BSL 2010 Challenge

1 more day and i'll be 17 weeks post. I know i've gotten some growth but i'm not doing a proper length check until i straighten for V-Day so i wont know exactly how much growth i've gotten until then.

Today will just be a regular co-wash day. My hair is currently in a messy, loose bun. Tomorrow will be officially five weeks post (with ten more weeks to go until my next relaxer). When six weeks post rolls around, I will start dc'ing twice a week, as opposed to once a week.

I'll be trying Burt's Bees Brazil Nut Moisture Conditioner (something like that) for the first time when i cowash tonight. Anyone ever used this?

Reecie...your hair is gorgeous (one of my inspirations)...I sent you a PM on the workout.

Wow Girl. Thank-you. That is a very detailed regimen. If only I were as dedicated to working out. Thanks so much for the post and HHG!!

I'll be trying Burt's Bees Brazil Nut Moisture Conditioner (something like that) for the first time when i cowash tonight. Anyone ever used this?

I've been eyeing this forever! Please let us know how you like it!:yep:

Last edited:

Let me know how much moisture you get from this, I love Deep Moisturizing conditioners, :)

I would like to join this challenge...my hair picture is in my siggy.

My regimen is: pre-poo with Suave Humectress Conditioner; wash 1x/week with either Ookisa/Creme of Nature/Olive Oil Shampoo (1 shampoo); DC with Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment & Aphogee 2-min reconstructor

Rollerset/Saranwrap Treat hair after wash

Bun all week (hair out on weekends)

Moisturize with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, seal with Carrot Oil/Coconut Oil

Starting Hair Length is APL

Goal Month: July 2010

You should also share your workout regimen. Good Lawd you have been either drinking alot of milk or you have a consistent workout routine. Nice Back! Welcome

My hair was still breaking after my last wash so I did the aphogee 2 step last night followed by emergencee.

I deep conditioned with cream of nature mixed with pantene and my hair feels back to normal. It's moisturized, soft, and strong.

I did a strand test and I had to pull my hair 3 times for it to break.

I'm so happy, I haven't done a real protein treatment since December. I've been moisturizing like crazy but that was too much.

I'm going back to once a week pre-poo protein/ DC with moisture.

just checking in, hi ladies!

wednesday's overnight dc on dry hair worked out well, as expected...i've loved it since i've started it...but....

my mega tek arrived earlier this week and ya know i just had to try it....even though it's got alot of protein, they say, and i'd had a bit of a problem with breakage (they predict another large snowfall today, which my hair cannot stand...and thus, breaks)

soooo...after i took off the overnight dc with my ayurvedic poo's
and co washed with mega tek, finishing with co wash of phyto nourishing mask,
i put some kukui oil on my wet hair before anything else.
then i spritzed some detangling avocado mist from the mega-tek line and today,
my hair actually feels softer than it used to.

we'll see how it hold up with this snow, though....

HHJ LADIES!

Reecie, JJ, Chaos - The Burt's Bees Raspberry/Brazil Nut Conditioner is a keeper! I didn't read the linked review until a few minutes ago, but I agree w/everything she said. I thought it would be more moisturizing and slippery, but it did leave my hair feeling stronger. I'll probably use it a couple times each month. It would probably be good w/other oils added. Next time I use it, I'll add some EVOO and Coconut oil.

You ladies have listed your regimens for this challenge but I'm just curious......what type of vitamins are you taking during this challenge?

I forgot to mention the vitamins I'm taking during this challenge. EPO, Multi-vitamin, Vitamin C with Rose hips and MSM 2,000 mgs.

Speaking of Vitamins I need to go take mine and I don't feel like washing my hair today. I am in lazy Mode.

I enjoyed getting my hair washed, conditioned and blowdried at the beautician today, no need for flatiron. "Tis all"

Princess Don't be mad at me, stylist called and is moving her surgery. I am going there this week, I so need a hair cut, my new growth is soft and smooth but alot over 3 inches. Plus I am lazy this week I don't feel like doing my hair at all. I just really want my cut!

doing a length check today so i'll post pics later on. DCed overnight and then washed it and blow dried this morning, gonna flat iron later on.

Washed my hair yesterday. I think I'm going to limit daily moisturizing and sealing to once a day. My hair feels too oily when I do it more than once. I feel yucky.

Princess Don't be mad at me, stylist called and is moving her surgery. I am going there this week, I so need a hair cut, my new growth is soft and smooth but alot over 3 inches. Plus I am lazy this week I don't feel like doing my hair at all. I just really want my cut!

:hand: Don't do it....If you new growth is still soft, you can wait a little longer.

I understand, depending on how long she be out, might not be to good for you:nono:

Im sure you BSL,, make sure you post pics too.

Doing an old school DC today with some Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner. Trying to get serious about my DC game again, even though I don't know how that's going to go since I'll be having a baby any day now.

I've never used it...my hair doesn't like BB's stuff.
But littlegoldenlamb gave a really detailed (and IMO, highly informative) review about it on her blog:

http://littlegoldenlamb.wordpress.c...oisture-raspberry-and-brazil-nut-conditioner/

hth.

Reecie, JJ, Chaos - The Burt's Bees Raspberry/Brazil Nut Conditioner is a keeper! I didn't read the linked review until a few minutes ago, but I agree w/everything she said. I thought it would be more moisturizing and slippery, but it did leave my hair feeling stronger. I'll probably use it a couple times each month. It would probably be good w/other oils added. Next time I use it, I'll add some EVOO and Coconut oil.

THanks Ladies I will be keeping a close eye on these, Hopefully by next week I can see if I need a new DC for my you know what, I don't even want to say it any more. LOL thanks again. :)

:hand: Don't do it....If you new growth is still soft, you can wait a little longer.

I understand, depending on how long she be out, might not be to good for you:nono:

Im sure you BSL,, make sure you post pics too.

LOLOLOL I just got in; I didn't spend but maybe 5 minutes on the forum today, if I went on at all, :spinning: <--this is exactly how my day went today.

I did get my relaxer, she was getting all her appointments out of the way before she gets her surgery. I would have had to wait until April for my relaxer, BUT good news, she cut only about 1/2 inch off by request, because she said my ends were great, she said you have barely any thing to really cut. I felt so :grin::grin::grin:.

I also Passed on the flat Iron and curlers I just dried under the dryer and plopped a headband on, I got this look right here :perplexed:perplexed:nono::nono::blush:. I said sorry I only have 2 blow dry passes and one flat iron pass and I am not going out tomorrow and have the whole month to go and I've used a BD pass already she was like :ohwell: to the Pass. She said I Thought I've Heard everything, now you have passes. then asked again, you sure you don't want your hair curled, Nope!

so i recently trimmed my hair so that my bottom layer (and most of my hair) is all natural. and I am still past APL yay!
346mgbr.jpg

and here is the style i had it in for the last few days: a simple curly ponytail
106ncza.jpg

Dc'ed for 45 minutes, which was accidental. I simply lost track of time. I air-dried my hair and rocked a serious wavy 'do. It was lovely.

Last edited:
Today is wash day, im prepooing with coconut oil. Going to try Elasta QP Conditioning Shampoo and folow up with CON(old version) Conditioner and wet bun and tie down with a scarf.

Im 11 weeks post

Can't wait to see pics of your hair.

LOL, I am not going to take pictures yet, maybe in June. I will be getting another relaxer & cut by then. That would be my date of prayer and hope to be BSB/BSL that is a possible 2 inches :D, Excited excited excited!

Back