Broke Up....Now We're Back Together????

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ladies....What Products/Styles/Techniques did you Stop Using, but Now have decided to Go Back to Doing or Using?

I've introduced a few Nexxus and Paul Mitchell Products BACK into my Stash i.e. Keraphix, Ensure, Boitin Oil, SuperCharged, The Conditioner, Hair Repair.

Products that were used on me in the Past and worked great.

I see some Ladies have went back to S-Curl, Ultra Sheen, Carol's Daughter, a Dab of Pink Oil and Le'ts Jam Gel and many other's.

What have you Brought Back????:look:

Oils, oils, oils....and shea butter! My relaxed hair hated them but my natural hair loves them!!!!!! Hopefully we are together forever!

Mostly technique has worked for me and that is low low low manipulation styles and keeping my hands the heck out of my hair as much as possible. My mane seem to thrive far more when I don't bother her too much. Now I'm finally in tune with her again and listening to her no matter what.

A few products with mineral oil that worked well forme in the past like Mizani h2o Intense Night-Time Treatment and Sulfur 8 grease I know I know, I deserve to be shot, but hey, my mane loves these, so she gets them:grin:.

I broke up with my dye and rinses to get with Henna and Indigo. The hair was so nice at first.

Then my hair got so dry and it took so long to get the moisture back, I had to stop using it.

I really liked the bling I got from the henna/indigo but I had to go back to my rinses and semi permanent dye.

i never really "broke up" with shea butter. i kinda just put him on a shelf cause i knew he would always be there lol. but now i use him more often because he never lets me down.

PM Supercharged - I don't know why I stopped. I think I just ran out and never reupped.

Hello Hydration conditioner - I'm about to get some this week. I might need to do a few cowashes this summer and I like HH for that. Its also one of my fav rinse conditioners.

Porosity Control shampoo - just started using this again. Nice conditioning shampoo.

I broke up with Suave conditioners and then gave the Rosemary Mint another chance....it disappointed me. No more! :lachen:

I am thinking of going back to Lustrasilk cholesterol...it never did anything wrong to me.

I like let's jam mega hold b/c it's really the only gel to slick back my hair but I stopped b/c of the ingredients, now we are back together & hopefully forever:yep:

I broke up with Suave conditioners and then gave the Rosemary Mint another chance....it disappointed me. No more! :lachen:

I am thinking of going back to Lustrasilk cholesterol...it never did anything wrong to me.
lilsparkle, is the rosemary mint a Suave conditioner or another brand and if so, what brand is it?

Oils in general, particularly coconut oil. Natural hair hates oil relaxed hair loves it!

I broke up with Bigen because of the bad rap gave here and tried Henna/Indigo to cover my gray. Well no matter how much indigo I used my hair turn red, now I love red color but it did nothing for the temple grays. So I tried Garnier color and it turn my brown roots orange, so I'm quite sure the box was label wrong. Well I went back to Bigen, it covers the orange and grays back to brown baby:grin:

Even tho Lanza healing Colorcare trauma treatment and I had a very bitter and nasty divorce(extreme protein overload), we've recently reconciled and decided to start over.... I had to realize its a strong protein leave in, which is perfect for my current regimen of "juicing", daily full-head baggying, wigging, and demarcation lines... Used sparingly in moderation, my hair is so strong and healthy at 8 months post.

I got back together with ors replenishing pak. We had a one month stand way back but my relaxed hair didn't like him that much, so i just used him till there was nothing left. Now i'm transitioning my hair likes him better.
I had to break up with Nexxus emergencee because it was to rough for my hair since i started transitioning. I hope i can get back together with olive oil :sigh: my relaxed hair loved it, but my new growth ain't feeling him what so ever.

Great thread, T!

Palmer's Protein Pack... We went our separate ways for quite sometime because he was just not cutting it for me. One day I had the idea to have an orgy with Palmers, an egg, SAA, Panthenol, and honey. We had a fabulous time! Protein treatments never felt so good! :blush:

Last edited:

I cheated on Lustrasilk Cholesterol but I don't even know why????....We just got back together a few days ago and the relationship is great!

Protein! I had pushed protein away because of the rough feeling it left in my hair. 19 weeks post I started suffering from long strand breakage. I would never let protein stay around too long because of the past....

So I decided it would be better to retouch than to lose progress by stretching/transitioning/lets see what we can do.

This morning I:
Shampooed w/Kelate 1x, followed by Nexxus Extreme (it has sodium, but I was desperate)

Conditioned with Una Protein Treatment - but of course I was supposed to be out of the house while in the shower, so I detangled, baggied, and threw on my hijab.

Got home: rinsed warm water several minutes, and applied Aloxxi Emergency Reconstructor - 5 mins, rinsed cool water, rinsed with Humectin.

NOT A SINGLE BROKEN HAIR.

Used Nourish Leave in w/coconut oil. - air dry.

Sorry protein reconstuctors.

and ceramides: Redkin Anti-Snap.
Just putting it up in a ponytail to airdry (bad HIH syndrome)

I broke up with sillicon mix, because i cheated on him. Plus all the bad things people were saying about him, like hes overrated.. and he aint all that..
But something inside me said.. just revisit him.. and OMG! We are best buddies.. I will never part with siliicon mix ever....

Cute thread T!

I think I am going back to aveda be curly. I used it before I found the board and I really am not liking anything else that I have tried as much.

*Back then didn't want me -now I'm hot - all on me* (Mike Jones, 2005) - lol

Redken Anti-Snap
Redken All-Soft
MOP Extreme Moisture

I broke up with sillicon mix, because i cheated on him. Plus all the bad things people were saying about him, like hes overrated.. and he aint all that..
But something inside me said.. just revisit him.. and OMG! We are best buddies.. I will never part with siliicon mix ever....

:lachen::lachen:

See, that's why I don't get into relationships...just keep'em as "friends and acquaintances" - they will be on standby and there will never be any misunderstandings...

*Back then didn't want me -now I'm hot - all on me* (Mike Jones, 2005) - lol

Redken Anti-Snap
Redken All-Soft
MOP Extreme Moisture

I have Sally's generic version of the anti-snap and that stuff smells so good and totop it off, it really works.

As for MOP Extreme Moisture, I have been eyeing this baby for a loooong while but I ain't lyin', my Alterna Hemp Hydrate will throw a hissy fit if I start sneaking around on him:grin:.

Awww I missed the fun, I just got in Idare this is an awesome title, LOL!

I broke up with several folks for no real reason just because I was nasty and wanted to test the waters I just put them to the side for about six months! BUT I am back with them cause the feeling was so soft and silky smooth. :D

Nexxus Emergencee- my hair loves it!
Aphogee 2 minute - my staple just we are two perfect of a match!
Ion Extreme Moisture - Yummy
PC - used it at 17 and took about 15 years to get it again! :)
I will be back at this in the morning, I am about to hit the hay, just came back from a Council Meeting as I am on the council for Boy Scouts. This is one great thread and I am one tired MOM, Have a blessed evening ladies. Night

I have been using Elasta QP on and off for yeeeeeears! Recently I stopped because I wanted to use all natural products. But then I remembered how well the mango butter moisturized my hair and decided to revisit it :lol:

I also swore I would never use gels of any kind ever again, but now I have all types of gels in my house, including eco styler. I get the best definition with a gel product.

I had quit Nexxus emergencee, he was soo good to me but I was distracted by the smooth talking hustle of my elucence con. He was said c'mon boo, you have to sit under the dryer 2x with that bama. I am a one and done conditioner, let me bring some simplicity to ya life.

Emergencee and I have reconciled and we are in love.

Back