~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

still applying twice a week. trying to get my mom to start applying to her hair in order to gain thickness. her hair has really thinned from age, a bad relaxer and relaxers in general.

my mom too, she has no edges, i bought her a big bottle!

I'm not in this challenge but I did add JBCO to my BB Castorl Oil and Aloe moisturizer, twist spritz, and I mixed a good amount of it into my Frankenstein DC, and at one point I was oil rinsing with it.. I've only been using JBCO since the beginning of this month so no real results just yet but I'm crossing my fingers.

Is anyone using JBCO on their edges :look:? I wanted to know how long you've been using it and when did you start to see your edges fill in?

I got a relaxer recently and I'm not underprocessed so I'm curious to see how the jbco will affect me, I'm trying to keep up with applying and massaging like every other night, I like to do it before a wash, since it's so heavy.

Wish I could buy JBCO locally. It's just so expensive, and the shipping usually costs about the same as the bottle. You can buy 64 oz. of regular castor oil for almost the amount of one bottle of JBCO.

Is anyone using JBCO on their edges :look:? I wanted to know how long you've been using it and when did you start to see your edges fill in?

i've been using jbco for about a couple of months or so and yes, my edges are just starting to fill in nicely!:grin:

I noticed a difference in my edges within a month. I use it 4x per week and mix it with Jojoba Oil and Peppermint Oil.

Last edited:
after washing my hair I have been using JBCO mixed with EVOO to detangle my hair and it does so much better than condish. My hair the next day is soft too. I love JBCO.

I am about out my cutenss castor oil mixture :sad: I was waiting to see if I could get a free shipping code from Sam's 24/7. No luck. So I am going to break down and buy some this weekend. I want to finish with JBCO, since that is what I started with.

I am still using it on my scalp only, 2-3x a week, only after I wash. It will be interesting to see if I gained any length, since I have not straightened since February, when I did my BKT.

We are about there girls :yay: Will a new challenge start, after we post our results? :look:

Hey cuteness, I feel you on immediately starting another challenge! I am so tempted to keep on trucking at least for another 2 months. My hair is doing well with JBCO! I must admit waaaaaaaaay better than using regular castor oil alone. Loves it!

I am about out my cutenss castor oil mixture :sad: I was waiting to see if I could get a free shipping code from Sam's 24/7. No luck. So I am going to break down and buy some this weekend. I want to finish with JBCO, since that is what I started with.

I am still using it on my scalp only, 2-3x a week, only after I wash. It will be interesting to see if I gained any length, since I have not straightened since February, when I did my BKT.

We are about there girls :yay: Will a new challenge start, after we post our results? :look:

Lol! yes don't worry ladies there will be another challenge after this one. But first I'm going to do another surprise contest that will last 1 week, :grin: then the CO challenge cycle 2 will begin.

I bought the prizes yesterday the only thing is that my BSS now carries Sunny Isle Black Castor oil instead of the Tropic Isle brand it looks the same and smells the same though. So you three lucky winners will get a free bottle! good luck! :yep:

hi BlackGeisha!

i know i haven't checked in for quite a while, so i just want to say it is "PURE COINCIDENCE" that i just happen to check in when there is talk of prizes coming out!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
(i'm not looking to win something, not that it would be bad, but i just want to gain a healthy head of hair; that's more than enough WIN for me,lol)

what i actually checked in to say is that, yes, i've been using my jbco even when yall haven't heard from me, and last night, after i applied my dc's, i sealed them with some jbco on top before wrapping it all up for my overnight treatment!:grin:

glad there will be another CO challenge coming soon!
(and hope to have more time to actually post my check in's!)

hhj ladies!

hi BlackGeisha!

i know i haven't checked in for quite a while, so i just want to say it is "PURE COINCIDENCE" that i just happen to check in when there is talk of prizes coming out!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
(i'm not looking to win something, not that it would be bad, but i just want to gain a healthy head of hair; that's more than enough WIN for me,lol)

what i actually checked in to say is that, yes, i've been using my jbco even when yall haven't heard from me, and last night, after i applied my dc's, i sealed them with some jbco on top before wrapping it all up for my overnight treatment!:grin:

glad there will be another CO challenge coming soon!
(and hope to have more time to actually post my check in's!)

hhj ladies!

hi!

uh-huh, someone mentions the word free and here you come! lol! j/k :lachen:

oh I love overnight CO treatments my hair is soft like butter in the morning :grin:

glad to see your still going strong hhg!

hi!

uh-huh, someone mentions the word free and here you come! lol! j/k :lachen:

oh I love overnight CO treatments my hair is soft like butter in the morning :grin:

glad to see your still going strong hhg!

right?! here i come popping out of nowhere when that word FREE gets mentioned! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

but seriously, i'm about to perm in the next 2 weeks and in the self perming threads i've researched, they say jbco and/or coconut oil is good to prepare our scalps for the chemicals, so here i am again, i'm back!

gonna cowash today then drench my hair in jbco.:yep:

well, looks like i'm not going to perm in the next 2 wks afterall.

my stretching friends are pulling me in, and yeah, i do want to continue, so....i'll stretch some more.

but i put my dc on last night, then i sealed it in with some jbco!

There are no problems with having JBCO on your scalp when you relax, are there?

No, I had jbco on my scalp when I relaxed and my hair and I are fine.

well, looks like i'm not going to perm in the next 2 wks afterall.

my stretching friends are pulling me in, and yeah, i do want to continue, so....i'll stretch some more.

but i put my dc on last night, then i sealed it in with some jbco!

I tried to stretch my last relaxer but didn't make it, I never make it. :lachen:

I BC'd about a month ago, but I'm still using the pomade on my scalp every night. My progress pictures may look a little off though...

Checking in. Been applying my castor oil to my scalp regularly at least 2x's a week, sometimes more. I've really been enjoying this challenge :yep:.

I examined a shed hair today. It was definitely thicker (in diameter) than what I had when I started this journey a little over a year ago. Only the last centimeter or so was thin and see thru.
But I noticed that my root bulb seemed to be black instead of white. Is that due to the JBCO? I think I read that somwhere.

Lol! yes don't worry ladies there will be another challenge after this one. But first I'm going to do another surprise contest that will last 1 week, :grin: then the CO challenge cycle 2 will begin.

I bought the prizes yesterday the only thing is that my BSS now carries Sunny Isle Black Castor oil instead of the Tropic Isle brand it looks the same and smells the same though. So you three lucky winners will get a free bottle! good luck! :yep:

Yay, new challenge. Sign me up :yep: I plan to order some of the Sunny Isle in the extra dark. I read a thread on here somewhere about the extra dark and ash content, and it being better...IDK, but it sounded good. :lick:

But I did order a castor oil pomade. I used the last drops of my CCOM after my wash last night. So my new product should be here my Thursday, which will be my next wash. But I think I am going to try the pomade daily, and see how it goes. I'll keep ya posted :peace:

Yay, new challenge. Sign me up :yep: I plan to order some of the Sunny Isle in the extra dark. I read a thread on here somewhere about the extra dark and ash content, and it being better...IDK, but it sounded good. :lick:

But I did order a castor oil pomade. I used the last drops of my CCOM after my wash last night. So my new product should be here my Thursday, which will be my next wash. But I think I am going to try the pomade daily, and see how it goes. I'll keep ya posted :peace:

oh ok, so the sunny isle brand has some good reviews, I had never heard of it until I saw it @ the BSS. I was so used to the tropical isle brand, good to know.

I examined a shed hair today. It was definitely thicker (in diameter) than what I had when I started this journey a little over a year ago. Only the last centimeter or so was thin and see thru.
But I noticed that my root bulb seemed to be black instead of white. Is that due to the JBCO? I think I read that somwhere.

I've never heard this, maybe some of the other ladies have.

Back