Can you crack the case?

Oh, just wondering.
I think I read in Iris's thread that L cystein can thicken existing strands.
did it say that? LOL
I dont even remember, but it does make sense that it will/can/does thicken your growing strands that have been fed the l-cysteine

I dont know about the hairs already on your head, the topical egg treatments might be able to help with that

I had this happen to the right side of my hair just recently. I tried all the above as well. I even cut my hair to SL length thinking that would help. Needless to say it didn't, so I don't suggest you do that. I decided that my moisture/protein balance was off...so I started to prepoo with ORS mayo and deep con with NTM daily moisture con and after 4 weeks, voila my hair was fixed.

Thanks for your input. I don't know what is going on. I wonder why our hair decides to act crazy sometimes.

Before you ACV rinse, can you spritz a little acv on in one part (so it's low mani) Then if that seems to work, you can commit to a rinse. If ACV will work, it works fast! I've spritzed ACV and water before. Gives great cuticle smoothing bennies!

I'm not sure but I get the feeling it might be a porosity problem.... If you're like me and you clarify, DC, moisturize, and protein when needed but your hair still feels weird or dry I think it's the porosity....

I agree that is what it sounds like to me, I hope you solve the problem Gym, I would hate for your to have cut your hair I think that should be your "ABSOLUTE" last resort.

I might have to try something more basic.....the baking soda would fit the bill. Maybe that can lift whatever is still there.

Kiya, I don't usually use a rinse right after I relax. I did it then to save time. Maybe that is part of the problem :wallbash:
I do live in an apartment so I am going to call them on monday and ask if they have changed anything.
maybe its more than one scenario, the rinse being a part of that too, dont they have protein too? Ive noticed the rinse I DO isnt as gentle as I thought , I can see it starting to take a toll, I only use it in the front/top/edges and its more dry there now all the time too:nono:

its like being sick and you have more than one thing going on and the doc only looks at one symptom and other things gets missed and ignored, so its best I guess to think it could be more than one thing, BS is going to be so drying and stripping, kinda scary and hair that is already feeling hardish/dry

my answer for everything, pour oil over your head and keep on doing it till something changes :lachen:

maybe its more than one scenario, the rinse being a part of that too, dont they have protein too? Ive noticed the rinse I DO isnt as gentle as I thought , I can see it starting to take a toll, I only use it in the front/top/edges and its more dry there now all the time too:nono:

its like being sick and you have more than one thing going on and the doc only looks at one symptom and other things gets missed and ignored, so its best I guess to think it could be more than one thing, BS is going to be so drying and stripping, kinda scary and hair that is already feeling hardish/dry

my answer for everything, pour oil over your head and keep on doing it till something changes :lachen:

That is what I did last night. :lol: I just soaked my hair in oil and went to bed. I washed it out this morning.

did it say that? LOL
I dont even remember, but it does make sense that it will/can/does thicken your growing strands that have been fed the l-cysteine

I dont know about the hairs already on your head, the topical egg treatments might be able to help with that

Hey Iris! Its ciera.
anyways, there was a long post here about that. I was confused when I read it but what you said (here) makes sense...about it GROWING thicker.

"L-cysteine can act as an antioxidant, may prevent liver diseases, and can help to thicken the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly."

Hey Iris! Its ciera.
anyways, there was a long post here about that. I was confused when I read it but what you said (here) makes sense...about it GROWING thicker.

"L-cysteine can act as an antioxidant, may prevent liver diseases, and can help to thicken the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly."

your back! :sneakyhug: hey girl!

ok then thats amazing and I'm really glad I'm taking that ish! :grin:

its so good for so many things! I am so glad I decided to take it now:yep:

yeah, I have too many questions to stay gone.
Howdy :smirk:
Ive been taking 1000 mg every night just about.

Sorry to hijack. back to the topic :look:

Hey Supergirl and JK

I figured it out. Protein! I needed alot more protein.

Even though I use a good amount in my regime already(you all know how I feel about my joico), with the color, I needed more. Basically, I overshot my moisture and because of that, my elasticity was shot. I used aphogee 2 step one week, waited 4 days and used Duo Tex under a dryer with heat. I did that again 3 days later. Then I did 2 tigi dumb blond reconstuctor treatments and finally, my hair seemed to come back. Now it is fine. I got impatient though and cut a little of it and now I am kicking myself for doing that :lol:

My hair was on the borderline of being over moisturized when I did my color which I found out later was actually not a bad thing. Protein is important for color treated hair but before the process, you really need to have your moisture levels up. Afterwards though, I just wasn't using strong enough proteins. I was using light ones frequently but sometimes, you need the magnitude of a stronger treatment.

I am glad you figured it out. :up:

Question:
When you use DuoTex under the dryer, do you use a plastic cap or do you do it more like an Aphogree treatment and just let the hair hang under the dryer?

I am glad you figured it out. :up:

Question:
When you use DuoTex under the dryer, do you use a plastic cap or do you do it more like an Aphogree treatment and just let the hair hang under the dryer?

I do it more like the aphogee treatment. I remembered reading that tip in one of your threads and I like it more your way.

glad u figured it out!....boy....protein is starting to be the answer to a lot of problems around here recently

glad u figured it out!....boy....protein is starting to be the answer to a lot of problems around here recently

I know in my case, I was too far on one side. I was using proteins but I think that whenever you are too far in either extreme.... the maintenance products are not going to get you back to a middle ground. Now, I still use the same protein products I was using before but since I got back to a happy medium, they help me keep balanced. I do use heavier proteins more often now because I am relaxed and color treated though.

I'm glad! There is such an unnecessary protein phobia on this board. I hope we are now realizing the importance of protein in a healthy hair regimen. :yep:

Okay Ladies, I got a problem.

My hair isn't holding a curl and most of my beloved products are not working.

I noticed this about 2 weeks ago. My hair seems so out of whack. It isn't breaking and my moisture protein balance seems intact but when I wash and condition my hair, it feels hard, like nothing is absorbing. The only products that are working are giovanni shampoo and conditioner and paul mitchell supercharged. The major common ingredient in the three are soybean protein btw. My favorite things, joico, pantene, etc..... are not working at all. My hair just gets hard and I end up pulling hair out in the comb. Also, when I rollerset it, my curls don't stay. I take the rollers out and within minutes, my entire head of hair is flat and straight.

In terms of what I have tried to do to fix it, I have used nexxus aloe rid shampoo which is clarifying and chelating, I have tried deep conditioning with heat, I have prepooed with oil over night with coconut oil, almond oil and I also used my hairveda oil. At this point, I really don't know what else to try. I am concerned because this is totally out of character for my head but it isn't breaking so :perplexed

If I can't get it back to normal, I think I will just have to cut it.

If you have any ideas of what is going on or any suggestions of things I could try, please let me know. Thanks Ladies.

When my hair doesnt hold a curl...is a sign that i need a trim...:ohwell:.

When was your last trim?

Back