BSL 2010 Challenge

Well I have one piece of nape hair that if I streeeetch almost reaches the top of bra strap. My hair grows in a mullet shape. I think my growth overall has been slow this winter but hopefully it will pick up in the spring.

Last edited:
I think I've made APL! So now I'm on the grow for BSL! I hope to get there by August.:rolleyes:

Congratulations on reaching APL :)

From reading alot of us have not had a wonderful winter Jan-March. I too got a little discouraged. But I am not giving in and neither should any of the rest of you ladies. Spring, Summer and fall are going to give us some good growth! I felt it before and I still feel it. :)

We are going to be BSB this year!:yep:

Checking in, after being MIA since I joined (I think)... I'm not sure I will make BSL by April as I had hoped, but there's still time. I'm transitioning and bunning daily, but I will try to do a length check in the next week or so.

Checking in: I'm rocking spring twist crochet braids to hold me over until my touch up in a couple of weeks. I believe I will be BSB then. It will be my 1 yr anniversary too so I will post a lot of pics.

Suffering from a bad case of hair anorexia tonight. As I'm reading through the posts on this board (and in this thread) and seeing hair that's around my length, it looks so long and healthy on everyone else. You ladies are doing some mighty fine hair growing! :yep: But I keep feeling like my hair is back at SL. I know it's not but, it seems that way.

I've been wearing my hair up every day since the beginning of this year so, I really don't get to see it except coming out of the shower. Then right back into a bun it goes. Right now, I'm on vacation and because of the hard water here, I'm not cowashing daily so, I don't even get to see it coming out of the shower. It feels like everyone's hair is growing and mine is shrinking...shrinking...shrinking!!! *sigh*

Ugh, I want to fast forward to MBL so that I can relax. Why oh why can't I go to sleep and wake up MBL? :prettyplease: :pray:

Suffering from a bad case of hair anorexia tonight. As I'm reading through the posts on this board (and in this thread) and seeing hair that's around my length, it looks so long and healthy on everyone else. You ladies are doing some mighty fine hair growing! :yep: But I keep feeling like my hair is back at SL. I know it's not but, it seems that way.

I've been wearing my hair up every day since the beginning of this year so, I really don't get to see it except coming out of the shower. Then right back into a bun it goes. Right now, I'm on vacation and because of the hard water here, I'm not cowashing daily so, I don't even get to see it coming out of the shower. It feels like everyone's hair is growing and mine is shrinking...shrinking...shrinking!!! *sigh*

Ugh, I want to fast forward to MBL so that I can relax. Why oh why can't I go to sleep and wake up MBL? :prettyplease: :pray:
Girl, that is like my dream too, and with no layers.

My problem is the layers in my hair make me feel like it is much shorter than what it is. I am in the same boat. I feel like I am only SL. Hair anorexia is a trip.

I think I've made APL! So now I'm on the grow for BSL! I hope to get there by August.:rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!

You and me both.:yep:

Hi ladies, I don't know what I've been doing the past 4 months, but I'm officially/unofficially joining you ladies....I think I could possibly make BSL by Dec 2010.

Regimen: Co-wash 3-5 times a week, DC 2-3 times a week, Tea rinse 2 times a week. Airdry, bun, or twist/braid/bantu knot out.

Products your using: Aussie Moist, V05 Moisture Milks, Silken Child Leave-In, Whipped ends/LTR, JBCO, Coconut oil, Ayurvedic Powders/oils

Starting Hair Length: APL

Goal Month: December

Pics for starting goal-
Pic is from last length check Dec 2009

Girl, that is like my dream too, and with no layers.

My problem is the layers in my hair make me feel like it is much shorter than what it is. I am in the same boat. I feel like I am only SL. Hair anorexia is a trip.

Same here! These layers are driving me nuts. SL?? or APL??? It depends on which layer you're looking at!:blush:

Can't wait to get to BSL.... *sigh*:perplexed

Hi Ladies! I think I've finally done it!!! :drunk: I'm claiming BSL! The point of the V is on my bra strap; therefore, I'm claiming it. I'm in need of a serious trim, so I'll probably be trying to get back to BSL, but whatever...I'm just going to celebrate my milestone for now.

Attachments

• 4.2.10.jpg
    4.2.10.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.2.10 LC.jpg
    4.2.10 LC.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 36
Hi Ladies! I think I've finally done it!!! :drunk: I'm claiming BSL! The point of the V is on my bra strap; therefore, I'm claiming it. I'm in need of a serious trim, so I'll probably be trying to get back to BSL, but whatever...I'm just going to celebrate my milestone for now.

:weird: Congratulations YEAH! :) you GROW GIRL!!!!!! That is awesome.

:bouncegre:clap::reddancer:Congratulations!!! Your hair is lovely btw.:yep: Next stop MBL.:yep:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your hair looks so good! On to MBL, girlie! :yep:

:congrats:
Congratulations to you!!!

Congratulations!!!! Your hair is beautiful. You did it!

This week was my rest week. I decided to color my hair after looking at it and seeing hi-lites YUCK!

I used Revlon Color Silk #10.

I colored and left on for 20 minutes. I washed once with Motions Neutralizing shampoo, 2 times with Ion Clarifying shampoo. I then gave myself my monthly Protein Nexxus Emergencee. Rinsed and then I shampooed with Hair One Olive Oil left it on and added a smudge of Ion Extreme Moisture and PC mix, got under the steamer for 30 minutes. I let the towel sit for about 5 minutes, under the hooded dryer for 5 minutes and then blow dried for 2 minutes. My scalp felt unbelievable, and so does my hair. The color is great and I am happy I am no longer looking old!

Okay, I took this today.

(Never mind, I tried to post my pic; but I can't!!!) It's in my signature, though.

I hope it shows BSB. That's where I believe I am. I think I should make bsl by September (probably a big cushion of time; but, I don't want to fool myself).

I would love to get in on this challenge! :yep:

Regimen: Moisturize daily, MN every other day on scalp, Deep condition once a week, Protein once a month.

Products your using: Paul Mitchell shampoo, Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner, Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner

Starting Hair Length:APL

Goal Month: July/August 2010

Pics for starting goal- Pic in siggy

I would love to get in on this challenge! :yep:

Regimen: Moisturize daily, MN every other day on scalp, Deep condition once a week, Protein once a month.

Products your using: Paul Mitchell shampoo, Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner, Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner

Starting Hair Length:APL

Goal Month: July/August 2010

Pics for starting goal- Pic in siggy

:welcome4: Bryantgurls,

What do you use for your monthly Protein :)

I use Nexxus Emergencee at the moment I have about 5 bottles of it so that will wind up being a long moment :lachen::lachen:

Back