BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

I wanted to post my starting pic for this challenge. My goal is to focus on retention, moisture and protein balance and to do this I will be taking my vitamins and drinking more water.

12-30-08.jpg

HHG to all my fellow challengers.

I'm getting a little discouraged as far as my progress and decided to make a plan. I've been stuck at the same midpoint between SL/ APL for about while now. I've had no luck keeping much length in the back and its mainly because I got a least 3 unneeded trims last year. I'm getting a sew in Wed. with the hope of retaining every last inch this year. I'm going to wear it in 6 weeks, then out for 2-3 weeks and keep that routine until July.
Other Changes:
-I'm only leaving hair in the front out with the hope that my nape will finally grow since protected.
-Washing every 10-12 days instead of every 7.
- No Trims

Please add me!!!! This won't be an easy goal--but I believe it is doable.

PLAN: (what has been working)
Rollerset 1x per week
Wash and Moisture DC weekly
Protein weekly
OCT

STARTING PIC: I need ~5 inches!!
100_1728-th.jpg

Last edited:
I'm joining! :yep:

I think I'm about APL now ( My camera was dead when I took my install out so I don't have any pics :sad:)

I plan on wearing weaves until summer and then maybe going back to braids for awhile...But I want to mostly protective style this year in a bid to retain as much growth as possible and to stay away from heat!

I think APL to BSL on me is 4-5"

Please add me!!!! This won't be an easy goal--but I believe it is doable.

PLAN: (what has been working)
Rollerset 1x per week
Wash and Moisture DC weekly
Protein weekly
OCT

STARTING PIC: I need ~5 inches!!
100_1728-th.jpg

I'm in! I am so focused this year, NOTHING is hindering my growth in 2009

Great positive attitudes ladies, keep this up and your hair will you both:yep:. Happy hair growing.

I'm joining! :yep:

I think I'm about APL now ( My camera was dead when I took my install out so I don't have any pics :sad:)

I plan on wearing weaves until summer and then maybe going back to braids for awhile...But I want to mostly protective style this year in a bid to retain as much growth as possible and to stay away from heat!

I think APL to BSL on me is 4-5"

WOW Soleil, if that you in your avatar, your hair looks great!

I am officially starting my pursuit of this goal tomorrow. My starting pic is in my siggy, but I will try and post a better picture tomorrow after I wash and condition my hair.

*Did I post this already?* :perplexed: I'm too young for my mind to be going bad lol

I'm in.

My hair goals this year are
- growing the top & front to my chin
- growing the back to BSL
- improving the health of my edges

The first time that my hair will be straight enough to get a decent starting pic is inauguration week.

I'm in!! will post pic soon...

In need of better hair care for longer thicker hair. I need some help on what to buy, how to start, when and what to do... PLEASE HELP IM LOOSING MY HAIR.. :(

I'm hanging in there though my hair growth appears to have slowed. I could see clear differences between Oct and Nov, but not so much between Nov and Dec. I'm hoping I'll see a little gain later this month.

I think I joined this challenge! If I didn't, I had every intention of joining! I took down my weave this weekend and my hair is APL. Not full but I have plans to make it to BSL by my birthday which is 9/24!

I would really like to join but I'll need a few weeks to post my before pic. Is that okay? I'm APL now and would love to be BSL by 12.31.09.

Hi, I wish 2 join the BSL, even though I am in the SL challenge I need
attachment.php

knowledge on the proper care of my hair as it grows longer. :grin::grin::grin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0068-thumb.jpg
    DSCN0068-thumb.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 5 months stretch May-Nov 2008.jpg
    5 months stretch May-Nov 2008.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
A quick update.
Since my touch up on 12/23 it looks like I have acquired 1/4" of growth or more. I'm cheating and using my gray to measure since I got a color rinse alongside my touch up. I also already have wavy newgrowth making it's presence known in the back area. I'm taking this as a positive sign and hoping that I will be able to squeeze out a full half inch of new growth come my 4 week mark. I'll update with a newgrowth pic at week 4.

I've been sticking to my original goals of using the mega tek (via my megatek and aloe vera juice mix) on my scalp twice a week and I've been doing Post po treatments with the vatika frosting (shampooing, rinsing and then using vatika frosting and letting it sit for at least 1 hr before rinsing and condtioning) and so far, every single time I've done this my hair has been very well moisturized and soft when I get out of the shower to airdry. I've been using a bit of Giovani Direct and a little bit of Cocasta oil as my leave in and my hair has been feeling soft and light when dry. I'm not going to change any of that! I did do one tea (a mix of nettle, black and green) rinse and I loved the result, it's just hard for me to remember to steep the tea before I wash my hair. I gotta work on that.

I'm trying to stick to my daily vites (multi, omega, garlic,msm) but I am a chronic skipper. One thing I do have to add is, I've been drinking lots of tea and I really think it's benefiting my hair. I've been drinking Mothers Milk which contains fenugreek and marshmallow root and I've also been drinking a lot of Republic of Tea's "Get Growing" and "Get Gorgeous" teas which contain things like nettle, horsetail, burdock root, hibiscus and other stuff. The teas are delicious! Check them out...
http://www.republicoftea.com/templa...cct=/|utmcmd=referral&__utmv-&__utmk252983818

Well, that's my update for now. I'll check back in at 4 wks post relaxer.

Everything has been going alright so far. I just averaged my growth over the past seven months (transitioning), and I realized that I get about .60 inches every month. I just started using MT a few weeks ago, and I started vitamins (a Hair, Skin and nails vit. and flaxseed oil) about two weeks ago. Hopefully those give me the boost I need to get a full inch next month.

I think i'm about an inch and a half away from bsl so I should make it by march or april, i will post a pic later

I think I am going to join this challenge, I am going to increase my water, vits and hair protection, I am going to try the baggie on just my ponytail I will do it for a month and see what happens, I post my results with that as well, but I mostly plan to do buns and wigs, wigs will be something new but I really need to hide my hair from this winter freeze. I only have maybe four inches to BSL, so I think I might stretch it out the full year. You never know I might be Midback by Dec09, I truly hope so. Well its January and I am just starting now, so I will post a updated picture in April. Good luck everyone.

Count me in too. This will help to keep me motivated. My current length is a little bit past shoulder. Since I have some heat damaged areas I want to lay off the direct heat until at least March. I'll be wearing braidout and buns until them.

:yay::yay:Hi there! I hope I'm not too late to join your challenge. I just joined LHCF yesterday and I am ready for change! My goal is to be BSL by June 09. I found this site looking for products for my type of hair. I learned so much on this site yesterday--- I am truly inspired. I am no that good at getting around the site, but I am very excited about the possibilities for my hair. I have 4a/4b texture hair (I think, and I know it doesn't looked relaxed, but it is). I am trying to get a handle on a daily routine, so far I' ve decided to wash 2x's a week, deep condition with one wash and protein treatment with the other wash; no heat, I wear my hair up and I take it down when I get home; Silk Elements Revive and Restore Anti-Breakage Hair Repair Creme every night; Silk Elements Root Penetrating Oil every other day; and 64 oz of water a day (woooo that's been a task). I hope that I am on the right track because I am determined to get this thing right.
BSL Bound Baby... June 2009!:amen:

Attachments

• Photo 15.jpg
    Photo 15.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
Count me in !!! BRASTRAP by December 31, 2009. I'm already taking my vitamins and DEEp conditioning 2 times a week. Here's my picture:

Attachments

• hair12.jpg
    hair12.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
Back