BSL 2010 Challenge

I didn't do my normal wash this weekend, I am waiting until Wednesday since I am having a relaxer put in on Saturday. I want it to be product free. I have to put all my treatments in then. :)

Otherwise I have been under my bonnet at home and when I go out I have my LF on.

I really want to keep my styles Lo-Maintenance this 4 month period and I presume the next relaxer quad months as well till the end of the year. I really have no desire (never really have) to wear my own hair for long periods of time, one to two weeks the most. :)

Just finished washing with Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo. My usual is Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo but I just ran out. :sad: I'm getting ready to dc with Elastic QP mixed with honey, evoo, peppermint oil and Neutrogena Triple Moisturizing Conditioner. My dc will be on for about 30 minutes w/heat and about 45 minutes w/o heat. I'll rinse and followup with Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner for about 10 minutes. A recommendation I considered after reading a post from JJamiah. Thanks! :yep: I love the way it detangles my hair. It works great since I'm a tendered headed natural. Then I'll swoop it up in my normal wet-n-wair hair do.

Last edited:
I'm going to do the Aphogee 2 step after I rinse this conditioner out of my hair and shampoo.

I'll follow the 2 step with Motions moisture plus under the dryer for 25 minutes then I'll put my hair in 2 braids and wear it like that for the rest of the week.

Just finished washing with Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo. My usual is Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo but I just ran out. :sad: I'm getting ready to dc with Elastic QP mixed with honey, evoo, peppermint oil and Neutrogena Triple Moisturizing Conditioner. My dc will be on for about 30 minutes w/heat and about 45 minutes w/o heat. I'll rinse and followup with Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner for about 10 minutes. A recommendation I considered after reading a post from JJamiah. Thanks! :yep: I love the way it detangles my hair. It works great since I'm a tendered headed natural. Then I'll swoop it up in my normal wet-n-wair hair do.

Your welcome :)! I love that stuff it is definitely worth it. I get the slip I need and the conditioning I so strongly desire!

I'm going to do the Aphogee 2 step after I rinse this conditioner out of my hair and shampoo.

I'll follow the 2 step with Motions moisture plus under the dryer for 25 minutes then I'll put my hair in 2 braids and wear it like that for the rest of the week.

You ladies are making want to go and do it now, instead of Wednesday.

Sounds soooo fun, I am anxious for Wednesday to come! :lick::lick:

Last edited:

I have been wearing my hair like this for 2 days and I am liking it. I throw a wig on when I go out though....

I have been wearing my hair like this for 2 days and I am liking it. I throw a wig on when I go out though....

It keeps my hair so soft and moisturized, I love the way it feels.

I don't have a wig yet, tried to order online but they ran out of the one I wanted. I'll try again next week.

Did my weekly wash yesterday, really didn't feel like doing anything special this weekend cause it was freezing cold outside; so, I pooed with Creme of Nature, and put Paul Mitchell detangling moisturizer in, detangled, followed up with an aloe moisturizer on my ends, and baggied all day and night.

I didn't wash the con out, I only do that when I am doing certain cons or feel like I have too much product in my hair. I just let it air dry a bit today and brushed my edges down with my Denman.

I forgot to come back and share my starting pic. It's in my siggy from the end of December. I'm still going strong with my buns, deep conditioning, and vitamins. I just need to figure out how to combat the dryness on my ends.

Wash day today! Pre-pooed, washed, and DC'ed under the dryer. Rollerset and sitting under the dryer again for it to dry.

Hi Ladies!!

Well.... I deep conditioned on dry hair overnight with AOHSR and EVOO. Can I tell you that I might NEVER go back to DCing with heat? DCing overnight makes my hair feel amazingly silky (and I'm 10 weeks post!). I swear, with my combination of bunning since Oct and overnight DCing...my hair is the softest and healthiest it has EVER felt!!:grin:

I'm just got out of the shower and I can literally run my fingers through my hair right now as it is airdrying with NO snaggles. :love:

I will be relaxing next Tuesday and CANT WAIT.... I posted previously that at 6 weeks post I already had an inch of new growth, so I will be excited to post my results. Right now my hair is airdrying and will go back into my double bun! I'm really starting to like my bun, I find it sexy... which I thought I could only do with my hair down. :kiss3:

Today I did my first protein treatment with Aphogee 2-step. I detangled with Suave Naturals, used Dr Bronner's castile soap to wash, put on the Aphogee, rinsed, and am now DCing overnight with AOWC (<~my new love - don't tell bf, lol).

I can tell I've retained most of my growth since early December when I became APL. If my stretched estimations are correct, I've gotten almost an inch since then! Even so, I'm tweaking my regimen. I never hardcore PS. I always do low mani styles and wear my hair out/down/ponytail. But, I had some breakage today (not much, just about 10 pcs while I was pre-pooing), which inspired me to begin bunning daily except Saturdays.

The cool thing about realizing I had breakage was that it was out of the norm rather than normal for me. My hair used to break off all the time before my HHJ, and I thought this was normal! Now it hardly ever breaks, so I actually notice when it happens. Plus, now that I'm on LHCF, I know to do a protein treatment to help with the breakage. :)

Ladies I couldn't wait until Wednesday!:lachen:

• I washed today with Ion Clarifying shampoo and put baking soda in it, I did 2 washes with this.
  • use one shampoo of hair one
  • APhogee 2 step under the dryer for about 30 minutes
  • Mixture of Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer/Porosity Control/Aussie 3 minute which I am sitting under a cap now for 1 hour :) I had to open a new cap I ripped the other one in several places :(
  • I will dry under hooded dryer
  • flip it up and call it a day until Saturday

I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow.. so excited! i need a new style because this weave is making my edges break off.. I think it's because of my headbands that I wear so I don't have to keep flat ironing the front

Checking in. I've been bunning since Saturday after my clarifying wash & overnight DC...too lazy to braid or twist it up :)

I finally started my post pregnancy shed. So I lost quite a bit of hair during my wash.
Que sera sera...I'll see how it goes in the next few weeks...

Hi Ladies!!

Well.... I deep conditioned on dry hair overnight with AOHSR and EVOO. Can I tell you that I might NEVER go back to DCing with heat? DCing overnight makes my hair feel amazingly silky (and I'm 10 weeks post!). I swear, with my combination of bunning since Oct and overnight DCing...my hair is the softest and healthiest it has EVER felt!!:grin:

I'm just got out of the shower and I can literally run my fingers through my hair right now as it is airdrying with NO snaggles. :love:

I will be relaxing next Tuesday and CANT WAIT.... I posted previously that at 6 weeks post I already had an inch of new growth, so I will be excited to post my results. Right now my hair is airdrying and will go back into my double bun! I'm really starting to like my bun, I find it sexy... which I thought I could only do with my hair down. :kiss3:

Must try. I ran out of AOHSR and never replaced it. I love DC overnight. It's such a timesaver for me.

On a side note, I went to the shop on Friday and got my hair flatironed. I'm 28 weeks today and after Friday's appt, I have decided to relax again in the near future. I'm losing alot of hair and honestly can't get any type of regimen going that works well for me. I do think I am a stretcher for life. I never would have thought, I could go this long. I plan on getting it braided in the next couple of weeks and then relax in late March or so. Attached are my most recent pic. Pic #1: New Growth Shot & Pic #2: Length shot. Please let me know if that red line looks like BSL for me. Thanks!

P.S. I so colored those grey hairs, got a black rinse.

Attachments

• newgrowth.jpg
    newgrowth.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 20
  • jan_measure.JPG
    jan_measure.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 26
Checking in. I grew about an inch in January! I have been wearing braidouts and a bun. I think the vitamins are helping as well. Will be textlaxing roots in about two weeks.

Last edited:
Ladies I couldn't wait until Wednesday!:lachen:

• I washed today with Ion Clarifying shampoo and put baking soda in it, I did 2 washes with this.
  • use one shampoo of hair one
  • APhogee 2 step under the dryer for about 30 minutes
  • Mixture of Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer/Porosity Control/Aussie 3 minute which I am sitting under a cap now for 1 hour :) I had to open a new cap I ripped the other one in several places :(
  • I will dry under hooded dryer
  • flip it up and call it a day until Saturday

My hair is soooooo moisturized even though I know there was some protein overload, I added more moisture afterwards. NTM Leave IN!

Oh, I never did this, so here we go (guess I have to update all my challenge threads)

Regimen: Shampoo once a week, preferably with an organic/natural shampoo
Deep condition once a week, alternating between protein and moisture as needed.
Co-wash 2-3 times a week
Moisturize, seal, and baggie daily
Apply Mega-Tek to scalp daily

Protective styles every day - Buns, wigs, half-wigs
12-15-week texlaxer stretch

Products your using: Aussie, AO, NTM Triple Moisture, HR LTR

Starting Hair Length: Just about APL

Goal Month: June/July 2010

Pics for starting goal:
IMG00060201002010448-vi.jpg

Must try. I ran out of AOHSR and never replaced it. I love DC overnight. It's such a timesaver for me.

On a side note, I went to the shop on Friday and got my hair flatironed. I'm 28 weeks today and after Friday's appt, I have decided to relax again in the near future. I'm losing alot of hair and honestly can't get any type of regimen going that works well for me. I do think I am a stretcher for life. I never would have thought, I could go this long. I plan on getting it braided in the next couple of weeks and then relax in late March or so. Attached are my most recent pic. Pic #1: New Growth Shot & Pic #2: Length shot. Please let me know if that red line looks like BSL for me. Thanks!

P.S. I so colored those grey hairs, got a black rinse.

DCing on dry hair is the business and probably helped get you to 28 weeks post..which is a lot of NG BTW. Can't wait to see your results in late March, and YES, the red line looks to be BSL for you... about 2.5 - 3 inches away? :perplexed

Still keeping it SIMPLE ladies:yep: Bunning and Bagging with JBCO and weekly washing and conditioning. I am 5ft.7in. and 3 inches away from BSL!:grin:

I shampooed with a Chagrin Bar (I won't ever use them again), DC'ed, and now I'm air drying in braids

Just got my hair done and I'm excited about my progress. I think I may be BSL with my hair straightened. :drunk: It's in spiral curls in this pic...in my attempt to get body. I'll post straight pics this weekend.

2-3-10.jpg

Just got my hair done and I'm excited about my progress. I think I may be BSL with my hair straightened. :drunk: It's in spiral curls in this pic...in my attempt to get body. I'll post straight pics this weekend.

2-3-10.jpg

Very Nice, I love the curls!

I pray the Snow will wait until the Mid of next week so I can go get my relaxer, Trim and I am up in the air right now about color!

Back