BSL 2010 Challenge

I feel like crap again. HUH, Sinus's are no joke.
I washed my hair yesterday,

I Clarifyed with Ion Clarifying shampoo
Shampoo'd twice with Hair one Jojoba
Aphogee 2 minute (I just got a relaxer Saturday so I need the protein) 15 minutes
Aussie 3 minute/Porosity Control - 20 minutes
Rinse
Aphogee Keratin Green tea reconstructerizer
Redken AntiSnap
HERSTYLER SERUM 2 pumps
A dash or Argan Oil

sat underdryer dried 90% and then 10% with handheld

pulled it back into a pony! I am pretty simple.

I just washed my hair with keracare 1st lather & keracare moisturizing shampoo. I'm sitting under the dryer now with ORS hair mayo in. After 26 weeks of not being sure if I wanted to transition or stretch I have decided to relax again. I ordered the affirm sensitive scalp relaxer as well as the follow up products. They came yesterday & I can't wait to relax next week. I've been inspired to try the half & half method when I do relax. I think in the future I will only stretch 10-12 weeks. I haven't flat ironed my hair in 14 weeks & I can't wait to do it today :)

Last edited:
I'm in my fifth week with my hair in cornrows. I have been stepping it up with the cowashing since my hair tends to be a bit drier in braids. It's working too...my hair feels softer.

dc'd for thirty minutes
shampooed
conditioned with Aphogee 2 Min
rinsed
conditioned with Vo5's Strawberries and Cream Moisture Milks
rinsed/combed hair in shower
put in leave-in/sealed with oils/airdryed/messy loose bun

Went to CVS (Vo5 is on sale for 77 cents). I picked up some clarifying shampoo (VO5) and Passionfruit Smoothie conditioner, along with some NTM Leave-in (2 bottles and I caught the last two on the shelf). Since I received a $5 CVS bucks coupon, I went back and bought some NTM Deep Recovery Mask!!! I'm well-stocked for a while.

Just checking in.....I co-washed on Sunday with Mane and Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. I think I'm going to stick to co-washing (no poo) for a few months. I'll probably have to co-wash about 2-3 times a week.

Valentine's Day weekend I washed with Kenra Clarifying/chelating shampoo, applied Joico deep penentrating reconstructor and left on for like 15 min. DCed overnight w Joico intense hydrator and Matrix Biolage hydrating balm. Rinsed and applied Roux porosity control, rinsed with VERY cold water. Applied my leave ins and air died in a braided ponytail.

I just did a visual in the mirror and I have about 2 inches to claim BSL :spinning:
I am so excited that so far it looks like I am going to reach my goal.

I am attempting to stay out of my hair for the week :ohwell:
No matter how much I want to comb my hair I am not combing it. I really need to keep my inches. LOL, oh well wish me luck!

JJ congrats.... I refuse to do a length check until June. That's my birthday month and I plan to straighten so I can length check.

Checking in: Still sticking with my siggy challenges and hoping I can get past Apl. My siggy picture was taken in July so I'm hoping for BSL this July. hhg

I'm under the dryer as I type. Doing another braidout--the story of my life. haha I stretch pieces of my hair all the time to length check, and it looks like I'm really close (about 1.5-2 inches)--but I really won't consider myself BSL until I can straighten and it just hanging it hits BSL, not by manually stretching it. So I may still have few more inches to go. Ah well.

I just ended my stretch after 19 weeks. I will only stretch longer than 12-14 wks during the winter. I'm protective styling still and hiding my hair. I should be full BSL by the end of the summer. I'll post pics around Mid-May

my scalp doesn't like cowashing so no more of that. i allowed my hair to frizz and detangling was atrocious before i washed my hair yesterday. i'm in french braided twists. i will probably rewash on monday. i can't take itching so i'll continue washing 2x per week until i notice breakage. i'll detangle once per week still.

I 'washed' for the first time this week with conditioner only and I think I'm going to continue this process for a few months. I liked the way my hair felt afterwards.

DCing right now. Finally broke down and replenished my AO HSR. I have a mixture of that, EVOO, & Coconut Oil under a cap. I have an appt on Monday at 9am with a braider to get tree braids. I hope I like them, I'm paying $170 to get them done, so they better be the BOMB. Still can't believe I've made it to 30 weeks. I will DC overnight and blowdry my hair tomrrow in preparation for Monday.

I did an overnight coconut oil treatment. I'm about to wash it out. I'll probably deep condition with ORS.

I'm not sure if I want to rollerset or just throw it in a bun yet.

I don't know when or if I'm going to make BSL this year, but I am having fun with my hair and it's doing much better so I won't complain.

hi ladies!

Black Hoya Chick, i hear you about not being able to keep the hands out of the hair!

i only wore it out once last week, but it's been in ps's for about 2 weeks now...to keep my hands out of it AND to help with the ng....i'm trying to keep breakage at bay...

i really want to measure my hair again because i can see where it's grown, but with the ng, i'd have to really pull it down, so it's better if i wait until i perm in april...if i can wait until april, that is! (that would be 3 months post)

tonight i'm doing my overnight dc and cayenne/jbco mix.

CeeBee3, i, too, am trying to focus on the fun of finally taking really good care of my hair instead of JUST hitting the bsl mark at the end of the year, but it's not easy!
let's hope we make it...there's still plenty of time!
plus, i've noticed that my hair grows alot faster in the spring/summer, so i'm sure we'll ALL get a huge boost soon!

HHG LADIES!

Today is wash day. I've switched to all natural products meaning I'm using only things from my kitchen and so far so good.

Today I'm doing a DC with coconut oil and avocado, washing with a BS rinse and then doing a final rinse with peppermint chamomile tea.

checking in:
I had time to realli set out how much longer I have to go to get to bsl...I basically am 5 inches away, yay! but i don't think ill get there until december/january.
Today I am going to pick up castor oil and EVOO.

Hi All,

I don't think I'll be making it to BSL this year, but hopefully by March next year I will be. I'm currently shoulder length and I knew it was a stretch when I joined, but I think by the time Dec. comes I'll be a couple of inches away from full BSL.

I'm still doing all that I can to get as close to it as possible, so don't count me out just yet. :yep:

Washed and Clarified with ORS Aloe Rid. Now DC'ing with ORS replenishing mask. I am still in cornrows...trying to PS as much as I can this year to hit the BSL mark by December :)

I just got a fresh relaxer Sat. and I'll be doing a henna treatment sometime next week...my original goal was BSL by Dec 2010, but now I think I can bump that up to July/Aug 2010 :crossfingers:

Applied Lustrasilk Tea Tea Cholesterol to scalp only and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinsed out and co-washed with Nexxus Colorstay Replenishing Conditioner. My hair isn't colored, but this conditioner has cerimides and it smells good - like grapefruit. Air-dried in twists.

Back