Braidouts=Growth? Summer=Growth?

dahllia

What about braid outs equal growth when your ends are out and the process of the braid out leads to breakage? Is anyone successfully growing their hair with braidouts? If you are, what do you think is making it grow? Also, What about the summer time allows the hair to grow faster pertaining to the heat and does anyone think it can be duplicated for the winter? Like head massages, working up a sweat, wearing a scarf or hat all winter, etc. I know I know, crazy
nuts.gif
questions but it was worth a shot
smile.gif

I think that braid outs grow ur hair because it acts as an alternative to flat ironing and curling irons and using blow dryers.
Growing hair in the winter: staying away from wool hats unless wearing a silk scarf underneath, moisturizing even more,a humidifier could work as well, exercising, eating right. Coming in from the cold and logging onto this board.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that braid outs grow ur hair because it acts as an alternative to flat ironing and curling irons and using blow dryers.
Growing hair in the winter: staying away from wool hats unless wearing a silk scarf underneath, moisturizing even more,a humidifier could work as well, exercising, eating right. Coming in from the cold and logging onto this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, thanks Bimbabe, those things all make sense, especially the one about coming in from the cold and logging on to this board.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I think the reason my hair grows with braid out is because I am not messing with it. I wash, detangle in the shower, braid and that's it. I don't do anything else unless I mist and braid again. The key to braid out is keeping it moisturized and no manipulation.
smile.gif

Ur welcome.
My hair gets really dry during the winter and it is like no amount of mositure works. So I just pray it won't break off and keep it in a folded over bun.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason my hair grows with braid out is because I am not messing with it. I wash, detangle in the shower, braid and that's it. I don't do anything else unless I mist and braid again. The key to braid out is keeping it moisturized and no manipulation.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Miosy, but do you take your braids out and finger comb it, you know leaving it out?....cause thats where I used to get tripped up with breakage, so I just stopped trying to do it. As pretty as it looked it was just too much trouble. If you are just braiding after washes and leaving it until your next mist or something, I understand. That sounds cool
smile.gif

Back