BSL 2010 Challenge

hi NELLI04,

i, too am sorry to hear about that breakage. i have my battles with it as well:wallbash:

since you said it's longer in the front and shorter in the back, and i'm supposing you'd like to just grow it all out, instead of a bc, you might want to try a layered bob look.

i find the bobs which are higher (shorter) in the back with longer wisps in the front, framing the face and neck, to be very flattering.

that's a "look" you might try so that your hair still looks styled while growing out the back....

HTH&HHG!:grin:

Ok at the moment I am doing a dry DC using coconut oil, honey, CON purple, and 2 min ApHogee.
I guess I will wash it with ApHogee poo, do my tea rinse, and soften it up again with my Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner, oh yea and my FSP for the final rinse.

I'm finally doing yarn braids! I bunned for like a week or two weeks straight. It was cool but I've been drooling over those braids so I'm starting them tonight. I gotta finish by tomorrow night though. Wish me luck.

Checking in: Still rocking my yarn braids. I washed and dc'd them last night an almost ended up with a neck injury. These things get really heavy when wet. When they finally dry I will go back to spritzing daily with my mixture of water and V05.

I'm in a yarn braid craze now. I blame recent threads so would love to see pictures of those here.

I'm in headscarves right now but maybe do yarn braids either in march or april so they'll still be good for my trip in May.

My hair seems to be stagnant right now but once summer comes around hopefully that'll change.

I'm in a yarn braid craze now. I blame recent threads so would love to see pictures of those here.

I'm in headscarves right now but maybe do yarn braids either in march or april so they'll still be good for my trip in May.

My hair seems to be stagnant right now but once summer comes around hopefully that'll change.

My pics are in my fotki under my 2010 folder.

Checking in.... I'm currently prepooing with EVOO and Burt's Bees Avocado. Afterwards, I'll wash with Keracare Hydrating/Detangling and DC with AOHSR.

I will airdry and put back into my double bun!

hi NELLI04,

i, too am sorry to hear about that breakage. i have my battles with it as well:wallbash:

since you said it's longer in the front and shorter in the back, and i'm supposing you'd like to just grow it all out, instead of a bc, you might want to try a layered bob look.

i find the bobs which are higher (shorter) in the back with longer wisps in the front, framing the face and neck, to be very flattering.

that's a "look" you might try so that your hair still looks styled while growing out the back....

HTH&HHG!:grin:

Thanks, that's what I might do...I have bangs in the front, that's the only factor keeping me from officially deciding to do it.

still battling breakage...some of my hair is SL now in the back...and the front is still past APL...u think I should just get a hair cut?? where its longer in the front and shorter in the back and just start fresh???

Sorry to hear about your breakage. I would try to address the breakage problem before I resorted to cutting.

Checking in, I have been cowashingand wear my hair pinned up. Still experimenting with The sulfur mixed in with my Ayurveda oils.

Tonight is my DC night, I do it 2x wk. I decided to do a homemade steam treatment and I love the way my hair feels, I use to do this about 2yrs ago and stopped, don't really know why, think I'm going to start doing this every 2 wks now, it' definately won't hurt especially in the winter weather.

Thanks, that's what I might do...I have bangs in the front, that's the only factor keeping me from officially deciding to do it.

hi Nelli04! they can do that "look" even with your bangs in the front!:grin:

all they have to do is keep the sides long and forward swept.

not that it's the best picture on the web, but i recently saw a picture of katie holmes' new bob and it illustrates the idea very well......

good luck!

I guess I will wash it with ApHogee poo, do my tea rinse, and soften it up again with my Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner, oh yea and my FSP for the final rinse.

hi Ms_b_haven!

which tea rinse do you use? oh, and also, please explain more about the FSP for the final rinse.....

thanks!!

My hair has been twisted in mini twists since Sunday. I'm keeping my hair in a high bun until I take down my twists next week (longer if I can!) ...then i'll rock a twist out for a day or 2 or 3 :) and start the process all over again.

Gave myself a slight trim to get rid of some nasty ends. Trying my best to find a winter moisturizer because nothing seems to be working.

I've been meaning to join for a while!

1. Regimen: Scalp wash once a week & conditioner, leave in co, oil and bun. I will flat iron once a month for length checks.
  2. Products your using: Various shampoo bars, coconut oil, and Aussi moist conditioner
  3. Starting Hair Length: APL
  4. Goal Month: Aug 2010 around 4 or five more inches for me to get past my bra strap... darn huge strap!
  5. Pics for starting goal-
    image.php

I washed today cause my head was itching like crazy. I just did like 14 plaits when i was done and put them up in a bun. I may blowout my roots and get some cornrows tomorrow, we'll see.

I can't wait until my June 2010 Length Check, I am so excited, and I just can't hide it (well I am protective styling) I am about to lose control and I think I like it! ( I know I like it)

I am washing my hair tomorrow, Hair one, conditioning with Hair one and using Aussie Moist for my deep conditioner. I am going under the dryer for about 15 minutes and getting it basically dry. Dry Wrap and put on my lace front for the weekend!

:)

I simply washed and conditioned my hair today.

Does anyone here use Aphogee 2-Min. Reconstructor on their hair once a week?

I do but I have to dc for about 2 hours (with the last 30 minutes with indirect heat) directly after I use the 2-min reconstructor. It makes my hair a little hard after I rinse but the dc softens it up a little.

hi Ms_b_haven!

which tea rinse do you use? oh, and also, please explain more about the FSP for the final rinse.....

thanks!!

I make an Amla and Brahmi tea for my hair on wash days.

FSP=French Stablizer Plus is basically a cheaper version of Roux. Close the cuticles.

HTH....

Wash day today. So looking forward to clarifying with ACV. I've been putting a lot on my scalp this past week. Can't wait til I get my steamer. Oh, and I should be receiving BT any day now (not holding my breath tho). AND, I'm finally going to have a chance to try Silicon Mix today.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today.

Back