BSL 2010 Challenge

I had a hectic day so even though i straighten my hair last night, it was wrapped up all day, and then i immediately had to get ready for an event and leave. but apparently when one of my friends had my camera, she took this pic...
scv0w7.jpg

I am finally BSB but still about an inch from MY BSL because I wear my bra a bit low. I hope to be there by June! Then I can work on Full BSB as I try to grow out these layers

Thanks for the congrats. It feels good see my hard work paying off. The jungle ain't nothing compared to the Rain Forrest that I had on my head :lachen::lachen:, for real. Its a good thing I work from home. I would have had all kinds of folks giving me the side eye. :rolleyes::lachen: and shaking their head. No more stretching past 13 weeks. Shoot my arms was tired, I started sweating, :lachen::lachen: My NG was not playing :hardslap:

I'm sure gonna do that baggied bun. That might be my summer style. That is cute. I think I will go to the fabric store and all kinds of pretty swatches to cover my bun. I have flowers already. Now I just need some more hair toys. Its hot already in Texas and I know I'm not going to be feeling messing with my hair on the daily. As soon as you walk out side you start sweating.:lachen:I can see now I will be running all of my errands after 8 pm when the sun goes down, smh.

That's exactly what I did. Bought pretty fabrics to wrap my bun and buying hair toys to add interest. Flowers are next. :yep:

I had a hectic day so even though i straighten my hair last night, it was wrapped up all day, and then i immediately had to get ready for an event and leave. but apparently when one of my friends had my camera, she took this pic...
scv0w7.jpg

I am finally BSB but still about an inch from MY BSL because I wear my bra a bit low. I hope to be there by June! Then I can work on Full BSB as I try to grow out these layers

Congrats on BSB. Your hair looks so healthy and your pony is great.

Hey guys! I have officially made bsl/bsb!
I'll post pics as soon as I can. I still have a few scraggly ends, but it's a relief getting there. Thanks for the support and JJamiah, thank for 2010 thread!

Hey guys! I have officially made bsl/bsb!
I'll post pics as soon as I can. I still have a few scraggly ends, but it's a relief getting there. Thanks for the support and JJamiah, thank for 2010 thread!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll congratulations on making BSB/BSL that is amazing. I know your excited, make sure if you haven't already join the MBL challenge to take this growth to the next level. THANK you for joining :)
:yay::weird::congrats:

Last night, I put in henna. I think it had to be the worst type ever, because it was really gritty. Anyway, I also trimmed my ends. I am putting twist in right now. I will definately baby my ends from now on.

Last night, I put in henna. I think it had to be the worst type ever, because it was really gritty. Anyway, I also trimmed my ends. I am putting twist in right now. I will definately baby my ends from now on.

wow...I did my henna last night too. sorry you had a bad experience. which brand did you use? I am strictly and exclusively a NUPUR HENNA gal. Never had a problem with rinsing out...I add conditioner and amla oil and it rinses out very smooth and clean...:yep:

Congrats to everyone who made it so far!!!...I finally got detangling under control (I think/hope) and now I can foucs on retaining length...I know I will have to get a trim that will set me back big time because I was pretty rough detangling for a while and my ends are a mess...not split, just uneven from detangling breakage...I don't plan to get a cut/trim until well after I reach my goal because I want to still have a nice length when it gets cut...still been cowashing and PSing...I may try henna this week to see if it helps me stretch longer...I'm a little over 11-weeks post now.

:yep: Yeah, how often do you use yours?

I bought about 5 bottles because this is my monthly staple.

I use it once a month, and I am very pleased with it. I use it like the aphogee treatment... in other words I put it in my hair and get under the dryer (no cap) until it hardens and then rinse.

I ran out of the Elasta QP DRP-11 Deep Moisturizing condish so I had to improvise the last two weeks. I should have never let myself run low and by the time I figured out or remembered that I was out, the BSS was closed. I ran up to Walmart and purchased: Loreal's Ever Pure Deep Restoration Hair Masque, Pantene Pro V 5-minute Strengthening Mask and Neutrogena's Triple Moist Deep Recover Mask. I mixed all three with evoo and honey. Needless to say, I loved the results. My hair was very, very soft. This week, I was back at Sally's. I purchased my usual Silk Elements Moist treatment (detangling) and ION Extremem Moist Nurturing creme. I added the these two ingredients to the ones last week and I'm sitting under the dryer. So here's my new regimen:

Co-wash: (weekly)
- Mane and Tail Deep Moist (then with,)
- Suave Naturals
DC: (weekly)
- Neutrogena's Triple Moist Deep Recovery Mask/ Loreal's Ever Pure Deep Restoration Hair Masque/Pantene Pro V 5-minute Strengthening Mask/ evoo/honey/Silk Elements Moist treatment (detangling) and ION Extremem Moist Nurturing creme all mixed together.

I will only shampoo every three months when it's time for a length check.

Today's a standard wash day. But, I'm thinking that at the start of July, I may forgo shampooing for a while and just wash with conditioner. Maybe I'll start back up once it cools down in October to see how the summer reacts to conditioner-washed hair. Just a thought.

Congrats on all the ladies who made BSL/BSB!
I'm just checking in...I still have a sew in right now...its been about 8 weeks and I'm 14 weeks post relaxer. I'm trying to stretch my relaxer until sometime in august...atleast until 32 weeks post. Then I will do a length check. I'm hoping to be APL by then. Right now I'm past SL...it might be farfetched but I'm still hoping for BSL by december!

Ladies can u imagine how many of us will be in the MBL/WL/HL challenges by 2011? wow it is not as far as you think we have what 8 more months to GO!!!!!!

No pics but my hair is starting to already grow back from the trim I had last month. I can tell by the amount of seconds it takes me to run my fingers through the length of my hair :lol:

Checking in. Congrats to all of those that made BSL!!

I have been extremely lazy with my hair as I have put my hair in cornrows and wigging it!

I have been washing my hair once every two weeks. But ...

I have been spraying my scalp twice a day with my essential oils mix and taking Phyto Cap 'Energy vitamins for the last two months and I think that I am experiencing a growth spurt. I will find out in 4 weeks when I do a length check.

Hi Ladies! I'm joining you all in the BSB/BSL 2010 Challenge. I started my HHJ in June 09 at SL. Made APL December 09. I need about 1" to 1.5" to make BSL, so I should make it by summer, then on to my next goal of MBL (hopefully by Dec. 2010.) I'm currently 9.5 months into my long term transition without the BC. I'll be checking in here more often. Keep up the good work ladies and HHG! :)

I am contemplating whether I should keep my hair straight for the rest of the month or hide it until later in may when I should hopefully be BSL (1 inch past BSB for me lol). By hide, I mean wearing it in its natural state

Still applying MT to my scalp but now I'm also applying garlic oil to my scalp before my weekly shampoo and I'm co washing at least once a week w HE HH or HH LTR. I added EVCO, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, lavender, and Jasmine oil to my DC tonight so we'll see how well that turns out when I wake up and rinse. Still PSing, I really want to make BSL by my second schduled relaxer which should be sometime around August or September.

I say CONGRATULATIONS!
At 5'9 you are a GREAT inspiration:yep:
I will be STALKING you:sekret:
I'm 5'8 and i just cut my hair to shoulder length. Hope to be BSB before next year:rolleyes:

Well I just took a picture of my APL hair. It's still getting thicker and not longer. I actually cut my hair last week again to get it even. It looks very healthy but I miss my long hair. I made it a point to increase my protein intake and drink my egg shake daily to get my hair longer. I'll do what I can to roller set my hair once a week.

My church member, who is a cosmetology student, got a chance to see all my hair pictures. She was really amazed by my growth and told me that I will have long hair again in no time. That gave me so much hope!

Back