BSL 2010 Challenge

Nelli04 just checking up and seeing if you've managed to get the shedding under control.

I haven't yet, but I am going to try some new things other posters have informed me about.

I am also debating getting a sew in, in the back since that's where most of the breakage is...would that be a bad idea??

I am so excited about this challenge! My hair is in 4 bantu knots from last night. I straightened it 5 days ago. I have been using coconut oil, NTM, and LTR on it to moisturize. I will be washing it this weekend and won't straighten again until either July or December, depending on how my ends look.

Last year my only goal was no heat, and I retained ~3 inches (I cut twice - about 1.5 inches each time). This year, I'm going to try to alternate braidouts/twistouts for a week with braids for 2 weeks. No fros or wngs & no cuts!

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil.
May have this same bun up until Friday when I cowash.

Hello. I want to be BSL in 2010 too. My hair has suffered greatly due to physical and environmental damage. I am debating whether to stretch for one more month or wear braids for 6 months. I'm so tired of doing my hair, sitting under the dryer for hours at a time, flat ironing, only to not have it look the way it did in 2005-2008. Wish me luck!

Just a quickie little update. I'm still undecided on a regimen. I am co-washing weekly and I get a press about every 3 weeks, but I'm still dealing with some breakage in the nape from a self-relax disaster last summer. I'm thinking the heat at that interval is not helping the nape. In addition, I am trying to transition and I'm 25 weeks post relaxer. I BKT'd about 2 weeks ago and that has made the transition easier. I'm contemplating tree braids in February. I'm just an indecisive mess. I'm shooting to have a plan of attack by February 1.

Nice protective style! off to check your fotki:yep:, your hair looks both healthy and pretty

Thanks, THe one in my siggy is mine, the ones in the 3 pictures is a Lace Front!

Its pretty, for a min, i thought you cut your hair, until I looked closely.

Is that good, when you looked closely? I hope it's okay! it's my first lace front, :) I am extremely happy.

Last edited:
Hello. I want to be BSL in 2010 too. My hair has suffered greatly due to physical and environmental damage. I am debating whether to stretch for one more month or wear braids for 6 months. I'm so tired of doing my hair, sitting under the dryer for hours at a time, flat ironing, only to not have it look the way it did in 2005-2008. Wish me luck!

I'm sure you will be BSL in know time, I remember stalking your album when I first found this board in 06" You have beautiful hair...

My protective style for the rest of the week. I crossed wrap my hair. :)

This looks so cute and natural on you. Which brand is it. I've never worn a wig/lacefront, but if I could find one that looked natural and fairly price I think I would consider.

BTW:: It's wash night for me, I'm sitting under the dryer now doing a hot oil treatment. I've decided to add the hot oil everyweek now and see how that goes.

This looks so cute and natural on you. Which brand is it. I've never worn a wig/lacefront, but if I could find one that looked natural and fairly price I think I would consider.

BTW:: It's wash night for me, I'm sitting under the dryer now doing a hot oil treatment. I've decided to add the hot oil everyweek now and see how that goes.

Thanks so much, I picked something I thought would look great, I have a heart shaped face so Split in the middle is good for us Heart faces and I love the angle.

She is Called FreeTress Equal Elise Lace front, got her at Hair Sisters and I actually ordering another ASAP! My husband loves it, he was so impressed. LOL!

I'm still trying to find a protective style that I can leave in for weeks and wash frequently and look good in.

Throwing some oil on my ends and bunning it up, just like everyday! Was gonna do a HOT tonight but it's too cold.

DC'd on dry hair yesterday with ORS replenishing conditioner. Then I did a braid out, air dried overnight and pinned it up. Loving my texture right now, so nice and full!

I washed my hair yesterday. I had about 10-20 shed hairs :nono: I don't even know this is normal but it seemed like it was just a lot. I think i'm going to need to add garlic to my wash next week. Does anyone have any tips on how they use garlic?

I washed my hair yesterday. I had about 10-20 shed hairs :nono: I don't even know this is normal but it seemed like it was just a lot. I think i'm going to need to add garlic to my wash next week. Does anyone have any tips on how they use garlic?

Girl that isn't bad, 50-100 is normal so your great.

I would like to join!

Please add me to the list when you get a chance.

Regimen:

Monday: Moisturizing Deep Conditioner (add Alma Oil and Coconut Oil)/Moisture Co-Wash
Wednesday: Co-Wash (Alternate weekly between Moisture and Protein Conditioner, if protein conditioner may follow with moisture conditioner just depending on how my hair feels)
Friday or Saturday: Protein Deep Conditioner/Moisture Co-Wash (if protein conditioner co-wash used Wednesday will use something like ORS Replenishing Pak)
Massage scalp every T, Th, Su with Castor Oil
Moisturize and seal every day and night with moisturizer of choice and oil of choice)
Relax every 4 months w/ Phytospecific Index 1
Trim at every relaxer (may try to dust myself once every 2 months and search and destroy when needed)
Direct Heat 1x/4 mo. (at every relaxer) and December 31, 2009 for length check to see if I made it to BSL!!

Products your using:
Shampoo - Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair (will clarify 1x/mo, will try 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo)
Conditioners - AO GPB, Aphrogee 2-min, AO HR, GVP Conditioning Balm (until finished, will try Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner)
Oils - Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Alma Oil
Leave-In Conditioners - Chi Keratin Mist and HE LTR (after every wash/co-wash)
Moisturizer - S-curl (for buns), Neutrogena Silk Touch (for everything else)

Starting Hair Length:
APL

Goal Month:
December 2010

Pics for starting goal-

I have no pics yet. I will have one this weekend.

I love winter protective styling, between my phony puff and my 2 big braids...:yep: BSL here I come!! hopefully :yep:

Back