BSL 2010 Challenge

I rebraided my cornrows, moisturizing my hair with whipped ends hydration and sealing with grapeseed oil. These braids are going to go for another three/four week run.

I'm co-washing today. Going to do the Mega-Tek thing for 5 minutes and rinse, then follow with Aussie Moist.

Oh, and today I am 20 weeks post. *biting nails*

I noticed my hair was feeling weird the other day dry and hard, guess what I didn't rinse out the conditioner and I dryed it under the hair dryer, SOOOO this time I rinsed extra and no problems I feel like punching myself, being so quick.

Well if Feb is too early nix that, March will be 5 months for me, so we can both shoot for March if that is 4 months and your comfortable.

That sound like a plan. Im shooting for the last week of March-Yes that will be 4 complete months for me.

Today I DC'd on dry hair with Alterna Hemp Hydrate, Shampooed w/ Joico K pak, Fantasia IC Reconstructor, then a quick rinse condish w/ Hayashi Systems 911 Conditioner.

:band2:i am still going "pinch me".....:grin:

last week hubby measured my hair and we found that it HAD GROWN 1 INCH SINCE JAN. 11TH!!! :band::trampolin:yay::yay::yay:

i've got about 6-7 inches before reaching bsl, and i really thought it was hopeless, but i suppose IF i can keep this growth rate and RETAIN what grows, i should make it!:yep: no?

the problem is, we've had a huge snowfall recently and i've also noticed a bit more breakage than usual.

i'm 3 weeks post and that ng is coarse and tough (especially my crown and nearby areas, NOT my nape or sides)

i've been co-washing with moisturizing conditioners and using amla/shikakai/brahmi twice a week.

BUT, i'm thinking of adding a third co-wash using ONLY MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER, which, like REECIE has convinced me of (lady, your hair is BEAUTIFUL, btw) is best to be put on DRY HAIR (yes, tried it, LOVE IT!)

is there anybody in this challenge that has tried this before?

thanks for your advice, ladies!!!:yep:

Checking in: Finally braided my hair and hope to keep it that way until the end of February :)
I'm still shedding but if it's braided I don't stress about it as much as I would if it were loose! I appear to be losing thickness & not length which is not such a biggie for me because my hair is on the thin side to begin with.

Checking in, yesterday I did a double tea rinse then a scalp massage with my Sulfur oil mixture. I sealed with HE LTR and castor oil. Today I did a scalp massage with Shikakai oil.

I was snowed in Saturday, so i made it a HAIR day! :grin:

pre-pooed with coconut oil for about an hour
-shampooed with Elucence MB
-applied a black rinse, sat under dryer for 45 minutes
-rinsed and applied Joico Kpak (back under dryer for 20 min)
-rinsed and applied Creme of Nature Extreme Moisture conditioner, left on for about 2 hours
-rinsed and applied Lacio Lacio and Nairobi Foam Wrap, and rollerset (kept my hair wet wth a spray bottle of water mixed with coconut oil)
-dried for about an hour

Result: the juiciest black curls I've ever seen! :love: :lick: (I wish I had taken pics)

I wish I had time to do that every week, my hair would be succulent :love3:

last week hubby measured my hair and we found that it HAD GROWN 1 INCH SINCE JAN. 11TH!!! :band::trampolin:yay::yay::yay:

i've got about 6-7 inches before reaching bsl, and i really thought it was hopeless, but i suppose IF i can keep this growth rate and RETAIN what grows, i should make it!:yep: no?

the problem is, we've had a huge snowfall recently and i've also noticed a bit more breakage than usual.

i'm 3 weeks post and that ng is coarse and tough (especially my crown and nearby areas, NOT my nape or sides)

i've been co-washing with moisturizing conditioners and using amla/shikakai/brahmi twice a week.

BUT, i'm thinking of adding a third co-wash using ONLY MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER, which, like REECIE has convinced me of (lady, your hair is BEAUTIFUL, btw) is best to be put on DRY HAIR (yes, tried it, LOVE IT!)

Awwwwhhhh:blush3: Thanks Grow. Overnight dry hair deep conditioning is the BUSINESS!! I love it, girl. Congrats on the inch of growth in 1 month. Is there anything you're doing different in your reggie?

Sorry, I can't help you with the co-washing thing. I don't plan to co-wash until I do braidouts, which I don't want to do on my hair until it is 3 - 4 inches longer.

Checking in: I did a length cheat with my leave out hair (currently in a weave) and I'm 4 inches away from BSL. I'm excited!

Awwwwhhhh:blush3: Thanks Grow. Overnight dry hair deep conditioning is the BUSINESS!! I love it, girl. Congrats on the inch of growth in 1 month. Is there anything you're doing different in your reggie?

Sorry, I can't help you with the co-washing thing. I don't plan to co-wash until I do braidouts, which I don't want to do on my hair until it is 3 - 4 inches longer.

I love dcing on dry hair, but I have never done it over night. What type of cond. do you use? Would still be ok if it had protein?

I love dcing on dry hair, but I have never done it over night. What type of cond. do you use? Would still be ok if it had protein?

I personally wouldn't do it with protein, Flow. I have decided that this is the ONLY way I'm going to deep condition from here on out. When I was 10 weeks post, I DCd on dry hair overnight for the first time, and afterwards I didn't need to moisture my hair in morning/night for 5 days, it felt like it was freshly washed, soft, and moisturized during that whole time (and 10 WEEKS POST!).

My reggie is DCing is: AOHSR overnight with a plastic cap and then a turbie twist on top of that to keep everything in place. I shampoo in the morning with Keracare Moisturizing/Detangling and my hair is so buttery smooth afterwards I don't need to put conditioner on after my shampoo.

I recommend a moisturizing shampoo, please let me know how you like/dislike it!:grin::yep:

I personally wouldn't do it with protein, Flow. I have decided that this is the ONLY way I'm going to deep condition from here on out. When I was 10 weeks post, I DCd on dry hair overnight for the first time, and afterwards I didn't need to moisture my hair in morning/night for 5 days, it felt like it was freshly washed, soft, and moisturized during that whole time (and 10 WEEKS POST!).

My reggie is DCing is: AOHSR overnight with a plastic cap and then a turbie twist on top of that to keep everything in place. I shampoo in the morning with Keracare Moisturizing/Detangling and my hair is so buttery smooth afterwards I don't need to put conditioner on after my shampoo.

I recommend a moisturizing shampoo, please let me know how you like/dislike it!:grin::yep:

I don't use poo. The only time I shampoo is when I relax. So you don't think just rinsing it out is enough? I wasn't planning on using a hardcore protein, but I only have Motions CPR,Silicone Mix,ORS root stimulator for dcs. and they all contain protein. I guess I could use my Aussie Moist.

I don't use poo. The only time I shampoo is when I relax. So you don't think just rinsing it out is enough? I wasn't planning on using a hardcore protein, but I only have Motions CPR,Silicone Mix,ORS root stimulator for dcs. and they all contain protein. I guess I could use my Aussie Moist.

You know what? It's probably enough. I forgot to mention:perplexed that I add a "generous" amount of EVOO after I apply the AOHSR. So for me, shampooing is a necessity.

You know what? It's probably enough. I forgot to mention:perplexed that I add a "generous" amount of EVOO after I apply the AOHSR. So for me, shampooing is a necessity.

My hair is always oiled up and cowashing still works. So I guess it should be ok. I forgot to mention I use a Ayurvedic poo bar a couple times a month. Weekly tea rinses with Shikakai also cleanses my hair and scalp and prevents build up. Ok I'll let you know how it works out, thanks.

Congratulations on your growth, you should be BSL in no time!

I was snowed in Saturday, so i made it a HAIR day! :grin:

pre-pooed with coconut oil for about an hour
-shampooed with Elucence MB
-applied a black rinse, sat under dryer for 45 minutes
-rinsed and applied Joico Kpak (back under dryer for 20 min)
-rinsed and applied Creme of Nature Extreme Moisture conditioner, left on for about 2 hours
-rinsed and applied Lacio Lacio and Nairobi Foam Wrap, and rollerset (kept my hair wet wth a spray bottle of water mixed with coconut oil)
-dried for about an hour

Result: the juiciest black curls I've ever seen! :love: :lick: (I wish I had taken pics)

I wish I had time to do that every week, my hair would be succulent :love3:

That Black hair rinse sounds great, I am in need and am trying to wait for my steamer so I can steam it in. Oh well, how is everything coming along? I am not letting go my Elise Lace Front , I love to wear it all the time. I got a second one :D

Checking in: I did a length cheat with my leave out hair (currently in a weave) and I'm 4 inches away from BSL. I'm excited!

I wanted to say to you two ladies and all the ladies who are very close to BSL/BSB Great JOB!!!!! You are definitely an inspiration for us all here in this challenge :), and for all who made it congratulations. Once you make BSL/BSB let me know so I could put it by your name.PM me though please because I might miss it!

For all the other ladies including myself the YEAR has just started no giving up we have 10 more months to go!

Last edited:
Got a relaxer touch up friday but she didn't DC my hair. Baggyied last night and will baggy every other night for the rest of the week.

Thanks for all the love and support ladies. Unfortunately, I think I still need about 2 inches until true BSL. Therefore, I'll be here working hard for a couple more months.

MS. REECIE, THANK U!!!:grin:
U R ONE OF THE LADIES I OWE THIS MIRACULOUS (for me who's always had a hard time growing my hair) HAIR GROWTH TO!!!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG SPOT& YES, AM FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!!!!:grin:

that dc-ing on dry hair is TOTALLY THE BUSINESS!!!:worship2:

now, i CANNOT do it any other way i just love those results sooo much!

plus, the "new things" also include those lovely co-washes!!! (i'm in that challenge, too)
plus i'm sure those vitamins are helping, too (i'm still waiting for the msm&chlorella to arrive tho...so it should only get better when i implement them)
and your hot double bun (tho i've gotta wait for my hair to grow out some more to do it) has inspired me to KEEP MY HANDS OUTTA MY HAIR, so i'm wearing a french twist as i type!:yep:
i want to retain each and every bit to make the bsl!

THANK U REECIE!!!!

p.s. i'm also inspired by your excercise routine tho to lazy right now....will wait till the nice temperatures arrive, lol, and i'm sure that with your great routine, those 3-4 inches are gonna be there in a nyc:yep: minute!

Congratulations on your growth, you should be BSL in no time!

That Black hair rinse sounds great, I am in need and am trying to wait for my steamer so I can steam it in. Oh well, how is everything coming along? I am not letting go my Elise Lace Front , I love to wear it all the time. I got a second one :D

I wanted to say to you two ladies and all the ladies who are very close to BSL/BSB Great JOB!!!!! You are definitely an inspiration for us all here in this challenge :), and for all who made it congratulations. Once you make BSL/BSB let me know so I could put it by your name.PM me though please because I might miss it!

For all the other ladies including myself the YEAR has just started no giving up we have 10 more months to go!

JJamiah, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONGRATULATIONS AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

TO ALL THE LADIES ON HERE: THANK YOU for helping me to trust and believe in myself; :yep: for showing me that i can take good care my hair and actually grow my hair...soemthing i've never tried to do until joining this forum a month ago... i'll be forever grateful!:grin:

MS. REECIE, THANK U!!!:grin:
U R ONE OF THE LADIES I OWE THIS MIRACULOUS (for me who's always had a hard time growing my hair) HAIR GROWTH TO!!!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG SPOT& YES, AM FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!!!!:grin:

that dc-ing on dry hair is TOTALLY THE BUSINESS!!!:worship2:

now, i CANNOT do it any other way i just love those results sooo much!

plus, the "new things" also include those lovely co-washes!!! (i'm in that challenge, too)
plus i'm sure those vitamins are helping, too (i'm still waiting for the msm&chlorella to arrive tho...so it should only get better when i implement them)
and your hot double bun (tho i've gotta wait for my hair to grow out some more to do it) has inspired me to KEEP MY HANDS OUTTA MY HAIR, so i'm wearing a french twist as i type!:yep:
i want to retain each and every bit to make the bsl!

THANK U REECIE!!!!

p.s. i'm also inspired by your excercise routine tho to lazy right now....will wait till the nice temperatures arrive, lol, and i'm sure that with your great routine, those 3-4 inches are gonna be there in a nyc:yep: minute!

Wow girlie. You are too sweet:mmmchocolate:! I'm so glad that you enjoy my blog...and most importantly that you have learned a few things that have worked for your hair. When are you gonna post some pics?

Wow girlie. You are too sweet:mmmchocolate:! I'm so glad that you enjoy my blog...and most importantly that you have learned a few things that have worked for your hair. When are you gonna post some pics?

just telling it like it is, REECIE!!! your blog is FABULOUS (i love the butterflies, too:yep:)

you are right about the pics & i CANNOT WAIT to post them as they are on my phone and ready to go! :spinning:
but i gotta get some space outta my hard drive because my iphone takes up too much have space to be able to download them.:wallbash:
a friend is helping me find another solution, so hopefully, i'll join the "picture club" too!!!:grin:

HHJ&HHG ladies!!!

I did an all day cond. session with ORS. tonight I'll seal with LTR leave in, Hairveda Shikakai oil and my homemade sulfur mixture.

I just henna'd I my hair and it turned out great as usual.
Imma get them vits from under my car seat and try to finish them things up ASAP!

I'm in... I'm currently a little past SL

Bunning and protecting my ends should get me to BSL by December 2010.

Regimen:
Wash 1 x week, usually Saturdays
DC with every wash
Air dry
Mizani shampoo and conditioner

I would like to join this challenge...my hair picture is in my siggy.

My regimen is: pre-poo with Suave Humectress Conditioner; wash 1x/week with either Ookisa/Creme of Nature/Olive Oil Shampoo (1 shampoo); DC with Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment & Aphogee 2-min reconstructor

Rollerset/Saranwrap Treat hair after wash

Bun all week (hair out on weekends)

Moisturize with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, seal with Carrot Oil/Coconut Oil

Starting Hair Length is APL

Goal Month: July 2010

Back