BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

thought I would be there by this past summer but thanks to my thyroid diagnose earlier this year my hair turned on me, so right now i'm still apl, my hairs back to normal so hopefully by december keeping fingers crossed. I think i'm on the list ??

I relaxed yesterday and I got a trim(no pics until december). She probably trimmed about an inch . My hair was uneven and I had a lot of split ends. I also had a lot of breakage especially towards the end of my stretch and my ng was hard and brittle.

Although I had some breakage and a trim, I still made some progress. I am at the pointy part of my blades now and I am happy about that. Unfortunately, it is not enough to claim BSL by the end of the year.

From now on, I am going to relax every 8-10 weeks (I said this b4 but now I am going to stick with it) and be consistent with DC'ing. If I do this I will need less trims and retain more length. Eventually I would like to be able to trim 2x a year. I think this could happen with shorter stretches.

If I don't have any major setbacks next year, I should reach BSL. Once I have reached BSL, I will start transitioning. I hope to transition for 1 year beginning in the fall and then I am going to BC around the summer. I haven't seen my natural hair since I was 10 years old so this will be a new beginning.

I don'tknow if i'm there or not..but real close..all my bras are low..and i'm only 5'2...so my bsl would be mid back close to waist.....lol....my pic is in my siggie..... heres a bigger pics.....

:lachen: I thought I was the only one who had that problem. I'm 5'2" as well.
I'm really working hard to make BSL by the end of the year (think MBL will have to wait). I recently got a much-needed trim b/c I went almost two weeks without doing anything to my hair b/c I was down and sick with the flu. :wallbash: I'm back on track now, and I must say that my hair is in good shape. I think I may have 1.5 inches to go. I'll have to check.

:lachen: I thought I was the only one who had that problem. I'm 5'2" as well.
I'm really working hard to make BSL by the end of the year

I'm 5"3' and I think my bra strap sits at MBL for me to. I don't know if it's because of my height, or if my butt is just too far up my back. :lachen:

Here's a Pic from last night...I cant remember my last update but hopefully I'll reach it by the end of this year.. Cheering all other participants on as well!!

octupdate.jpg

Slowly but surely making progress. This pic was taken on October 1st. I hope to be grazing BSL by the end of December. :drunk:

Attachments

• October 1, 2009.jpg
    October 1, 2009.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 59
Dec. is right around the corner, who is grazing bsl?

As far as my progress i am 3 inches from Bsl. I continue 2 trim bcuz my hair is growing unevenly. BSLwill not happen until next year, I hpoe.

Dec. is right around the corner, who is grazing bsl?

As far as my progress i am 3 inches from Bsl. I continue 2 trim bcuz my hair is growing unevenly. BSLwill not happen until next year, I hpoe.

Okay, I think I'm grazing bsl and I hope that I will be there by the end of the month. I'll post again on 12/30 or 12/31!

Attachments

• #17 Oct 2009.jpg
    #17 Oct 2009.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 63
I definitely will not make it! I stretched for 5 months and didn't detangle properly. (I lost 2 fistfuls of hair and tore up my ends:wallbash: ) I may have made it before this, but I have to cut it and start over :nono:. (My siggy pic is from yesterday - after the damage). I am cutting it today and will be weaving it up for 6 months to try and regain some health and length.

Good luck to all who are still in! I am still interested in seeing all of the great progress from all who made it and the updates from all who are still gaining on it! :grin:
Thanks OP for this challenge. It helped me focus on my goal.
Now off to learn about detangling ................ :lachen:

I'm not going to make it this year. I'm happy that my hair is growing and filling in (pretty much the same length all over) but I need to work on retaining length. I trimmed once of about .5inch but I'm putting the scissors away as the ends were healthy just not uniform. I really do not wear it straight so I'm not sure why I felt the urge to trim! Early New Yr's resolution: massage scalp every other day & baby my ends.

Lane your hair is so beautiful!

I may not make it. I had to to a semi-major trim a few months ago. I'm relaxing in about 2 weeks and I'll know then for sure. There's probably a 50-50 chance so I'm hoping for the best lol. If not, by my next relaxer for sure!

I guess I'll be joining this challenge again next year...grrrrrrr...while I didn't make it to bra strap I do see an improvement.

I'm hoping to make it by my 2 yr anniversery here at LHCF. Like Jessie....Keep Hope Alive!!!!

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it. I kept my hair trimmed at APL for the whole year and 2 weeks ago, I decided to cut it into a SL bob.
I am transitioning and I would rather be closer to my natural goal than my length goal at the moment. So I have 11 more months of this transition.

Good luck ladies, I will be cheering you all on.

So....looks like I won't be getting anywhere near BSL this year. At the end of last year i thought I had a chance, but then I got two trims, the most recent being around Thanksgiving, so I will try again next year!

I have maybe an inch, inch and a half to go. I know my longest layer will be touching BSL next month. Giving myself to the summer to the end of the spring to be full BSL. Congrats to the ladies that did make it.

Unfortunately I am not going to make it to BSL this year. I got a much needed trim. I will definitely make it next year.

I guess my siggy can serve as my check in for now. I'm so close I can TASTE it. I don't think I'll make it in a week though.

Lane your hair is so beautiful!

I may not make it. I had to to a semi-major trim a few months ago. I'm relaxing in about 2 weeks and I'll know then for sure. There's probably a 50-50 chance so I'm hoping for the best lol. If not, by my next relaxer for sure!

I am rooting for you Nayeli!!

Back