BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

i haven't straightened, thus no starting pic yet, but i have incorporated bunning and wigs into my regimen. not enough to join either challenge, but it's there.

Here is my starting picture .... FINALLY! This is my length as of 01/19/09.
I'm in between SL and APL so I have a long way to go.
StartPic-vi.jpg

I want to join... again! Shoot, year after year I get a setback but always reach BSL. Right now I am at APL. I'm shooting for BSL by the summer! Please cheer me on! :weird:

I'm sitting under my Pibbs right now with Alter Ego DC in my hair. I've decided to up my DC game if I'm going to reach BSL by December...I had gotten really lazy :ohwell:

I need a trim desperately, but I haven't decided if its better to do it on the front end or the back end of chasing BSL. I'm leaning toward doing it now, so that I can just get over it and concentrate on growing.

I got a trim today, probably about 3 inches it seems, but I like it. I think I still have a chance of reaching BSL but not too sure because I will be trimming some more off this year - I'm transitioning to texlaxed hair -so here's the current status of my where my hair is:

Attachments

• Back to APL-01-23-09.jpg
    Back to APL-01-23-09.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • My V-shape now shorter looks thicker.jpg
    My V-shape now shorter looks thicker.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
My hair growth tends to slow in the winter due to the cold, dry air. So I work to keep it up always and condition often. I'm learning that my ends need to be protected and moisture, moisture, moisture is the order of the day. And since I'm doing a long stretch, I'll do a bi-weekly protein treatment, followed by moisture, moisture, moisture and keep my hair in protective styles!!!

Here is my starting picture .... FINALLY! This is my length as of 01/19/09.
I'm in between SL and APL so I have a long way to go.
StartPic-vi.jpg

Girl, your hair is absolutely gorgeous. . .it is gonna look beautiful @ BSL! :yep:

Anywho, here is my latest pic from my last relaxer in the beg of Dec. . .I should be about a couple inches away now.
***Once again, sorry for the ultra darkness in the pics. . .I learned how to correct the lighting after I already took half of them :giggle:***

Attachments

• DSCN1115.jpg
    DSCN1115.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 24
I may make BS this year, My hair is getting very colose to APL and I think I will be hitting soon so maybe by the end of the yr I will make BSL...I wil really be able to tell when I touch up in Feb or March...

I relaxed today and my hair is touching APL. By April I should be full APL. I am quite happy. This is a great way to start the new year.

Last edited:
Here is my starting point (that I never posted)
December 11th, 08
ry%3D400

I have my next relaxer scheduled for Feb 27th, but may push it up a week.

Back