BSL 2010 Challenge

I love putting my hair in a donut bun. :yep: it only takes me about 5 minutes to do it now. I wish it weren't so heavy, i'd probably sleep in it..

Morning Ladies!!!
I'm planning on installing my weave today. This will be my PS until President's Week. I will post pics in this thread and the sew-in thread once I'm done....if it comes out good...lol

I'm gonna do some twists in my hair today, that will be it for the next 2 weeks, i'll probably redo them next weekend.

Hello Ladies what do you have planned for the weekend?

I am washing and using up some conditioner trying to rid my closet of the products that have taken the back burner. Will do this tomorrow, laying off the APhogee 2 minute since My hair isn't shedding so I guess I don't need it anymore at this moment so I put it to the side, for now. :)

Still wearing Elise this weekend!!!

I am washing and using up some conditioner trying to rid my closet of the products that have taken the back burner. Will do this tomorrow, laying off the APhogee 2 minute since My hair isn't shedding so I guess I don't need it anymore at this moment so I put it to the side, for now. :)

I did my first protein treatment on my hair today with eggs, mayo, EVOO, and conditioner. My hair feels strong. It was a little dry after I rinsed to I did a moisturizing DC. It's so hard trying to "get to know" my hair. I wish it would talk to me. :look: no really..I do.

I did my first protein treatment on my hair today with eggs, mayo, EVOO, and conditioner. My hair feels strong. It was a little dry after I rinsed to I did a moisturizing DC. It's so hard trying to "get to know" my hair. I wish it would talk to me. :look: no really..I do.

It does though, it is like a silent language you just have to use your eyes and your hands for touching, :)

I actually talk to my hair a little, just for fun, I am like: MY baby dry, you want some moisture, hmmm, you hungry you want some protein" LOL

Yet I am nutts sometimes all in fun though!!!!:drunk::drunk::spinning:

I just washed my hair with the Joico Clinicure system (first time using this). I then sprayed my hair with the Joico Leavin reconstructor and sealed with Poranges mix (shea butter, EVCO and Vitamin E).

It does though, it is like a silent language you just have to use your eyes and your hands for touching, :)

I actually talk to my hair a little, just for fun, I am like: MY baby dry, you want some moisture, hmmm, you hungry you want some protein" LOL

Yet I am nutts sometimes all in fun though!!!!:drunk::drunk::spinning:

:lachen:that made my day

I am going to the salon this weekend. Just wash and have my hair in a protective style. I would love to hit BSL by this summer. I just might. So far so good.:yep:

I joined the MBL 2010 Challenge, but I think I may need to come in here first!

I'm currently transitioning to natural - 8 months in.

My regimen is simple:
cowash 2x/wk
DC 1x/wk
Coconut oil, Castor oil or EVOO daily
Flatiron 2x/month

I don't use any other products.

Protective style 5-7 days/wk

Starting pic (sorry it's so big, can someone pm me re: how to resize?)

picture.php

Today I dc under the steamer with Silicon mix, Motion's CPR, and a little AM for good measure. I'm tweaking my reegie a bit. I'm experimenting with adding Sulfur to my Ayurvedic oils.

I'm actually looking forward to this challenge but wanted to know what you ladies thought about my hair length. I believe I have a ways to go to get to bsl??? I consider myself shoulder length? Do you think so? (You may have to double click on the pic to enlarge it). Check out my pic and let me know.

Attachments

• Shoulder Length.jpg
    Shoulder Length.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
I'm actually looking forward to this challenge but wanted to know what you ladies thought about my hair length. I believe I have a ways to go to get to bsl??? I consider myself shoulder length? Do you think so? (You may have to double click on the pic to enlarge it). Check out my pic and let me know.

Your hair look past SL to me. I think you can make it this year.:yep:

This is how I feel.....

I just cowashed my hair with HE HH, will braid it after its dry some and wear a braidout bun til Tuesday.

Your hair looks like it could almost be armpit length, I can't really tell where your line start because of how you're holding your arms but that hair is looking good. :yep:

Ladies The list is updated and complete if I forgot anyone I apologize. The count is 219. WOW, Ladies we are coming at BSL with a Bang, lol.

Anyone I forgot today I will add. Others Just introduce yourself this thread has no dead line.

Last edited:
I would like to join. I hope I am not too late.

Products your using: ORS carrot oil, Infusium 23, self made spray, shea butter, aphogee keratin spray

Starting Hair Length: almost APL in the back, almost shoulder length in the front
Goal Month: BSL by July

Pics for starting goal- I am wearing a weave and will post when I take it out, but I'm not far from the pics in my fotki

Im in :( I had already made bsl as of dec 20th 2009, but I wanted a new do for the new year, I asked for face framing layers and side bangs but told her i wanted to keep my lenght, she cut off 3 1/2 inches! Im back at barely scraping APL now, :( wah. So now i should hopefully be bsl by dec 2010 bc my hair grows slow.

I dont have regimen yet bc i jus got this hair cut dont know how its gonna look natural, so depending on that Im either gonna:

prepoo with honey,coconutoil mix
shampoo then deep condition under soft bonnet
Air dry then flar iron

or

Co wash every other day, and every weekend use prepoo mix, wash, deep condition under soft bonnet dryer and then air dry

I also plan to step up my water game and go on a hair diet incorporating more hair conscieous foods.

Here is reg. I am so excited. One year ago, I would have thought this goal impossible. Now I am sooooo psyched!!! :grin:

Regimen:
Daily: Moisturize and seal nightly
2x Week: Cleanse and Condition
Weekly: Deep Condition
Monthly: Henna/Cassia Mix
90 Days: Relaxer and Dusting

Always: No Direct Heat

I will be using a mixture of MT/CO/Amla oil to moisturize and seal at least every other night.

Attachments

• 20100107-vi.jpg
    20100107-vi.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 9

I since Sunday is wash day I will be doing a deep condish with the NTM Deep recovery mask I bought a wk or so ago. I've been dying to use it.

Does anyone here co-wash daily AND baggie? If so, how is it working for you?

Since I've started exercising 5 days a wk I cowash 2days and rinse the other 5 days but starting next week I will start cowashing everyday, only because I want to make sure the sweat is not drying out my hair. Thankfully we have been having 70degree weather, once we go down to the 60's I don't know what I'm going to do, cuz that's to freakin cold.

I since Sunday is wash day I will be doing a deep condish with the NTM Deep recovery mask I bought a wk or so ago. I've been dying to use it.

Since I've started exercising 5 days a wk I cowash 2days and rinse the other 5 days but starting next week I will start cowashing everyday, only because I want to make sure the sweat is not drying out my hair. Thankfully we have been having 70degree weather, once we go down to the 60's I don't know what I'm going to do, cuz that's to freakin cold.[/

:lick: I wish 60 degrees was here in NJ instead of 22 degrees now that is COLD, I figure you in the Florida direction, I am hating right now wanting the warmth, LOL!

Since I've started exercising 5 days a wk I cowash 2days and rinse the other 5 days but starting next week I will start cowashing everyday, only because I want to make sure the sweat is not drying out my hair. Thankfully we have been having 70degree weather, once we go down to the 60's I don't know what I'm going to do, cuz that's to freakin cold.[/

:lick: I wish 60 degrees was here in NJ instead of 22 degrees now that is COLD, I figure you in the Florida direction, I am hating right now wanting the warmth, LOL!

Boy do I miss Florida =/ it's 30 degrees in Savannah and it's windy as I don't know what here. :nono:

Right now I am sitting with my Conditioning Cap on and Silk Elements Megasilk in the green tub since last week I didn't use any deep conditioner. I did avoid the Aphogee 2 minute not for any bad reason just because my hair doesn't need it at the moment.

I am continuing to use up the products, I have misplaced my Jojoba oil in all the Product chaos.

I have until 11:47 then I will rinse this out, it's the weekend before my birthday, I figure I'd wash/blow and flat iron, but then that is all my heat passes for the rest of the month, HUH, I'd be very nervous, I'd try to stretch this 2 weeks or 10 days the most.

Right now I am just rambling on so let me sit and lurk while I wait to rinse this conditioner out of my head.

:)

Well Im about to wash my hair with a new shampoo Elasta QP Shampoo for relaxed hair followed by Lekair cholesterol. Usually I would deep condition on dry hair, but I haven't washed m hair in over a week, but I did co wash this week.

Back