BSL 2010 Challenge

Awww Imma get you a pic soon. I combed it out b4 I M&S, cause tomorrow is wash day. So now its not much of anything.....

Girl, you KNOW I'm counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds for them to restock those steamers! I gots my name on one of those babies!:lick:

am waiting till the following week when I should have my Steamer and I will put it in myself with some Steamer action and see if it last longer. :)

Ladies how many of you are doing protective styling for the summer? how do you wear you hair in the summer?

I am thinking I'd do my half wigs for the whole summer, or my lace fronts, I am into Protective styling, I usually use to wear PHONY PONY here PHONY PONY there PHONY Pony Every Where.

FUNNY JOKE, My cousin was talking with me. we got on to the subject of my hair and why I cut it, she goes I know you cut your hair because it was so damaged, I was like My hair has been damaged one time in my life and that was 15 years ago, I colored it to death, I said this time my hair was MBL/WL and I cut it for stupid reasons (made the hubby mad) then she said oh, your ends were horribe, I Was like that wasn't my hair it was my yaky pony tail, LOL! and It was frizzy Brand new out the pack not damaged!!!!!! I laughed. I had to think I rarely wear my hair out, and I have been like this for a few years! (since they came OUT WITH PHONY PONY PULL STRINGS AND COMBS)

I am going to be relaxing Feb. 6, I do my pre-Relaxer Treatment this weekend. I will not be taking pre-pics of my hair. I am hoping we can all do a June 2010 pic for our half year mark, which I will also update my Fotki.

I think I will not get my rinse this time, I am waiting till the following week when I should have my Steamer and I will put it in myself with some Steamer action and see if it last longer. :)

I'm in the braid challenge so I will be in braids for the summer, I've been doing natural box braids and I'm bored with this already. Been thinking about having some braids installed this summer with human hair, just to have a lil change.

I'm down to post a length check in june, I just won't be getting my whole head done because of the other challenges I'm in.

Girl, I'm praying for BSL or MBL by the end of this year. I want to shut down a lot of naysayers. One of the reasons I joined the braid challenge so nobody would see my length.

Checking in: I'm still rocking my yarn braids moisturizing daily to every other day and spraying with Chi Keratin mist. I keep them in a satin cap during the day when I'm lounging and when I sleep.

I've been wearing wigs and half wigs while out, and a scarf or bonnet while at home. Underneath, my hair is in a bun and baggy about 95% of the time. I've been consistent with my vits (Maxi-Hair) for the most part, and I've been eating healthier and exercising more frequently. I've also been applying MT on my scalp every night. Right now, my hair feels so much thicker and stronger all around! I stretched it the other day and it seemed to have grown alot. My new growth is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Girl, you KNOW I'm counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds for them to restock those steamers! I gots my name on one of those babies!:lick:

LOL, I am counting down the days too, I chanted the New Years count down to my husband :lachen:

I'm in the braid challenge so I will be in braids for the summer, I've been doing natural box braids and I'm bored with this already. Been thinking about having some braids installed this summer with human hair, just to have a lil change.

I'm down to post a length check in june, I just won't be getting my whole head done because of the other challenges I'm in.

Girl, I'm praying for BSL or MBL by the end of this year. I want to shut down a lot of naysayers. One of the reasons I joined the braid challenge so nobody would see my length.

I am also trying to hide my hair, I have been wearing my lace fronts. I am hoping MBL comes by December :)

Hey Ladies, just wondering, how many inches is your hair now, and how many inches do you need to be BSL?

can you all post where you are and what inches you need to be for Bsl?

Thank you Renibell!
i hadn't ever really thought about that before, but last night i got out the measuring tape!

hubby told me that my longest length (i held the measuring tape at the top of my forehead) is 17 inches and to get to my bra strap is 24 inches, so i guess that means i need 7 inches!

:blush: yikes! that sounds like alot!:sad:

lately since i've totally revamped my regimine, i have seen around an inch of new growth a month, so IF my hair continues to do that consistenly (maybe it would be better to say IF i continue to do all of the things i've been doing for my hair to be in shape, consistently:perplexed), i should be bsl by the end of august early september 2010.:yep:

noetheless, i'm glad this is on until december 2010, because i think i could use the extra months!:grin:

HHG ladies!

:blush:
Thank you Renibell!
i hadn't ever really thought about that before, but last night i got out the measuring tape!

hubby told me that my longest length (i held the measuring tape at the top of my forehead) is 17 inches and to get to my bra strap is 24 inches, so i guess that means i need 7 inches!

:blush: yikes! that sounds like alot!:sad:

lately since i've totally revamped my regimine, i have seen around an inch of new growth a month, so IF my hair continues to do that consistenly (maybe it would be better to say IF i continue to do all of the things i've been doing for my hair to be in shape, consistently:perplexed), i should be bsl by the end of august early september 2010.:yep:

noetheless, i'm glad this is on until december 2010, because i think i could use the extra months!:grin:

HHG ladies!

wow!!! :blush:17inches is a lot did. i didnt measure from fore head to apl, i just took some hair and put the tape against it from my scalp till the end of the hair.did that in the back, middle and front. are you really tall grow? i though apl was like 12inches on most ladies on average?
on a different note, what are you doing to get an inch a month girl!!! i want some of that. i got an inch in 6weeks recently but i'n not sure yet if that was a flute growth spurt, have to see. please share some secrets:yep:

I've been wearing wigs and half wigs while out, and a scarf or bonnet while at home. Underneath, my hair is in a bun and baggy about 95% of the time. I've been consistent with my vits (Maxi-Hair) for the most part, and I've been eating healthier and exercising more frequently. I've also been applying MT on my scalp every night. Right now, my hair feels so much thicker and stronger all around! I stretched it the other day and it seemed to have grown alot. My new growth is ridiculous!

Jade how long have you been taking the Mxi-hair for?

My hubby just measured my hair and the back measured at 8.5. He also measured my ends to where I would need to be at bsl and it was 4.25. BSL for me would be a total of 12.75 inches. I thought I had a longer torso. Turns out, I don't.... He said I have a long neck. Hmmmm... I guess I'll still keep him after that comment. Anyway, I'm going to need time through to the end of December, 2010 to reach my goal.

that sounds about average, most of us seem to need just 4.5inches to make it to BSL. that doesnt sound lke a lot but who knows.

anymore ladies tried measuring their hair?

that sounds about average, most of us seem to need just 4.5inches to make it to BSL. that doesnt sound lke a lot but who knows.

anymore ladies tried measuring their hair?

I measured from my nape and I'm right at 4 inches, I would need about 5 more inches for BSL, I'm 5'5.

Hey Ladies, just wondering, how many inches is your hair now, and how many inches do you need to be BSL?
I'm currently 10.5inches
and i think BSL is 14.5 inches on me. so i need just 4.5 inches, seems so little doesnt it? but its going to take ages thanks to my slow growth.
can you all post where you are and what inches you need to be for Bsl?

...how many inches is your hair now, and how many inches do you need to be BSL? i'm at 4.5 inches and i need to be at 9 to be BSL

my latest pic is in my signature on the bottom. i also added a bigger photo
LENGTHCHECK_edited2-vi.jpg

...how many inches is your hair now, and how many inches do you need to be BSL? i'm at 4.5 inches and i need to be at 9 to be BSL

everyone seems to measure differently, i actaully pull the hair away from my scalp and measure it from root to tip but i tried this way and i got 6 inches now and 10 for bsl so its still 4inches to bsl. both ways give`the same`difference of 4-5inches(assuming one is APl that is) i think this is good cause if we dont make it we realise we didnt even get 4-5 inches this year, and there might e some retention issues cause i'n sure everyone gets that :perplexed

by the way, your progress from oct to jan is amazing, you've got some fast growth:yep:

I just massaged my scalp with Shikakai and Castor oil. I'm not sure what length I am now, but I believe I have about 5 inches to go to make BSL.

I just massaged my scalp with Shikakai and Castor oil. I'm not sure what length I am now, but I believe I have about 5 inches to go to make BSL.

I would love to get my message game on, I messaged once this year so far :( bad I know. I would love to try to get it in 1 to 2 times a month.

I am just keeping my hair under cover at the moment.

I would really like to know what you ladies are doing with your hair for the Summer? or what have you done during your Journey?

That could give others Ideas on what to do, I usually do Phony Pony's and Half wigs.

I would love to get my message game on, I messaged once this year so far :( bad I know. I would love to try to get it in 1 to 2 times a month.

I am just keeping my hair under cover at the moment.

I would really like to know what you ladies are doing with your hair for the Summer? or what have you done during your Journey?

That could give others Ideas on what to do, I usually do Phony Pony's and Half wigs.

It gets soooo humid here, I think I'll be doing my usual summer routine of daily cowashing and airdrying in a pony. I would like to also master the art of the braid out for days when I want to wear it down. :yep:

Here are update pics...I relaxed last Wed at 15-weeks post...the first pic was taken last week while my hair was still wet...the second pic was taken today on dry hair...my hair isn't bone straight all over so I flat ironed :perplexed that piece to do a length check...when it warms up, I'm gonna try cowashing to see how my hair likes it.

what's my length?

Attachments

• DSC00889.JPG
    DSC00889.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00893.jpg
    DSC00893.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 34
I just washed my hair with Joico Clinicure and applied Redken Extreme. I am now air drying in a bun.

This summer I will probably rock braid outs and attempt half wigs. I hope to be BSL by August :rolleyes: and mid back length by December 31, 2010 11:59 pm.:grin:

When i checked earlier in the month i needed 5 inches to make BSL and 2 inches to make APL, i'm in plaits right now and i probably wont straighten before Valentine's so i'll do a proper length check then.

Here are update pics...I relaxed last Wed at 15-weeks post...the first pic was taken last week while my hair was still wet...the second pic was taken today on dry hair...my hair isn't bone straight all over so I flat ironed :perplexed that piece to do a length check...when it warms up, I'm gonna try cowashing to see how my hair likes it.

what's my length?[/QUOTE]

Looks like you need to change your siggy status from SL to APL.:yep:

what's my length?

youre APL:yep:

So I've been using a chelating/clarifying poo (yeah it does both things) every 4 weeks. I figured I needed to chelate because I used to use the no-lye relaxer (switched to lye in November). Do you ladies think I'll harm my hair by continuing to use the chelating poo 1x per month even though I've switched relaxers? It also clarifies so I use it for that purpose. TIA

Back