BSL 2010 Challenge

Nothing big to report, Im going to DC twice a week now. My hair is mad at me. I guess I was getting to fast. Once it start getting warm, I was wearing it pinned up, my ends flying in the wind, rollersetting, without DC first. After my relaxer, I didn't even bother to do a good DC as usual with a mild protein. So yeah, Im on lock down, TLC with my hair for the next 3 weeks.

I DC this week already with ORS Replenishing conditioner, it helped alot. But I saw a couple of broken pieces this morning, when I combed my ponytail. So yeah....

My hair this week was awesome. I didn't itch a bit. Matter fact I could have gone 2 weeks with no shampoo had I not attempted to use Caruso Curls that frizzed up my ends. :(

I have since returned those and will never attempt again as that was my 2nd try.

I shampooed this week with the same that I used last week. Hair One Olive Oil x 2 and under the steamer with Ion Extreme Moisture. :) for 20 minutes. then I sat under my self heated cap for 1 hour.

It was great I then dried under the hooded dryer for 10 minutes with 2 minute spotted blow dry.

Hair felt great. I am still getting a little breakage. I am not happy about that, I must review my styling of my hair to see if that may be an issue. My hair is ultra soft and bouncy.

I use the same products after rinsing out my Deep conditioner. Aphogee Keratin Green tea and a leave in such as Aphogee or Redken. Herstyler is my serum and I have not yet put any argan oil in, but I can't speak for later.

I have a little update. I flat ironed my hair last week. A couple inches away!
:lick: <---- that says it all!
Mini update:

I'm slowly, but surely, inching my way to BSL. I'm about 1 inch away from APL and 4.5 to 5 inches away from BSL.
10-09_3-10_comparison.jpg

Congratulations on your goal :) that is awesome.

What does BSB stand for?
Below Shoulder Blades.

Ok, regarding the Split-ender. I used it on my daughter first. She was wearing a weave but I could see that her own hair was riddled with split ends because of old streaks. (smh) It seemed like the split-ender missed some of the split ends but, then again, her hair wasn't clean. She told me later that she had Cantu oil on it. :ohwell: I'm glad she told me because I was a little skeptical at that point.

I used it earlier this evening on my own hair and my ends look heavenly. They looked good pretty good prior to the split-ender but I couldn't see the back of my hair at all. So, I used it just in case. The ends cut were just like advertised. Very tiny pieces. I didn't see any split ends on the "dust" when dumped onto a paper towel. I imagine if I had any, it would've gotten them, just by the amount of clippings it did do.

I think it works as advertised. The main thing that concerned me was whether it would chop my hair up. It didn't. It was easy to use, tho it sounded a little primative. I'm pleased with the condition of my hair and am throwing away the packaging. It's a keeper. I'd rather use it to dust my hair than trust a scissor-happy stylist. :yep:

I am going to steal my sisters, THANKyah for the tip I mean review ;)

Checking in. Next week, I am box braiding my hair for Easter. This weekend, to prepare my hair, I pre poo'd with Vatika Olive Oil, Washed with ORS Aloe Rid, applyed to Aphogee 2 Step and followed up with a silicon mix/ WEN DC mixture.

Co washed Tuesday with HE LTR. Been shedding more than usual lately probablyy due to Mega Tek or maybe even the weather change but anyways I apllied garlic oil to my scalp and let it sit for about an hour before shampooing it out then I DCed (no heat and 4 hours) with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra Conditioning Balm, applied my leave ins and now I am air drying in a braid.

I'm still in this challenge just haven't checked in in awhile. I have my hair in natural box braids, I'm bunning and I'm keeping it moisturized everyday, I don't want any set backs. Can't wait until my length check in june praying I obtained 3inches by then.

i had this incredible idea last night to get a sew-in with BoBraz as my next PS for my HYH challenge instead of senegalese twists...that way, I can cowash to my heart's content without having to worry about overmanipulation of my ends (which always gets me in trouble come summertime). i'm going to the store tomorrow to choose a color, and price the hair. if it is more that $82 i will be getting it from leebeauty.com, a site i found on BHM.

getting ready for wash day tomorrow -- i will prepoo overnight with VCO and EVOO, then tomorrow i will do a bentonite clay mask followed with a yogurt and honey deep treatment. afterwards, i will probably dry in two braids and bun, or just wet bun. trying an all natural regimen....wish me luck!

ETA: i added castor oil as well.

Last edited:
Cowashed my hair today. Normally, I'd dc; but, I was so busy that I didn't feel like it. So, I just co-washed with my Vo5.

I don't know what I'm doing for Easter as far as my hair goes. I'm thinking of roller-setting it; but, I wouldn't mind flat-ironing it. Any advice?

Checking in

I've been taking 3-5g of chlorella like clockwork every morning for the past week. Yesterday I DC'ed with Alter Ego Impac Ego Treatment with Garlic for about 3.5 hours, followed by Avalon Organics Biotin Shampoo and AO HSR. My hair has been shedding less and less, maybe because of the garlic oil pills I take at night. I still apply MT, but have been less consistent, so maybe once a week. I'm going to start being more consistent with it again. The overall health of my hair has improved greatly, and I am excited about that, because we all know what follows health...that's right, LENGTH!

I'm about 2-3 inches away from BSL. I'm looking to make it by June/July!

It's a good thing I can only unofficially join this challange because i'm sceptical lol but i'm too close to apl to join that challange...and i feel like a challenge lol
Along with the jerry curl challange I really want to stay motivated and focused !

Regimen:wash once a week and dc and detangle

Products your using: glycerin/water based moisture daily

Starting Hair Length:closing in on apl (avi)

Goal Month:I have 4.5 inches until the top of my bra strap and 5.5 until the bottom so....31st DEC'10 scraping bsl ftw! lol not a minute before

Last edited:
It's a good thing I can only unofficially join this challange because i'm sceptical lol but i'm too close to apl to join that challange...and i feel like a challenge lol
Along with the jerry curl challange I really want to stay motivated and focused !

Regimen:wash once a week and dc and detangle

Products your using: glycerin/water based moisture daily

Starting Hair Length:closing in on apl (avi)

Goal Month:I have 4.5 inches until the top of my bra strap and 5.5 until the bottom so....30th DEC'10 scraping bsl ftw! lol not a minute before

Welcome Sapphire_CHic, I am glad you could join us, don't think it's totally out of reach. Some of us get the most growth in the Warmer weather. :)
:welcome2:

As a treat to myself I am going to treat myself to Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner in the summer since I am not buying much hair things right now. :D

Ok, I just straightend Fri/Sat. and I'm not sure I'll be claiming BSL this year, but I hope to get really close. I can admit when I joined it was a bit of a stretch but then again who knows!! If not this year then definitely next year. Congrats to the ladies who are well on their way!! I can't wait to see the end results.

so the all-natural thing didn't *exactly* work out, but i'm still happy with my hair. i haven't seen it curly in quite some time, and my curls are resting nicely on my shoulders! :grin: i hadn't really come up with a curly goal, so let's just hope i'll be full SL unstretched when i get to BSL stretched.

*prepooed overnight with coconut/olive/castor oil
*bentonite clay treatment (added warm water to clay till it was a little thicker than pudding; left in for 20 min)
*cowashed with HE hello hydration
*added a bit of VO5 strawberries and creme, then the last of my MJ baby buttercreme and some curly pudding mixed with aloe vera gel

here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG00174-20100328-1505.jpg
    IMG00174-20100328-1505.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG00181-20100328-1614.jpg
    IMG00181-20100328-1614.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG00182-20100328-1615.jpg
    IMG00182-20100328-1615.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 15
I just did a DC with "Bain de Terre Ginger mask" and I have to admit that my hair feels real good:spinning:! I joined the Jheri juice challenge today too. I did put some on my hair today but I was wondering something.... Can I use this on top of my usual moisturisers or does it replace it??

I hope it won't take too long to dry though...:yawn:

Yeah umm at this point I wont make it if I continue to trim like I have been doing :ohwell:. I got yet another trim 2 weeks ago :nono: Its so addicting. Between now and October 2010 I should accumulate 3 inches and hopefully I will not trim in between that time :look:

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 27
I just did a DC with "Bain de Terre Ginger mask" and I have to admit that my hair feels real good:spinning:! I joined the Jheri juice challenge today too. I did put some on my hair today but I was wondering something.... Can I use this on top of my usual moisturisers or does it replace it??

I hope it won't take too long to dry though...:yawn:

I would assume it would take the place of your moisturizer be careful of moisture overload

Yeah umm at this point I wont make it if I continue to trim like I have been doing :ohwell:. I got yet another trim 2 weeks ago :nono: Its so addicting. Between now and October 2010 I should accumulate 3 inches and hopefully I will not trim in between that time :look:

WOW your hair is really pretty!

And hand over the scissors, give them up :poke:

Last edited:

Your hair is beautiful. Step away from the scissors!!!

Just checking in. I am back in individuals. I was pretty much wearing wigs this year, but had to take a break because my hairline was breaking. At this time I will have to give a little tlc to edges and nape. I will probabely unoffically join the grow nape and edges challenge.

I did a length check today. I am reporting back I have 1/2 inch to be BSB, but that means I haven't increased, I did get a 1/2 inch trim in Feb. but haven't gotten any real growth since then. SLOWWWWW, which this is my slow period and I hope to sprout by june. I am struggling for BSB and MBL by the end of the year. I would have to retain all inches until then, I am not counting myself out though. I want MBL/WL back. Then My journey will definitely be only maintenance and the Split ender will be my prize, MY SISTER put hers in the darn CLOTHING BOX! you know the place you dump your clothing behind the bank and the super market. :(

hair222-vi.jpg

I still have a long way to go. This is 4 months of growth from exact shoulder length. It was a brutal winter and I'm ecstatic to see how the summer will treat my hair (better growth). I'm still creeping towards APL but it's not impossible to hit BSL in december.

My shedding has finally slowed! My hair seems to have not suffered as much as I thought. I stretched my bottom layer recently and it's about 3 inches from the top of my bra strap...I've got a high percentage of shrinkage so I really should be BSL when I flat iron in the fall.

DH said why not just wear a higher bra? LOL!

I'm checking in after being mia for about 2 weeks. I did a length check on March 21st and was not impressed with my length results. I did, however, retain and notice considerably thickness. Did feel a little discouraged. Hopefully with the warm months approaching, I'll catch up and get some added growth. Jan - Mar was very slow for me. Didn't give up on my new regimen though. I'm still only co-washing.

Back