BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

Still fighting for inches!!! I need to get some updated pics, but I thing I may be about 3, dare I say 4 inches away from BSL... I'll check at the End of Sept/ end of Oct when I take these braids out!!!

I think I'm actually going to make it y'all we got a good 4 months... and I'mma slide right to brastrap with my.....
BKT
Chlorella
Spirulina
Tailrx
Amino Acids

ETA: How did I forget about my faithful MT and OCT. People can say what they want about growth aids.. those two suckas work!!!

I am probably about 4 inches away (perhaps less.. it's been almost 6 months since a relaxer.. and probably 10 since the last one that took well.. It's gonna be tough.. but I can do it... I'll post a 3/4 year :lachen: starting pic after my salon appt Saturday.. she always gets it silky straight.

i added a ticker to keep me on track...

i am sitting at blunt APL right now. i began a new diet/exercise regimen so i can go from "skinnyfat" to just being in shape...hopefully increased hair growth will accompany this regimen. to go along with this diet and exercise, i am in senegalese twists right now...last time i put them in i retained EVERYTHING i grew, so i will try to keep them in for 2 months min. still pushing to ring in the new year with BSL hair.

Ladies, how are you all? I haven't posted in a while because I've been really trying to do some soul searching. I have finally made a decision to go all natural but this is my dilemma now. I have been caring for my hair now for 5 months..."with the help of all of you of course". I have about 4.5 in new grow and the rest is permed hair, which happens to be appx. 3" away from BSB. This is my question...do I have to do a big chop in order to maintain proper hair care regimen or can I continue to grow out my hair to WL (my goal) with the permed hair still attached. It's a lot of hair ya'll so I'm really torn.
Please help!:spinning:

Ladies, how are you all? I haven't posted in a while because I've been really trying to do some soul searching. I have finally made a decision to go all natural but this is my dilemma now. I have been caring for my hair now for 5 months..."with the help of all of you of course". I have about 4.5 in new grow and the rest is permed hair, which happens to be appx. 3" away from BSB. This is my question...do I have to do a big chop in order to maintain proper hair care regimen or can I continue to grow out my hair to WL (my goal) with the permed hair still attached. It's a lot of hair ya'll so I'm really torn.
Please help!:spinning:

As long as it doesn't look tore up or unhealthy... why BC??

Update.... I've joined the Longterm Stretch Challenge (stretching for 6 months til December) and also a personal No Direct Heat challenge. I've been protective styling and cowashing like crazy. I'm afraid to do a length check... I have so much NG. I'm so hoping this works... :pray:

ok so i bought omega complex vitamins (or supplements whatever lol) and took 2 today. i am gonna take 2 a day. they have 400mg each of fish oil, flaxseed oil, and borage oil. google it - its great for hair. lol. and everything else. and i got my workout ON today. i power walked about 6-7 miles. and playes tennis and catch (extreme catch - i used to play softball) for about 2 hours. then i jogged about a half mile and did 10 minutes of suicides. i was just real energized today. i want that length!

I relaxed yesterday and I made BSL(BSB) :yep:!!!!! Unfortunately, I can't show pics cos I'm in the hide your hair challenge. I'm still taking pics and will show the progression at the final reveal in december. So ladies, good luck in your journey and see you at BSL. Off to the MBL thread.

ETA: I just realized that I wear my bra real low and not under my shoulder blades as I initially thought

I relaxed yesterday and I made BSL(BSB) :yep:!!!!! Unfortunately, I can't show pics cos I'm in the hide your hair challenge. I'm still taking pics and will show the progression at the final reveal in december. So ladies, good luck in your journey and see you at BSL. Off to the MBL thread.

ETA: I just realized that I wear my bra real low and not under my shoulder blades as I initially thought

Congrats to you!! can't wait for the pics.

I'm still in hair hiding for the moment, i'm apl right now as always, so hopefully my thyroid will stay normal so that my hair can continue to grow well like it normally does keeping fingers crossed, so hopefully by December. I'll take pics before the end of the year though.

Checking in, ladies! I think I'm about an inch from BSL (see avi, I also have a couple more in my LHCF album).

First check in since I signed up for this challenge last year. Since I finally did something to my hair besides the regular bun, I thought I would post some progress pics

Morning After Blow Dry:

lchf1-vi.jpg

Maxiglide and Curling Iron:

lchf2-vi.jpg

S5030545-vi.jpg

Totally forgot that I was in this challenge and joined in September last year.
But, I have a question...
Is BSB the same as BSL?
I reckon my hair is below my shoulder blades but wouldn't claim BSL just yet although my hair seems to touch the top of my bra strap.
But then again my bra straps seem to be quite low :ohwell::perplexed::perplexed:.

Is BSB the same as BSL?
I reckon my hair is below my shoulder blades but wouldn't claim BSL just yet although my hair seems to touch the top of my bra strap.
But then again my bra straps seem to be quite low :ohwell::perplexed::perplexed:.

I claimed it at BSB. I wear my bra low too and if I wait to claim it then I might as well be at MBL. Your bra should ideally be at the bottom of your shoulder blades. Even when I wear my bra, my hair brushes the tips also. That's why I claimed it. HTH

I'm still in this challenge plugging away; however, I also joined the BSL 2010 challenge because I don't think I'll reach full BSL by December 09. Here is my progress since last December. I got a much needed trim in April which set me back a bit.

Is BSB the same as BSL?

Great growth! I would claim it.

First check in since I signed up for this challenge last year. Since I finally did something to my hair besides the regular bun, I thought I would post some progress pics

Morning After Blow Dry:

lchf1-vi.jpg

lchf2-vi.jpg

S5030545-vi.jpg

Your hair is gorgeous!

Not sure if I will make it to BS this yr..jus seems to take forever from APL to BS fr me b/c i am a tall one..but I am gonna keep the faith!lol..I am gonna be relaxing this week..will take more pictures then...

I can't believe I never officially joined this challenge. I was in the 2008 thread but a major setback meant that I didn't reach my goal. I'm sooo close this year. I am hoping that I will be BSL by my next touch up at the end of October.

Well, I'd actually made it to bra-strap in July. I got a relaxer the other day after a 8 month stretch and my ends were horrible. I went a little straighter too, so now I'm more texlaxed than texturized. Anyways, I trimmed my hair in Aug and then my stylist trimmed me again this month (it was necessary). So hopefully now I can keep my ends healthier and won't need a trim again til March 2010. Anyways, I am about an inch or so away from bra-strap. I'm a little grumpy about losing some of my length because I was hoping to make it to midback by the end of this year as too. Oh well. At least my ends are healthy.

Morning After Blow Dry:

lchf1-vi.jpg

lchf2-vi.jpg

S5030545-vi.jpg

Girl, Your hair is gorgeous. You don't have a Fotki? What's your reggie?

Two and a half more months to BSL ladies. Are we gonna make it??? I sure hope I do!!!! :ohwell:

Girl me too.I am on the Rollersetting challenge and I have not flat-ironed my whole head since May, so I'm not sure what my hair length is:look:.My rollersets are at APL, so I know it's past APL.I'm not gonna flat-iron it until Dec. so I can be surprised:look:

Girl me too.I am on the Rollersetting challenge and I have not flat-ironed my whole head since May, so I'm not sure what my hair length is:look:.My rollersets are at APL, so I know it's past APL.I'm not gonna flat-iron it until Dec. so I can be surprised:look:

I know. I'm on the hide your hair challenge and I've been hiding my hair from myself to. I've grabbed hair and stretched it a couple of times. But, I'm 4 months post. I won't relaxer or straighten it again util November. It hasn't been straight since May. So it will be a total shock to me to see where my hair is. I can't wait. :grin:

I don'tknow if i'm there or not..but real close..all my bras are low..and i'm only 5'2...so my bsl would be mid back close to waist.....lol....my pic is in my siggie..... heres a bigger pics.....

Attachments

• septhairupdate.jpg
    septhairupdate.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back