BSL 2010 Challenge

I since Sunday is wash day I will be doing a deep condish with the NTM Deep recovery mask I bought a wk or so ago. I've been dying to use it.

Since I've started exercising 5 days a wk I cowash 2days and rinse the other 5 days but starting next week I will start cowashing everyday, only because I want to make sure the sweat is not drying out my hair. Thankfully we have been having 70degree weather, once we go down to the 60's I don't know what I'm going to do, cuz that's to freakin cold.[/

:lick: I wish 60 degrees was here in NJ instead of 22 degrees now that is COLD, I figure you in the Florida direction, I am hating right now wanting the warmth, LOL!

No I'm in Los Angeles,..

Just did my weekly wash and sealed with some jbco. My hair feels so soft. This stuff is a def keeper.

Girl, JBCO is my boyfriend. I love love love it, I do my weekly hot oil treatment with JBCO, I apply it on my scalp and length of hair, cap it and sit under dryer for 15mins, soft and supply...

Just washed and dc'd my hair. I am air drying in twists. Need to get braids (extensions) soon to take my mind off of my newest goal- BSL.

Still bunning it up 24/7. I am almost at the 100 day mark for continuous bunning. I can't wait to wear it down at the end of February, when I relax. I am currently at 6 weeks post and am stretching for 11 weeks total. I currently have 1 inch of NG (I measured) and I give credit to my exercise/vitamin regimen. I can't wait to see my results in February. :grin:

Last night I Prepooed with EVOO for 1 hour, shampooed with Keracare Hydrating/Detangling ,and Deep Conditioned for 1 Hour with AOHSR.

My hair went right back into my airdried double bun. I am still moisturizing and sealing 2x a day.

Today I did my double tea rinse, now I'm sitting here with Suave Humectant and Aussie Moist slathered on. I'll rinse air dry and seal with various Ayurvedic oils, Castor oil, and and LTR leave in.

I'm in twists, they'll be in for a week or 2 so until i take them down i'm just moisturizing and massaging daily.

I am getting so antsy. i have only had these twists in a week and really want to make it 2 weeks but i am so used to doing my hair at LEAST once a week...

I flatironed my hair this weekend, nothing major, large sections so I didn't get close but my ends are bad, I can't wait until february 6 to get this mess trimmed. But I made a purchase of $3.00 on HE Long Term Relationship Leave in Conditioner and let me say it made my ends look like I just trimmed them, but I am not great at masking, it will do for the next few weeks until my appt. :)

Checking in: I'm doing yarn braids in my hair. I started Thursday evening and I'm still not finished. I plan on keeping them in for about 2 1/2 to 3 months and just redo the edges. I'm gonna moisturize daily, and wash weekly, and dc.

Now I don't know where my hair is gonna be at the end of the year. I basically started over and trimme my hair to a little below neck length. But my hair is a lot healthier, shinier, and fuller. I plan on keeping extensions in so if I can get an inch a month I can hopefully be grazin bra strap by dec.

i just got braids put in to help me with my 6-month stretch. i hope to keep them until end of March if they can last that long. and i'll get a relaxer in April to see how far away i am from BSL

I have decided that im going through with my 6 month stretch. I know its going to be hard, but its a challenge, that im ready for.

Can someone tell me some products that are good for slip. I been looking at youtube videos and researching on here.

The last time I stretch was for 14 weeks, close to 4 months. I felt I could have went longer.

So far, when im past 8 weeks I use Silicon Mix Leave in, excellent for slip. Im thinking about purchasing some Lacio Lacio or will I be wasting my money.

Basically, I wear my bun 99.9 percent of the time. I go to the hairdresser once a month. To get a flatiron. The only heat I use is when I go to the hairdresser.

I co wash with V05 conditioners and DC weekly and shampoo weekly.

Im six weeks now.

So any products advice.

Last edited:
I have decided that im going through with my 6 month stretch. I know its going to be hard, but its a challenge, that im ready for.

Can someone tell me some products that are good for slip. I been looking at youtube videos and researching on here.

The last time I stretch was for 14 weeks, close to 4 months. I felt I could have went longer.

So far, when im past 8 weeks I use Silicon Mix Leave in, excellent for slip. Im thinking about purchasing some Lacio Lacio or will I be wasting my money.

Basically, I wear my bun 99.9 percent of the time. I go to the hairdresser once a month. To get a flatiron. The only heat I use is when I go to the hairdresser.

I co wash with V05 conditioners and DC weekly and shampoo weekly.

Im six weeks now.

So any products advice.

I actually feel like i can go longer as well. I think next time since I am in dire need of a Cut and I travel far to get it I am getting my relaxer but Next time I think I am going to try to hold out for 6-8 months attempt to self trim, attempt next time.

I use the Argan oil, and deep condition with Silk Elements, and my hair is ubber soft.

I actually feel like i can go longer as well. I think next time since I am in dire need of a Cut and I travel far to get it I am getting my relaxer but Next time I think I am going to try to hold out for 6-8 months attempt to self trim, attempt next time.

I use the Argan oil, and deep condition with Silk Elements, and my hair is ubber soft.

Thats shows all products are not for everyone. I tried the SE and it did nothing for my hair. I used it during my last stretch, my hair did not get soft at all. :perplexed Luckily I only bought the sample size.

Just checking in. I have added co washing with Suave to my reggie and I love it! Still rocking my half wigs. I am already loving the new growth I see since my hair was braided on 12/31. I can't wait to see where I am at the end of the month. My next wash day is Wednesday and it can't come fast enough! I jsut love letting the water run over my cornrows :)

LOL, I told my husband. Wash Day can't come fast enough this week started off not so great so I need my therapy, which is wash day!!!! Wash the week down the drain :)

Yesterday was my wash day. I finally got a chance to use the entire clinicure system. So far I really like it. This was my first wash after my relaxer...Im sooo happy I got some of my fullness back!!!

Thats shows all products are not for everyone. I tried the SE and it did nothing for my hair. I used it during my last stretch, my hair did not get soft at all. :perplexed Luckily I only bought the sample size.

Wow, did you use the one in the Creme tub, I love that one. I bought the one in the green tub but it's not as great as the one in the Creme. I will use the two tubs I have now and only get the Creme Tub, I love it. :lick::lick:

Me neither:nono: It seemed like it just sat on top of my hair and made it hard. I took that mess back to Sally's.

Wow, did you use the one in the Creme tub, I love that one. I bought the one in the green tub but it's not as great as the one in the Creme. I will use the two tubs I have now and only get the Creme Tub, I love it. :lick::lick:

Yeah, I bought both the Ultra moisturizing and the regular kind. Im thinking I should have gotton the olive oil one. I think all DCs should come in sample sizes. I only wasted 4 bucks for two.

Well I went to Trade Secrets today and bought myself some Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat and Matrix Conditioning Balm(I got the big size for half the price, it was on sale 50% off).

Im getting myself ready for this 6 month stretch. I hope these two products work for me. We will see, I heard alot of great reviews on both.

I have a couple of other items in my stash, that I will know work, but they are always swtiching up formula around here, have to search for new things that work.

Hey guys yesterday was wash day and my hair is growing pretty fast from bunning and baggying with JBCO:grin:
I'm on my way to BSL:yep:
This is my starting pic

Attachments

• 000_0049.jpg
    000_0049.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
I'm putting myself on a no-heat challenge until April. The past couple months I've flat ironed my hair a little more than usual. I'm feeling guilty. haha It's currently straight right this moment. I'm going to wash and deep condition tomorrow, and switch back to wearing my braidouts, buns, and twists for the next few months.

Back