BSL 2010 Challenge

checking in...my set of crochet braids is officially two weeks old now and i couldn't take not having water on my head, so i shampooed with diluted motions something-or-another (trying to get rid of it) by spraying it into the parts in my cornrows. after that, i conditioned with HE hydralicious...just rubbed it into my cornrows and let it sit while i showered, then rinsed. afterwards i applied some cantu shea butter leave-in to the ends of my cornrows and re-bunned them, sprayed african royale brx braid spray all over my cornrows, and applied aloe vera gel to my edges. i might sit under my hooded dryer for about 30 min before my client comes at 2pm...she wants two-strand twists, so i'll wash and DC her hair before doing that. i feel gooooood now :)

I love that stuff, can't get enough!

I'm so ready for the big reveal! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED. I CANT WAIT TO REACH BSL.

LOL :lachen::lachen:

This is exactly how I feel. I am soooooo excited.

Right now ladies I am keeping it LOW, I am on LOW manipulation. I am loving my Wigs, I put Elise down for a moment and I am rocking Outre Ruby, NO pics yet, I have to locate my cam, LOL

I am excited JUNE 2010 isn't far away, All who would like to reveal pics throughout the month of JUNE please do so, that is our half way mark, and I am just anxious to :click: and see them as well.

Ahhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,, April May JUNE!!!!!!!

I would like to join this challenge ladies. My starting length is APL and I will try and take a starting pic later on this week. I really don't have a solid regimen yet since I am newly texlaxed again (Last time was in 2006) so I will be taking notes.

Finally got my first self-texlax out of the way yesterday. I was SO ready for it too. I've updated my siggy with last month's growth. I think I'm retaining pretty well for 2 months of growth. Speeding towards BSL. :clap:

Finally got my first self-texlax out of the way yesterday. I was SO ready for it too. I've updated my siggy with last month's growth. I think I'm retaining pretty well for 2 months of growth. Speeding towards BSL. :clap:

I see Progress :D GreaT Job. What relaxer did you use?

I bought the SPrush based on the ladies here on this forum. I am gifting it to my stylist and hope she likes it. Plus I got myself one just incase I have to self relax one day again! TOld the hubby I am going to teach him how to relax some hair (mannequin first) LOL

I am checking in. This is my first post since joining this challenge. For the last month my hair has been cornrowed under a wig. I rebraid weekly after shampooing and dcing and everything seems to be going well.

I see Progress :D GreaT Job. What relaxer did you use?

I bought the SPrush based on the ladies here on this forum. I am gifting it to my stylist and hope she likes it. Plus I got myself one just incase I have to self relax one day again! TOld the hubby I am going to teach him how to relax some hair (mannequin first) LOL

Gotta crawl before I walk. I went with Optimum Care Regular and added EVOO.

checking in..hoping for BS by May, I am hoping to hold off on relaxing but honestly my roots are so thick, i dunno if i can hold out...ima tryin tho!

MsCOCO I couldn't make it. LOL

I washed today with Ion Clarifying shampoo 2 washes, put in nexxus emergency 2 minutes, shampooed with Healthy Sexy Hair Sulfate free shampoo, applied Yes tO Carrots Mud Mask and I am sitting under my steamer for about 30 minutes :D

will dry under hooded dryer

Yesterday I dc'd for 30 minutes using NTM Deep Recovery Mask and avocado oil, washed using NTM Cream Lather Shampoo, put in Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor for 2 minutes, rinsed, followed up with VO5's Moisture Milks in Strawberries and Cream (my last bit) and rinsed.

After that, I did my usual regimen of placing the following in my hair: HE LTR and Coconut oil. Once my hair air dried to about 70%, I put NTM Silky Touch in my hair (starting with ends) and avocado oil on both my scalp and ends. I braided my hair in one large plait, pinned it, and slept in my satin scarf.

This morning I moisturized with NTM Silky Touch and avocado oil. I'll m/s tonight using NTM ST and coconut oil.

I washed my hair today and deep conditioned with queen hellen cholesterol for 1 hour. I'm having it braided in cornrows tomorrow & hiding back under 1/2 wigs. I have been wearing my hair straight for the past 2 weeks & I got so bored of it LOL. I'm not far from APL so BSL by the end of the year looks possible :)

I washed my hair today and deep conditioned with queen hellen cholesterol for 1 hour. I'm having it braided in cornrows tomorrow & hiding back under 1/2 wigs. I have been wearing my hair straight for the past 2 weeks & I got so bored of it LOL. I'm not far from APL so BSL by the end of the year looks possible :)

I'm new to alot of stuff here. But explain how you can cornrow and wear a half wig. Wouldn't you have to wear a full wig? Do you only braid the back of your hair in cornrows?

I'm new to alot of stuff here. But explain how you can cornrow and wear a half wig. Wouldn't you have to wear a full wig? Do you only braid the back of your hair in cornrows?

YOu'd part your hair with the bang (or what every bit of hair you leave out) then you'd cornrow the rest.

I'm re-installing my sew in today. I'm under my steamer now. I need 3 inches for BSL and 4 inches for full BSL. So I'm on track for December.

I washed & styled last night. I currently have a twistout pulled up & a headband. Hopefully this will last. I've been washing my hair 2x a week and I fear that it's overmanipulation. But I just can't deal with a dirty scalp. Hopefully my scalp will start waiting a week to get dirty!

I love the week I clarify, it also makes my hair feel so Moisturized. I always put a heavy protein with a heavy moisturizer when I clarify and I am always pleased with the outcome. Soft to the touch.

I love my steamer because it does what my self heating caps do in 2-3 hours in 30 minutes. Yet, in the summer time, I don't think I would want to get under the steamer. It is a HOT son of agun. LOL!

So September - April/May I will Steam
June-August I will wear my Self Heating Caps

Hi Ladies, checking in. It appears that I'm still on the right track, I'm getting 1/2 in some parts and 3/4 in others, plus I've finally started retaining, YAY for me. I started DC'n 2x a week and it is paying off, so I will definitely keep this as a part of my reggie.

I can't wait for a length check in June, I don't know what length I will be but I'm excited to find out. My SO will be leaving town in late June so I will reveal then, I'm hiding my hair from him until dec.

OK...so it looks like the 18 week stretch just ain't gonna happen.:wallbash: Between the shedding & the breakage....I feel like crying. I'm just going to end the stretch at 13weeks. Between the hair growth vitamins, & the JBCO on my scalp 2x's per week...the new growith is simply KILLING me....

The good news is that I am happy to be retaining the length...so I'm hoping to be on target for BSL by the end of the year...and possibly sooner.

[QUOTE=Firstborn2;10353172]Hi Ladies, checking in. It appears that I'm still on the right track, I'm getting 1/2 in some parts and 3/4 in others, plus I've finally started retaining, YAY for me. I started DC'n 2x a week and it is paying off, so I will definitely keep this as a part of my reggie.

I can't wait for a length check in June, I don't know what length I will be but I'm excited to find out. My SO will be leaving town in late June so I will reveal then, I'm hiding my hair from him until dec.[/QUOTE]:lachen::lachen:

Yay, I am so glad your retaining, that is very important :) Congrats on the growth!

I just took pics of my hair yesterday and my hair seems so short :(

Cheer Up, you might have Anorexia of the hair like me. I think my hair looks so Short!

It's funny how our hair seems so short to us, but long to others. Sometimes I feel like I'll never reach my goal. And yet others around me are telling me how long my hair is. :perplexed JJ, I look at your hair and I see flowing locks.:yep:

We can be our own worse critic, that's for sure.:yep:

Firstborn, you are too funny hiding your hair from SO like that. He'll definitely be pleasantly surprised come December.:yep:

[QUOTE=Firstborn2;10353172]Hi Ladies, checking in. It appears that I'm still on the right track, I'm getting 1/2 in some parts and 3/4 in others, plus I've finally started retaining, YAY for me. I started DC'n 2x a week and it is paying off, so I will definitely keep this as a part of my reggie.

I can't wait for a length check in June, I don't know what length I will be but I'm excited to find out. My SO will be leaving town in late June so I will reveal then, I'm hiding my hair from him until dec.
:lachen::lachen:

Yay, I am so glad your retaining, that is very important :) Congrats on the growth!

Cheer Up, you might have Anorexia of the hair like me. I think my hair looks so Short![/QUOTE]

Hello everyone, I am just checking in as well. My starting picture is in my avatar. I just made 18 weeks yesterday, but I am only doing it with Seneglase twist. I got those done on January 31 2010. I had to do them over twice since then. I have to take them out because they are not braided all the way down so they are not protecting my ends. I want Janet Jackson braids, because I know my hair grows better in big braids. My last perm was October 30 2009 and I have only received 2 inches of new growth since then.. I have been taking my vitamins and drinking plenty of water. But only getting 1 inch every 2 months. I want to perm and in October. Then reveal in December. That should be about 7 inches by December. I would love to know how do I get 1 inch a month?

OK...so it looks like the 18 week stretch just ain't gonna happen.:wallbash: Between the shedding & the breakage....I feel like crying. I'm just going to end the stretch at 13weeks. Between the hair growth vitamins, & the JBCO on my scalp 2x's per week...the new growith is simply KILLING me....

The good news is that I am happy to be retaining the length...so I'm hoping to be on target for BSL by the end of the year...and possibly sooner.

I am so happy you are retaing but, I understand your struggle with the new growth. Maybe you should braids for your stretch. Because 1 you can still DC if not even more so. 2 it is less manipulation. 3 you'll be able to see a difference when you take the braids out. Just my opinon.

:lachen::lachen:

Cheer Up, you might have Anorexia of the hair like me. I think my hair looks so Short![/QUOTE]

JJ I think your hair is so thick; shiny, and pretty. I feel like you"ll be BSL way before you think.

Back