BSL 2010 Challenge

Cosigning with everyone else Joyandfaith. Your hair is beautiful. I'm sure it's BSL when straightened. Congrats!!

Beautiful JoyandFaith!

Just DC for the first time w/Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol (crown) and Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol (rest of head). I really like it, and it's soooo cheap! My hair feels so great, I'm not even going to flatiron it like I was planning to. I'll wait till next week to do a length check.

I'm going to join in with wishful thinking.

Regimen:cowash and go or blow out which lasts for two weeks, I don't straighten more than once a month though

Products your using: tresseme moisturizing conditioner. or just for me curl smoother. thats it.

Starting Hair Length: APL not full yet

Goal Month: December

Pics for starting goal- attachingggg

698_5727454_47840645_2764127_n-vi.jpg

Regimen:cowash and go or blow out which lasts for two weeks, I don't straighten more than once a month though

Products your using: tresseme moisturizing conditioner. or just for me curl smoother. thats it.

I love your hair color.

698_5727454_47840645_2764127_n-vi.jpg

:welcome3:

checking in..
tuesday night steamed w/ ors replenishing conditioner and neil george indian gooseberry oil. left that on overnight. did a quick wash in the am and followed up w/ aphogee 2min and neil george detangler and nourishment spray (i'm trying out this line and kind of love it as of late). went to salon and got blown out and flat ironed. it is pouring today so my hair has been wrapped up under a wig lol. i will stay under the wig until the rain stops

Joy your hair looks fabulously BSL to me! :yep:

Welcome Kurly K! I am loving your color!:love:

In the meantime, I'm HATING my hair!!!:wallbash: Last night I washed it and it was a tangled mess. I HATE wash day! It's always such a chore. And whats with all of those darn pixie knots???!!! UGHHHH! My hair tangles so darn easily! There has to be a better way...:wallbash:

Some times I just wanna cut it all off. But I know I won't...at least I don't think so...:look:

Pretty color, KurlyK.

Well, I haven't really length checked in a while. My hair is currently in an old braidout, so I decided to stretch a section in the back. I seem to be about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches tops from BSL. I'm pretty excited. I'm on a personal no-flat iron challenge through March. Maybe I'll make it when I straighten in April. That would be quite nice.

Hey Ladies, Im sooo LATE with my starting point picture, but here it is! I just realized that I had a slight set back over the last 3 mths of a good 2 in! *uuugghh So this pic is from the beginning of January. NOT looking good ladies, but Im gonna stick to the challenge anyways *sniffle sniffle* Im at a good 8 inches now. BSL on me is about 12/13 inches. Im gonna give myself till DECEMBER 31ST 2010 at 11:59pm!! yea yea!
Let the games begin!!

Attachments

• Rachaels Pics 376.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 376.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I changed my hair length goals to mbl. I have 4 1/4 inches to go before I reach bsl and I'm giving myself until July to reach it. I'm hoping I'll gain a few extra inches during the summer months.

My weekly regimen is simple:
Shampoo with 1x per week
Aphogee 2 minute
DC with heat
No direct heat
Moisturize and Bag each night

I'm so happy with the results of my hair so far. Can't wait to see the difference in March when I flat iron for a length check.

I am DCing at the moment with Aphogee 2 min and CON-purple.....
Doing good so far still pressing to be APL and this year. Even though I think I am APL already, I will wait til MArch to clain it though....And then I will be on my way to BLS.

I'm getting ready to put a rinse in my hair and then sit under the dryer with shescentit banana brulee and watch SOS Haiti

You ladies have listed your regimens for this challenge but I'm just curious......what type of vitamins are you taking during this challenge?

Last edited:
Im pretty sure that Im gonna have to do an protein treatment because of hat this press that I did the other day! My hair just feels weak!! *UUgghh , so I think Ill probably wait a couple of days, go ahead and put in my mini braids, do the protein treatment, then DC like a mad woman!! lol

You ladies have listed your regimens for this challenge but I'm just curious......what type of vitamins are you taking during this challenge?

I am currently taking GNC Ultra Nourish Hair daily....without fail. Its been 7 weeks since my relaxer in December, and I already have a littel OVER 1inch of NG. Not relaxing again 'til April...17week stretch ahead. I am determined to make BSL this year...by hook or by crook!!:wallbash:

Checkin in, just took my hair down today, a week early. Lost a lot of shedded hair but I guess that's to be expected (Shrug) since I haven't detangled in 5 weeks, I just hate looking at a big ball of hair.

Anyway, going to do a steam treatment tomorrow let it air dry and put it right back up in braids.

I was suppose to wash my hair tomorrow. I DID IT TONIGHT, I washed with Hair One Jojoba Version x2, then I did a Aussie 3 minute and left it on for 3 minutes, wash day never has been this quick. got under the hair dryer 10 minutes, then added Herstyler Serum and blow dryed my roots, Put it up in a bun and put a headband on. Hubby laughed told me you do all that work and put it up. I laughed. Ladies I am at 18 weeks post I am going to continue until March, tomorrow was my day of Relaxation (getting my relaxer) due to the snow I can't and the following week my stylist is having surgery so I am waiting until March so I don't get confused.

hi ladies - just checking in. i did an aphogee protein treatment today. i've started doing one every 2 weeks and my hair is responding well to it. less shedding and breakage. i'm no longer doing frequent co-washes a.) because it's just too cold, b.) i'm 7.5 months post (because what i want to do changes frequently) and detangling just makes me sad. once i finished everything today, shampooing, treatment and conditioning, i rubbed in some coconut oil and a little cantu silk serum and tied it all up. my hair feels really soft.
grow baby grow!

Im DC'ing today, using Matrix Conditioning Balm. I mixed some 2 min Kertain along with a little Olive Oil. Now im under heat. I really like the Matrix Conditioning Balm-its so thick and makes my hair very moisturized.

Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks. I decided im not doing the 6 month stretch. Im stretching to the end of March now. That will be 4 months for me. Right now-my hair is well behaving.

hi ladies - just checking in. i did an aphogee protein treatment today. i've started doing one every 2 weeks and my hair is responding well to it. less shedding and breakage. i'm no longer doing frequent co-washes a.) because it's just too cold, b.) i'm 7.5 months post (because what i want to do changes frequently) and detangling just makes me sad. once i finished everything today, shampooing, treatment and conditioning, i rubbed in some coconut oil and a little cantu silk serum and tied it all up. my hair feels really soft.
grow baby grow!

WOW-I heard Aphogee two step protein is really strong. I read it suppose to last at least 6-8 weeks. You do one every 2 weeks. Im glad its working for you. How do you do yours? Do you follow the directions per say?

Just got my hair done and I'm excited about my progress. I think I may be BSL with my hair straightened. :drunk: It's in spiral curls in this pic...in my attempt to get body. I'll post straight pics this weekend.

2-3-10.jpg

Your hair is beatuiful. I really like the big curls. I agree with the others, you are there at BSL, cause of the curls, holding your length.

Im DC'ing today, using Matrix Conditioning Balm. I mixed some 2 min Kertain along with a little Olive Oil. Now im under heat. I really like the Matrix Conditioning Balm-its so thick and makes my hair very moisturized.

Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks. I decided im not doing the 6 month stretch. Im stretching to the end of March now. That will be 4 months for me. Right now-my hair is well behaving.

I am doing a 5 month stretch, LOL we were both talking about it and now we both changed our mines. I said next time, but due to the weather I had to move it.

I am doing a 5 month stretch, LOL we were both talking about it and now we both changed our mines. I said next time, but due to the weather I had to move it.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I just laughed when I read your reply. March is within reach and FEB is to early to relax. May is so far. Luckily my hair is still managable. Thanking my 2 new products Matrix Conditioning Balm and Suave Sleek conditioner.

My NG was so dry, I might have to start cowashing more. Especially since I start working out more.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I just laughed when I read your reply. March is within reach and FEB is to early to relax. May is so far. Luckily my hair is still managable. Thanking my 2 new products Matrix Conditioning Balm and Suave Sleek conditioner.

My NG was so dry, I might have to start cowashing more. Especially since I start working out more.

I noticed my hair was feeling weird the other day dry and hard, guess what I didn't rinse out the conditioner and I dryed it under the hair dryer, SOOOO this time I rinsed extra and no problems I feel like punching myself, being so quick.

Well if Feb is too early nix that, March will be 5 months for me, so we can both shoot for March if that is 4 months and your comfortable.

Back