Bra-Strap length 2006 Ladies, How is it going

MizaniMami

All of you ladies who are in the BSL 2006 challenge how is it going? Still think your gonna reach your goals?

I am going to cut 2-3 inches off tonight. But I still hope to be BSL by december.

What about you ladies?

MizaniMami said:
All of you ladies who are in the BSL 2006 challenge how is it going? Still think your gonna reach your goals?

I am going to cut 2-3 inches off tonight. But I still hope to be BSL by december.

What about you ladies?

Why are you doing this?

I should be there by December. I'm really not that far, but I'm hoping I don't have any setbacks. The only "adventurous" thing I'm going to try is henna. So hopefully all will be well.

I am doing gr8 and now that I am on the GHLW challenge I really think I will reach my goal by the end of the year.

I plan on reaching APL by June and when I hit that target it will only be 2 – 3 inches from there to BSL.

MonaRae

Yeah, i still think i am gonna make it. :D I cant wait to take my next set of pics, which will be on July 7. I actually hope to make BSL before my goal of Dec, so that i can get a good trim, and then grow it back out to BSL before the new year. I dont wanna trim to majorly before this time.

Good luck you guys, let's hear more progress updates. :)

marie170 said:
Why are you doing this?

Because the bottom 2 inches are kinda see-through. That blowdry/flat iron routine was killing me. I want to get those out the way so i can move in the healthy hair. I keep trying to make my self save them but it's not worth it. I think I can still make BSL if I keep up with this no heat thing. I have gained one inch in april so if I keep this up I can have about 4-7 inches by dec. I am only 2 inches away from BSL now though.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, i still think i am gonna make it. :D I cant wait to take my next set of pics, which will be on July 7. I actually hope to make BSL before my goal of Dec, so that i can get a good trim, and then grow it back out to BSL before the new year. I dont wanna trim to majorly before this time.

Good luck you guys, let's hear more progress updates. :)

That's around the time when I plan to use heat to check my updates! I can't wait!

You ladies better keep us updated! This year will be over in no time, look how fast last year went:look:

Im glad this thread was started again. :) I was trying to do a search for the old Bra Strap in 2006 Challenge thread, and i was unable to do the search. For some reason it was saying i was restricted or something... strange.

Anyway, glad we started fresh with this one, the other one had gotten so long.

So far so good. I thought I would be at BSL last month, but I did a little trim do to a couple of split ends and I didn't feel like going through and doing some dusting.
I have about 1-2 inches to go, so I am aiming for somewhere during the summer months to be at BSL.

cocowhite said:
So far so good. I thought I would be at BSL last month, but I did a little trim do to a couple of split ends and I didn't feel like going through and doing some dusting.
I have about 1-2 inches to go, so I am aiming for somewhere during the summer months to be at BSL.

Looking GOOD girl, you may be there by your next touch-up, or at the latest the one right after that. :) Beautiful.

MizaniMami said:

MizaniMami, your hair is looking so gorgeous and shiny in your signature pics. Do you have a Fokti or other hair journal? :D

I got my hair relaxed at La Var by Marcia on the yesterday after 6 months. I have no complains. However I am worried by the amout of hair I am losing, mind you my hair is still thick. I got 3 blow outs 2 week apart in the month of march / April. I noticed after blow out number 3 an increased in the broken hair. But the breakage could also be because of new growth and the different textures. My last relaxer was in the first week of december 2005. I was losing 25-60 stands of hair post relaxer however yesterday I washed it and I lost about 15-25 strands. Most were long I did not examine it. I know I should not blow dry back to back like that but it was for a job interview so I had no choice. what sould I do I am taking advice I need to curb the breakage. My hair is always moisturized, condition and in a baggie. My hair is 1-2.5 inches from the top of my bra 2-3.5 inches from the bottom of my bra and 3.5-5 inche away from my goal. I want to be at the bottom of my bra by the end of the year. I know it is possibly since I am only 1-3.5 inches away. These are all strech length by hair curl up when wet since it is texturized

it's going well. i'm exercising more so i'm washing more. i have about 3-4 inches to go. i'll update after my next relaxer in about a month. hopefully i'll be there by december 31st :)

SweetCaramel1 said:
it's going well. i'm exercising more so i'm washing more. i have about 3-4 inches to go. i'll update after my next relaxer in about a month. hopefully i'll be there by december 31st :)

Personally I believe you will be there by August! Good job!

I have scheduled my 6 month t/u for next Tuesday and hope to be there by then, but for some strange reason, I have been so nervous that I am going to be disappointed when I go.:confused: I mean, I was "almost" there at my last t/u on 12/7/05 (pics in my album), so I only have a few inches to go, but I have really been obsessing about not being pleased with my growth after 6 months.

I have seen some of the ladies progress in times shorter than 6 months and it has been amazing, so I hope my hair can just behave accordingly!!!

I'll post pics after my t/u next week to see if I made it.

BB

blackbarbie said:
I have scheduled my 6 month t/u for next Tuesday and hope to be there by then, but for some strange reason, I have been so nervous that I am going to be disappointed when I go.:confused: I mean, I was "almost" there at my last t/u on 12/7/05 (pics in my album), so I only have a few inches to go, but I have really been obsessing about not being pleased with my growth after 6 months.

I have seen some of the ladies progress in times shorter than 6 months and it has been amazing, so I hope my hair can just behave accordingly!!!

I'll post pics after my t/u next week to see if I made it.

BB

Oh girl don't worry about that! Just worry about getting your hair ready for that relaxer! I am SURE you made it to BSL. It looks like you had it by a hair in your siggy!

Good luck and make sure you keep us updated.

I'm hoping to be there by December....I'm experiencing post-partum shedding so hopefully it won't last long and I won't have thin, see-thru BSL hair.

I'm hoping to get there by December. I may need to do a big trim before that. I really need 4 inches to be there.

I hope to be there by September (if im lucky), if not Dec is great. I think i should be able to make it. I am about an inch past apl and my hair grows approx 1.5-2inches a month.

well i am always hitting brastrap and then some stylist cuts it in a style. The last cut was my call but I still think she cut more than the three inches I asked for. I finally made it bsl and I promise not to cut my hair off for a year. No trims, no cuts, just barely dusting. Good luck, ladies!

I think I will make it by Dec 31 :lol:

My next measurement will be either May 29th or the 9th of June.. I was supposed to relax on the 2nd but Im getting 6 teeth taken out (I have 6 wisdom teeth ) :eek:

Anyhoo.. I think I will make it ! :)

I wanna be there by December, but I'm like 4 inches away and I have 8 months to get there...that means that I have to be very disiplined with my regimen and do a flawless performance all the way to December.:eek: I wonder if I can do it?:look:

At the beginning of last month I was about 4 inches away from my goal. I measured my hair last week, and now I'm 3 inches away. I hope I can reach this goal by the end of the summer!

I think I joined this challenge...I don't remember:lol:

I hope to be ringing in the New Year swinging my BSL hair from side to side...:lol:

I may make it by the very end of December. Right now I'm 1/2 inch from armpit with more than 5 months of new growth. When I get a relaxer next month I expect to be past armpit. I have 3 inches between armpit and brastrap, so if I can retain 1/2 inch a month I should be at brastrap by December.

Back