BSL 2010 Challenge

Hi Ladies,

I joined the APL Challenge unofficially and it appears that I can claim APL (I should be full by May), so I would like to unofficially join the BSL challenge...I don't know if this is really feasible, but I would love to try. I'm up for the challenge!!!

Attached is my starting pic...

I'm glad you took my advice and decided to join us! You'll be at BSL in no time...just keep on doing what you're doing.:yep:

Just checking in. I'm steady flowing with my regimen. I'm tipping BSB; but, since I don't use direct heat until my next relaxer the first week of May, I'm probably already there. We shall see!

I know it isn't a contest but I feel like everyone's hair is longer than mine. I really do want my hair back :cry3: I did do a delicious treatment today of yogurt, olive oil, and honey to make myself feel better. I love feeding my hair :lick:

I don't think I am going to take another picture of my hair until I relax my hair again. I don't even remember the last time I relaxed. I really got to keep with that :ohwell:

Hi Ladies,

I joined the APL Challenge unofficially and it appears that I can claim APL (I should be full by May), so I would like to unofficially join the BSL challenge...I don't know if this is really feasible, but I would love to try. I'm up for the challenge!!!

Attached is my starting pic...

Welcome to the challenge.

update... as of right now i am past APL ( longest my hair has ever been).. I am shooting for BSL by my 2year post BC...

if i achieve it, i may hit up the MBL in 2010 challenge :look:

I know it isn't a contest but I feel like everyone's hair is longer than mine. I really do want my hair back :cry3: I did do a delicious treatment today of yogurt, olive oil, and honey to make myself feel better. I love feeding my hair :lick:

My scalp started tingling when I read this...it sounds DIVINE! And I totally understand how you feel. You just wait until your next relaxer, Your hair will be:gorgeous:...and it'll be swanging like:rocker:

Mark my words...:grin:

i took this like 20 minutes ago. the black line is APL, the red is where i am, and the blue is where i wanna be. but i am SOOO close to BSL. I am hoping to be there by the end of april/beginning of may
2mr9utt.jpg

i took this like 20 minutes ago. the black line is APL, the red is where i am, and the blue is where i wanna be. but i am SOOO close to BSL. I am hoping to be there by the end of april/beginning of may
2mr9utt.jpg
wow , youre practically BSL. are u natural? i just noticed that most ladies are relaxed or texlaxed , any naturals on this challenge??

I don't think I am going to take another picture of my hair until I relax my hair again. I don't even remember the last time I relaxed. I really got to keep with that :ohwell:

i know what you mean, i feel eveyone is nearly BSL already, i just got past APL, so i'm also one of theshorter heads of hair in here :look:, nevermind, we'll get there :drunk:

^^^natural =) (with one inch of relaxer left in the front lol. i will cut it when the front is full APL)

If I wore my bra correcty I might be there already. I tried to adjust in anyway. But I want that extra inch before I claim it

I am ambitiously hoping for this goal in December. I would have to retain four to five more inches this year. We shall see!!!

I'm natural too!!! Been natural all my life. I never dyed my hair in my whole life, but i mistreated it for several years because of my lack of hair education. I'm back on track though!!!

I just washed my hair friday, the first washed after my relaxer. I notice a little breakage, so Im thinking about washing with Elasta QP relaxed shampoo and follow up with Aphogee 2 min Kertain tomorrow. Maybe im just paranoid, I don't know. My hair is doing really good, im very happy with my growth from my relaxer, don't want to lose it. Yeah I think im just trippin. Better safe than sorry.

I also purchased the Suave Almond and Sheabutter conditioner, its version of Aveda conditoner. I will probally use it next week for a cowash. It smells good.

I also decided I will only stretch 10-12 weeks only. I love my freshly relaxed hair-no need to look like a helmet head if i don't have to. BSL will come, I have 9 months to make it.

Last edited:
I'm natural also. I hope to be BSL by the end of next month. I swear that my hair knows that it's almost there and has decided to go on hiatus. :ohwell:

Wow... so much to respond to. Finally some activity on this post this week, and I love it!!! :grin:

Hi Ladies,

I'm so glad you joined, Janet. :welcome2:

Just checkin in. I'm just ready to claim full BSL...I'm so close I can taste it!:lick: But alas, patience is a virtue (so I hear). Therefore, I'll try to sit tight for another month (or however long it takes).

Good luck, Ms Coco. I can't wait to see progress pics.

Just checking in. I'm steady flowing with my regimen. I'm tipping BSB; but, since I don't use direct heat until my next relaxer the first week of May, I'm probably already there. We shall see!

So exciting, can't wait to see your results in May. It's not too far away, April is already around the corner.

Did you have a setback? What happened? I must have skipped your original post.

update... as of right now i am past APL ( longest my hair has ever been).. I am shooting for BSL by my 2year post BC... if i achieve it, i may hit up the MBL in 2010 challenge :look:

That is exciting to hear, girl. Good for you.

the blue is where i wanna be. but i am SOOO close to BSL. I am hoping to be there by the end of april/beginning of may
2mr9utt.jpg

Amazing progress. You're going to be joining the MBL challenge in a few months.

I decided I will only stretch 10-12 weeks only. I love my freshly relaxed hair-no need to look like a helmet head if i don't have to. BSL will come, I have 9 months to make it.
:lachen::lachen: I totally feel you! :yep:

I'm natural also. I hope to be BSL by the end of next month. I swear that my hair knows that it's almost there and has decided to go on hiatus. :ohwell:

Nice progress Joy. Can't wait to see your pictures next month, when you make BSL!

Ok - I BC'd on July 15th last year and I didn't join this challenge b/c I honestly didn't even know it would be possible to make it in 2010.

I was APL before I cut - after I was probably very layered SL.

Well today I decided to stretch a section in the back and see where I was.....:blush:
I have about 2 1/2 inches before my nape is BSL! :woot::dance7::clap::clap::clap:

My hair hasn't been that long since before I was old enough to be wearing a bra!! :grin:

B/c my hair is cut in layers, the front is APL, and my bangs are chin length, but I love the shape they give my curls, so I don't want blunt hair. I'm now hoping to make BSL by my BC anniversary in July -- if not THEN, I want it for my friend's wedding at the end of September.

I'm so geeked right now!:spinning:

Ok - I BC'd on July 15th last year and I didn't join this challenge b/c I honestly didn't even know it would be possible to make it in 2010.

I was APL before I cut - after I was probably very layered SL.

Well today I decided to stretch a section in the back and see where I was.....:blush:
I have about 2 1/2 inches before my nape is BSL! :woot::dance7::clap::clap::clap:

My hair hasn't been that long since before I was old enough to be wearing a bra!! :grin:

B/c my hair is cut in layers, the front is APL, and my bangs are chin length, but I love the shape they give my curls, so I don't want blunt hair. I'm now hoping to make BSL by my BC anniversary in July -- if not THEN, I want it for my friend's wedding at the end of September.

I'm so geeked right now!:spinning:

Wow! How exciting. Grow, girl!

Checking in - my current length is in my siggy. I get a lot of growth in the summer, so I'm excited about the warmer months coming up.

Sorry about your ends. If I were you, I would go ahead and get the trim. You don't want the splits to travel up the hair shaft and cause further damage. When is the last time you had a trim? I trim twice a year, but I do wear my hair down often.
My last trim was in November. I have decided to get a trim/dusting every 3-4 months since I clearly can't do what my sister does and go 1 year plus without a trim. I think I will get a half-inch trim and call it a day.

ooooohhhh, what kind of yogurt did you use? i want to do this next weekend.

Everyone is looking good!

Self-trimmed last night into a nice U-shape. Only trimmed a 1/2". I'm pleased
but it will push back my goal of full BSL by a few weeks.

Checking in:
I washed today and did the Nexuss protein treatment then deep conditioned and bunned. My lace wig is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I am so excited to see it. I am about 1.5 inches from APL so I am crossing my fingers for BSL by the end of the year.

Hey ladies!
I know I'm late but I'll join too :grin:

Regimen: Co-wash 1x weekly w/ V05 Clarifying Conditioners
Shampoo as needed w/ Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo
Deep condition 1x weekly w/ coconut oil
Prepoo 1x weekly with olive oil or any cooking oil :lachen:
Moisturize/Seal nightly
Regular Conditioner w/ suave naturals tropical coconut

Starting Hair Length:APL

Goal Month: August

Pics for starting goal- I'll post some better ones when I get a chance.

Attachments

• 251.jpg
    251.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 254.jpg
    254.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
Hey ladies!
I know I'm late but I'll join too :grin:

Regimen: Co-wash 1x weekly w/ V05 Clarifying Conditioners
Shampoo as needed w/ Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo
Deep condition 1x weekly w/ coconut oil
Prepoo 1x weekly with olive oil or any cooking oil :lachen:
Moisturize/Seal nightly
Regular Conditioner w/ suave naturals tropical coconut

Starting Hair Length:APL

Goal Month: August

Pics for starting goal- I'll post some better ones when I get a chance.

Welcome Chelz:welcome2: :)

Back