BSL 2010 Challenge

Used the Redken Smooth Down condish for last night's cowash and my hair is loving me for it! I didn't use any oils or other products afterward and today, my hair still feels very soft and moisturized. This stuff is a keeper.

Yeah, I bought both the Ultra moisturizing and the regular kind. Im thinking I should have gotton the olive oil one. I think all DCs should come in sample sizes. I only wasted 4 bucks for two.

They have the sample sizes. I am sorry it didn't work for you. I don't like to waste any money 1 penny even so I feel yah on the waste part. I never tried the Cholesterol kind I was very interested in trying it.

I finished my yarn braids last night. OMG it took forever, but I love them. I won't be taking these down for at least 2 to 3 months. I'm just gonna redo the front edges every 3 weeks to a month. When I do take them down, I plan letting my hair rest for a few weeks and then do my touch up. Hopefully I will be BSL then.

Here are the pics.
http://public.fotki.com/kbaw/2010/protective-and-low-/yarn-braidsgenie-locs/

They turned out really cute. I especially like the twisted updo.

Used the Redken Smooth Down condish for last night's cowash and my hair is loving me for it! I didn't use any oils or other products afterward and today, my hair still feels very soft and moisturized. This stuff is a keeper.

Are you referring you the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, I hope I get the same results. I bought some yesterday too.

Tonight I washed w/CON Shampoo (Old Version-Green Label)

Conditioned with Suave Professionals Sleek Conditioner,

Seal with Hairveda Vatika Frosting and oil my scalp with Hairveda Costota Shakikki Oil (sp).

The Suave Professional Sleek Conditioner is great. This was my first time using it and I was instantly impressed. My hair was very smooth, sleek and felt very moisturized. My hair has been really dry, and it seemed like I DC-of how moisturized it felt. This will be apart of my stable. It does what it says on the bottle.

I add a little more on my hair after I rinse out.

Also this stuff was only a 1.50 at the store I bought it from. I wasn't expecting that much smoothness and conditioned from it.

I finished my yarn braids last night. OMG it took forever, but I love them. I won't be taking these down for at least 2 to 3 months. I'm just gonna redo the front edges every 3 weeks to a month. When I do take them down, I plan letting my hair rest for a few weeks and then do my touch up. Hopefully I will be BSL then.

Here are the pics.

WOW, I like it. You did an excellent job. Its very full too.

Here are the pics.

Oh wow! Beautiful! I always wondered what yarn braids were.

I am traveling for work and left my hair bag home. I so freaked out last night because I have no idea where to get anything. So what am I doing - Neutrogena lotion for moisture and seal. I will need to clarify when I get home. Is this insane, will I go bald?

Here are the pics.

Girl your braids are GORGEOUS:yep:, I wish I had these type of skills...

Hi, I'm going to withdraw from this challenge and just focus on making APL this year -- BSL in 2011 for sure. HHG ladies!!

Oh wow! Beautiful! I always wondered what yarn braids were.

I am traveling for work and left my hair bag home. I so freaked out last night because I have no idea where to get anything. So what am I doing - Neutrogena lotion for moisture and seal. I will need to clarify when I get home. Is this insane, will I go bald?

I don't think you will go bald at all. You'll probably just have to wash your hair when you get home from traveling.

I have my hair in 4 cornrows will leave like this until nxt Tuesday and then redo, the braids are hidden by Bali Girl.

I decided to henna my hair today. I got some new conditioners to mix with the henna. We'll see how it turns out. Either than that I've been following my regimen to religiously. My hair is def getting thicker.

I've been adding conditioner to my dry hair every night to keep it moisturized and then I've been rinsing in the shower.

My hair is really loving this. I've been doing it for the last 3 1/2 weeks to combat a dryness problem I had after henna.

I've also been protective styling 24/7 for a while. I have a salon appointment next friday so I hope that I finally made APL. Back in October I think I was about 4 inches from BSL.

I'll post pics next week.

Checking in...washed my hair today...lost lots of hair detangling...I'm gonna wear a bun until I relax next week then go back to wearing a twistout bun...still aiming for BSL by Oct...

Regimen: Crown and Glory: Braid Extensions until I reach BSL stretched
While in Braids: Moisturize with Braid Spray Mix almost everyday and wash scalp two to three times a week.
Out of Braid: Clarify with giovanni green tea, then use a moisturizing shampoo. Then Aphogee 2 min, then two dcs afterward.

Products your using: While in Braids: African Royale Braid Spray or Daily Doctor(old forumla) mixed with Infusium 23 and Aphogee Green Tea.
Giovanni Tea Tree for Scalp shampoo.

Starting Hair Length: SL

Goal Month: June- I CAN DO IT!!!

Pics for starting goal- sorry no digital camera for pic

Yeah, I bought both the Ultra moisturizing and the regular kind. Im thinking I should have gotton the olive oil one. I think all DCs should come in sample sizes. I only wasted 4 bucks for two.

You didn't like the SE Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment? :eek: Do you need help getting it off your hands? :look::lachen:

Sitting her with a baggy on my head, but SO just came and said if I don't have any conditioner on my hair I better not be coming to bed with it on my head:ohwell:.

I'm going to prepoo my hair with Brahmi oil tonight and take my twists down. Then I'll DC tomorrow and probaby do another set of twists. My thing is that I need to be more creative before I become bored. :ohwell:

Yesterday, CW'd and did a braidout. It came out great. I forgot how much I love my braidouts. No heat (specifically, flat iron) until April--I should be able to do it.

You didn't like the SE Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment? :eek: Do you need help getting it off your hands? :look::lachen:

LOL, I love it also! It is my weekly love!

I'm going to prepoo my hair with Brahmi oil tonight and take my twists down. Then I'll DC tomorrow and probaby do another set of twists. My thing is that I need to be more creative before I become bored. :ohwell:

I think this has been the number 1 reason I always cut my hair. I get bored and the grow out process is more exciting. :ohwell: Wierd I know.

Yesterday, CW'd and did a braidout. It came out great. I forgot how much I love my braidouts. No heat (specifically, flat iron) until April--I should be able to do it.

Good job, I tried the braid out and Hated one side, I can't bare thinking I am going to have a nice hair style and then half the head looks great and the other half looks like a rat's nest. HUH, I just wish I could get the results you ladies get, because I want to reduce the heat.... :sad: I am so sad....

Good job, I tried the braid out and Hated one side, I can't bare thinking I am going to have a nice hair style and then half the head looks great and the other half looks like a rat's nest. HUH, I just wish I could get the results you ladies get, because I want to reduce the heat.... :sad: I am so sad....

Practice makes perfect! You have to keep trying until you find out which "strategy" works best for you. Some do box braids, some cornrow, some roll the ends, others don't. Eventually you'll figure out what works best. :yep:

I'm in!

Regimen:

Products your using:

Starting Hair Length: SL nearing APL

Goal Month: June?

Pics for starting goal-
comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back