post. I usually can go 12 but the training program im on, my hair was out of control. My hair has thicken up alot. Don't know whats that about. Also it is longer, my layers finally caught up, I got another small cut as well. Im still aiming for BSL. I will probally take pics my next relaxer, with this heat, it will be very soon.

Yall I been so tired from school, training and work, I didn't even do my egg protein treatment prior to my relaxer, however after my beatician was done, my hair was so strong. I realize she used the mizani moisturefusion for a midstep. Now I realize why I have extra shedding/breakage after my relaxers, its was to much protein.

For my hair that mizani moisturfusion is like a heavy protein. So I will followup after my relaxer and do a protein treatment when needed.

Even now, my hair is still strong but healthy.

Im so in this challenge! My goal is to be at BSL by December 2010 when I straighten. Here is my plan thus far:
I am going to get a sew in with the perimeter braided and wear that from July-September.
I will wear wigs and ponytails September - October.
From October - December I will wear a full sew in.
My plan is to go to the salon for a professional straightening on December 10.

I have not had a weave since April. This is the longest I have been weave free in more than 3 years! Im going to make it until July unless I get cornrows next month!

I will be back with updates.

Im so in this challenge! My goal is to be at BSL by December 2010 when I straighten. Here is my plan thus far:
I am going to get a sew in with the perimeter braided and wear that from July-September.
I will wear wigs and ponytails September - October.
From October - December I will wear a full sew in.
My plan is to go to the salon for a professional straightening on December 10.

I have not had a weave since April. This is the longest I have been weave free in more than 3 years! Im going to make it until July unless I get cornrows next month!

I will be back with updates.
:welcome3: BeautyAddict to the BSL/BSB Challenge of 2010

You seemed to have your plans all mapped out. Good luck with reaching your goals. :)

I am contemplating myself on keeping my hair braided and wearing my lace fronts all summer long, and skipping this relaxer in June and getting it back on schedule in October. I haven't made a real decision but I am leaning in this direction :)

NJOY, your hair is looking good. Are you BSL yet, cause you look very close to it. Congrats anyway. Your hair is very full.

Thanks girl. My hair is bsl when stretched. Trying to get to stretched mbl which might make it a fuller unstretched bsl. In any case, this is longer and healthier than my hair has ever been. I'm hoping for wl by the end of this year. :pray:

Sounds like your hair is growing leaps and bounds too. And with the thickening and the layers catching up, girl, you're doing the dang thang.

^^^I did my first wash tonite, after getting my relaxer on wednesday, im happy and sad at the same time. My hair has grown greatly and very full now, however the trims kilt my progress big time. I should be closer to BSL than what I am now. I have blunt ends now. However, even when wet, my hair is full and even and nice if I say so myself.

JJAMIAH got on my before about staying awaying from the sissors, but I didn't listen. Nope.

Im not complaining *sighs*

Well I will be on a hiatus for the next 6 months of no cutting or trimming.

Tonight I washed my hair with CVS brand shampoo, mimic of Aveda Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry to damaged hair. This shampoo is great. It did not at all strip my hair. Even while massage into my scalp, it was very soothing and moisturizing. While rinsing, I thought the moisture was going to leave and my hair be left feeling like straw, nope, still soft, as if I used a conditioner. My hair did not feel coated either. Unlike Elasta QP.

All of these shampoos and conditioners copying Aveda, makes me want to try it and see if it can be better than the competitor, if so, im really missing out.

I'm so nervous because I know I'm due for a trim when I straighten in June. Praying that I can be 1" PAST BSL so I am still brushing it after my stylist evens me up!

You guys, I have a confession: I am severely hair anorexic, even though this is the longest my hair has ever been in my life. I was that one with SL hair whom everyone tried to convince it was "long" because I had "good hair". I know the fact that I have thin strands contributes to this feeling, but my family and friends still look at me like I'm crazy. I am hoping that my hair will really feel long once I hit BSL, but knowing myself, I feel like the same thing is gonna happen that happened when I hit full APL: I'm gonna look at my pics and my eyes are gonna glaze over, then I will think "ehh, you need 3 more inches.". HALP! What do I doooo?!

I'm so nervous because I know I'm due for a trim when I straighten in June. Praying that I can be 1" PAST BSL so I am still brushing it after my stylist evens me up!

You guys, I have a confession: I am severely hair anorexic, even though this is the longest my hair has ever been in my life. I was that one with SL hair whom everyone tried to convince it was "long" because I had "good hair". I know the fact that I have thin strands contributes to this feeling, but my family and friends still look at me like I'm crazy. I am hoping that my hair will really feel long once I hit BSL, but knowing myself, I feel like the same thing is gonna happen that happened when I hit full APL: I'm gonna look at my pics and my eyes are gonna glaze over, then I will think "ehh, you need 3 more inches.". HALP! What do I doooo?!

Well I don't know about you, but APL is long to me, so to me you already have long hair.

I suggest you take a pic and you will truely see your length. If not, get some glasses, just joking.

1 inch past BSL is long. We can trade if you want.

I joined the APL challenge in November of last year but I just wanted to peak in here :sekret: since I've been retaining more length than I thought I would.

JJ~ You were holding out on us! Your hair is absolutely dreeeeamy! So full and wonderfulishous - okay i made that up...but it looks :lick:.

I am updating - i finally took some pics, so you guys could see my progress.

Still drinking the waistlength hair cocktail (it has really helped thicken my hair and made my transition sooo smooth) and taking l-cysteine and a multi-vitamin...i've streamlined my internal reggie :spinning:.

Congrats to everyone on their success! Grow Girlz!!!

and uh, ignore all the extra flesh..., i'm working on that, too, lol!

Last edited:
JJ~ You were holding out on us! Your hair is absolutely dreeeeamy! So full and wonderfulishous - okay i made that up...but it looks :lick:.

I am updating - i finally took some pics, so you guys could see my progress. JJ, uh, you make me feel hairnorexic, lol! Now, I think I need another 2 inches to bsl, darnitt...but anyhoo, check out the pics.

Still drinking the waistlength hair cocktail (it has really helped thicken my hair and made my transition sooo smooth) and taking l-cysteine and a multi-vitamin...i've streamlined my internal reggie :spinning:.

You have alot of hair. CONGRATS on BSL. Your drinks are working in your favor.

Thank you, The Princess, you have great hair, too.
But imma need you to do me a favor and put the scissors in a hard-to-reach place and...
leave 'em there! LOL!

I have it too, really when I see my hair I am like Meh :rolleyes:.
Everyone else is telling me it's growing but I am like Okay maybe their trying to be nice as I know my LHCF sisters are. :D

I guess when It reaches my goal I will say it is growing :)

I am updating - i finally took some pics, so you guys could see my progress. JJ, uh, you make me feel hairnorexic, lol! Now, I think I need another 2 inches to bsl, darnitt...but anyhoo, check out the pics.

Congrats to everyone on their success! Grow Girlz!!!

and uh, ignore all the extra flesh..., i'm working on that, too, lol!

Thanks so much :) LOL I still have hairnorexic. My hair is thin will never be thick and I wish it was or could be. I lost a lot of hair 3 baseball sized hair balls in November. I was scared. I don't mind a crew cut, i don't want a shiny baldie.

It thickened (my version) back up some. Instead of 4 strands now have 8 LOL! :lachen: It is full, full of ish cause it is faking the funk. LOL!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll your hair is progressing I am coming over for some shakes. I have a smoothie myself a few times a week with protein in it. but only once for the day, I will pick up serious weight if I do it everyday. :nono:

Last edited:
I want to thank my fellow BSL 2010 challengers because I was really contemplating before my renewal not to renew. But because of you guys I did renew I know this wasn't known by many but I wanted to say thanks for keeping me in it to win it :)

Not in this challenge...but you ladies are awesome sources of inspiration!!

I'm so close, yet so far away!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG01250-20100508-1846.jpg
    IMG01250-20100508-1846.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 35
JJ, you better come on back and reach waistlength with us!! Not renew? *scoffs*

LOL No you know how this forum was heading in the later months of last year. I renewed in January and really if it wasn't for this Challenge and you ladies I wouldn't have renewed, and I am so happy I did. Yes we started this challenge and we are ending BSB/BSL and beyond. :)

Last edited:
Not in this challenge...but you ladies are awesome sources of inspiration!!

I'm so close, yet so far away!!!!!

Thanks, from the looks of it you won't be in this challenge you already look like your BSB to me :) :yep: You grow With your bad self :)

Back