BSL 2010 Challenge

Co-washed today with Mane and Tail then V05. Liked that alot! DC'd with a mixture of stuff: Elasta QP DPR 11, Elasta QP Mango Butter, EVOO, Honey, Silk Elements and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I went crazy today. Stayed under the dryer for 40 minutes. May hair feels super good! I can't believe I did it. My natural hair loves the moisturizing conditioners. I thought it would be mushy but it's not. I guess the little protein in some of these conditioners are balancing everything out.

i installed crochet braids last tuesday in an effort to stick to my personal HYH challenge...hopefully i can keep my hair under wraps (and keep my mind off it) till my 2 year curly/kinkyversary on june 13th. i was unsure of how the color combo was gonna turn out, but i have gotten lots of compliments on not only the color and size of the curls (i got water wave like everyone else), but even a few requests from people for me to do theirs, so i guess they must look pretty good! (i promise, pictures are coming!)

in addition, i have only used heat ONCE in 2010, and that was on tuesday when i blow dried my hair before getting it cornrowed. had i not, my cousin would have ripped through it with her crazy self, and we ain't havin' that. lol

still trying to make it to BSL by june 13th...even if it's only for a hot minute before my stylist trims me back to APL, i will still be able to say i made it!

ETA: here is a pic of my crochet braids...i usually wear a scarf or wide headband around the front (still recovering from my car accident in december, so i don't really go places where it matters LOL) but sometimes i rock it just like this. excuse me lookin tired...i kinda am...lol

Snapshot_20100222-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Im still hanging in there. As long as I dont cut I'll def be there by december like I planned. Still trying to handle my grown issues though.

i installed crochet braids last tuesday in an effort to stick to my personal HYH challenge...hopefully i can keep my hair under wraps (and keep my mind off it) till my 2 year curly/kinkyversary on june 13th. i was unsure of how the color combo was gonna turn out, but i have gotten lots of compliments on not only the color and size of the curls (i got water wave like everyone else), but even a few requests from people for me to do theirs, so i guess they must look pretty good! (i promise, pictures are coming!)

in addition, i have only used heat ONCE in 2010, and that was on tuesday when i blow dried my hair before getting it cornrowed. had i not, my cousin would have ripped through it with her crazy self, and we ain't havin' that. lol

still trying to make it to BSL by june 13th...even if it's only for a hot minute before my stylist trims me back to APL, i will still be able to say i made it!

ETA: here is a pic of my crochet braids...i usually wear a scarf or wide headband around the front (still recovering from my car accident in december, so i don't really go places where it matters LOL) but sometimes i rock it just like this. excuse me lookin tired...i kinda am...lol

Snapshot_20100222-vi.jpg

WOW-your hair is pretty. I really like the curls.

Lazy this weekend-the only thing I did to my hair was moisturize it. However today Im going to DC on dry hair with Matrix Conditioning Balm and sit under my heat cap.

Im 12 weeks woohoo. My NG is still managable, so far so good.

I've applied MT mixed w castor and wheat germ oil everynight this week so I needed to clarify w ORS creamy aloe shampoo. Slathered on some more wheat germ oil to the length of my hair along with Joico intense reconstructer, let that sit for 10 min and then rinsed with luke warm water. DCed for 3 hrs w/o heat with Matrix BIolage hydrating balm. Applied my leave ins and air dried in a braded ponytail. Turned out well, will probably do the same this week.

I washed / DCed my hair today and it's in twists. I think I am going to do a big cornrow style til my next wash. I undid my braid in the shower and pulled my natural hair ... to about 1.5 inches past my armpit! I'm halfway from APL to BSL! I was so happy! Now I don't have to give up hope for MBL before 2011!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Snapshot_20100222-vi.jpg

Your crochet install is beautiful, looks very natural to me, wow, you did a great job. :D

Okay, here's a pic of my tree braids (as inspired by DSD), plus a necklace my son made in preschool yesterday. So this is my protective style for now. I'm hoping to be even closer to BSL when I take them out.

Attachments

• metree.JPG
    metree.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 15
Hello ladies, I think I lot some hair in the last few weeks, coming from trying to a new shampoo, nexxus something horrible.....hair tangled really bad, a lot of knots, I think the 2 inches I had gain nov-feb I lost, but I went for a sew in last week friday, she braided it to tight so I had to take it done.....so I still have the braids in, and I think I will get somebody else to redo my sew in next week friday for my party or I will get a wig....still up in the air about that....next length check is, easter.....or maybe later.....if not April late June

Checking in, I prepooed with Amla oil today. Now I'm sitting here with cond. and the second half of my tea rinse. I'll use my homemade sulfur mixture once it airdries.

Checking in...I've been bunning it for the last week. I'm keeping lots of virgin coconut oil in it and that's really helping me with my ng and I don't have many splits.
At the end/beginning of the year, I had lots of shedding, so within a month and a half, I did protein treatments every 2-3 weeks. I stopped that, because my shedding is now minimal (and er..ummm...because the directions say every 4-6 weeks, lol!)
I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm actually transitioning or a long-term stretcher. I've cut my washes down to once a week now because of detangling and the hassle of dealing with 2 textures - low manipulation. It's just easier to maintain this way..

Hey ladies, I just finished a length check and I'm pretty close! My bra is very low, so I may already be BSL. I'll wear my bra properly tomorrow and take another pic. Either way, I'll be here until I'm FULL BSL - probably another 6-8 weeks.

picture.php

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I just finished a length check and I'm pretty close! My bra is very low, so I may already be BSL. I'll wear my bra properly tomorrow and take another pic. Either way, I'll be here until I'm FULL BSL - probably another 6-8 weeks.

picture.php

Yes you are suuuuper close. Congrats.

Dang girl! Your hair grew super long in four months. What's your reggie? Or does your hair always grow fast?

Hey ladies, I just finished a length check and I'm pretty close! My bra is very low, so I may already be BSL.
picture.php

YOWSERS!!! Your hair is so pretty!!!! Thanks for the update, I agree with Reecie, you seem to be a fast grower and what ever you are doing to retain- you are doing it well! :yep:

Dang girl! Your hair grew super long in four months. What's your reggie? Or does your hair always grow fast?

I thought I had average hair growth before finding this forum, but maybe it is a little faster than average. It grows about 3/4" (0.75") per month. Maybe a little more in the summer. It grew from collarbone to bsl in 8 months. I've been transitioning to natural for 9 months.

My reggie is simple - cowash 2x/wk, DC 1 or 2x/wk. I don't use shampoo at all. Other than various oils, I don't use any other products.

I BKT'd in November, and then again last night. It helps with detangling, which leads to good retention. I try to keep my hair as straight as possible at all times. It doesn't like curls, braid-outs, twist-outs, etc. All those "styles" lead to tangles, so I just wear it in a bun or straight down. I don't "bump" my ends, either. That leads to breakage and split ends.

^^^Thanks, I loooove me some Coach! Their products are sturdy, so for the length of time I can wear my Coach bags/shoes/boots, they are quite inexpensive. My Mom had a Coach bag for 20 years before the strap broke! She could have gone through 50 cheapie purses in the same amount of time.

^^^Thanks, I loooove me some Coach! Their products are sturdy, so for the length of time I can wear my Coach bags/shoes/boots, they are quite inexpensive. My Mom had a Coach bag for 20 years before the strap broke! She could have gone through 50 cheapie purses in the same amount of time.

LOvely Hair, youre already BSL! love the coach phone cover too :yep:. i'm feeling positive about making BSL this year now, thought i'd make in december but brought that forward to october

I just made APL 2+ months early! I am hoping to be BSL by December 2010! Bunning and vitamins are really helping! See siggy pic...

Hey ladies! :hiya:

I just got done with a twist-out. I plan on DCing overnight (on dry hair) and doing a rollerset in the morning.

DSC02492.jpg

Photoon2010-02-25at16184.gif

Photoon2010-02-25at16185.jpg

Photoon2010-02-25at1619.gif

Close-up of highlights:

DSC02487.jpg

Last edited:
Hey ladies! :hiya:

I just got done with a twist-out. I plan on DCing overnight (on dry hair) and doing a rollerset in the morning.

DSC02492.jpg

Photoon2010-02-25at16184.gif

Photoon2010-02-25at16185.jpg

Photoon2010-02-25at1619.gif

Close-up of highlights:​

DSC02487.jpg

Reecie, your twist out is pretty and so full. Your hair is really thriving. Way to go!!!

Back