Bra-Strap length 2006 Ladies, How is it going

Phoenix said:
I may make it by the very end of December. Right now I'm 1/2 inch from armpit with more than 5 months of new growth. When I get a relaxer next month I expect to be past armpit. I have 3 inches between armpit and brastrap, so if I can retain 1/2 inch a month I should be at brastrap by December.

You have had excellent progress...I think I was shoulder length in December too but I have about 2 and 1/2 inches or a little more to go to reach APL...I did have my hair trimmed a few times along the way though.:(

I'm in!

I've been really good so far not having any major cuts this year. However, it's hard for me though (not to cut it) when the weather gets hot! The past three years have bee tough. I have never made it through the summer without cutting it.

For the past two months, I've been creating/wearing updos to help me make it through and so far so good. I have a good feeling this year I'm going to make it! ;)

Asha, your hair looks amazing. Absolutely gorgeous.

Well I just got braids..... im going to the beach for a long wknd and i wanted to have the freedom to romp about the water without stress. So i'll probably keep these braids in for about 3 weeks...... I love braids, they're the ultimate protective style to me.... so hopefully they'll help me keep my hands out of my hair.

KiniKakes said:
Asha, your hair looks amazing. Absolutely gorgeous.

Well I just got braids..... im going to the beach for a long wknd and i wanted to have the freedom to romp about the water without stress. So i'll probably keep these braids in for about 3 weeks...... I love braids, they're the ultimate protective style to me.... so hopefully they'll help me keep my hands out of my hair.

Thank you! :)

I have about 2 inches to go. I hope to be there by the end of August (end of summer) and then I will maintain it at BSL for at least about six months, trimming, clipping, and dusting ends while I grow out my layers and little short spots and thicken it up!

I can't wait! I'm so excited!:D

I actually want to be bra strap by end of this year, which I'd BETTER be! But I'm not exactly sure how I'm doing cuz I REFUSE to press or measure my hair before November of this year. I wanted to give myself close to a YEAR before I measured cause then I'm "guaranteed" to see growth right?

But I need to trim my hair so I haven't decided if I will give in, press it professionally, and trim it, or if I'll twist it and trim it myself.

I was armpit January of this year so I figured I could get to BSL by end of this year. But last year I swore I only got about 2 inches of growth--not sure what happened :mad: But I joined LHCF then and got my ish together...so happy hair growing to everyone and best of luck!! ;) :)

I am hanging in there. If I reach, I think it will be the very wee end of December. Seeing if these new Aveda products will get me there. Sistaslick's 101 post has def got me fine tuning my regimine and listening to my hair.

Well Congrats to Anky and Blackbarbie who made it to BSL.
Asha97 your hair is gorgeous, that cut is the reason I am sooo in love with layers, I love your 12/05 pic.
I think I'm doing fine, I still hope to be there by 12/06. I did a small trim last wk only 1/4 to 1/2 inch. all around that was my second trim this yr. just to keep the ends fresh. Hopefully I'll gain more then .5 a month and start gaining 1 inch a month.

Well now let's see.....I cut about 4 or five inches in January, so now I am 2 inches below shoulder. It is now May, and December is 7 months away. That will yield me about 3.5 inches to add to my length. This will put me right around APL (where I started in January). So, unfortunaely no. However, I did achieve my desired goal of having my hair be all one length (which is why I cut it in the first place). So I'm cool with that. ;-)

Asha97 said:
I'm in!

I've been really good so far not having any major cuts this year. However, it's hard for me though (not to cut it) when the weather gets hot! The past three years have bee tough. I have never made it through the summer without cutting it.

For the past two months, I've been creating/wearing updos to help me make it through and so far so good. I have a good feeling this year I'm going to make it! ;)

Beautiful hair girl! BE-A-U-TI-FUL!

You ladies have some thick, gorgeous hair.

Well, I have increased my washes to twice a week, starting back on MTG and biotin. I also considering braids for a no manipulation style.

tthreat08 said:
Beautiful hair girl! BE-A-U-TI-FUL!

Thank you! ;)

Still going strong on the updos. I'll be wearing it down the on June 17 - 18 weekend for an event, but afterwards its back to updos for the summer.

Hope everyone else is still on track as well.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Well Congrats to Anky and Blackbarbie who made it to BSL.
Asha97 your hair is gorgeous, that cut is the reason I am sooo in love with layers, I love your 12/05 pic.
I think I'm doing fine, I still hope to be there by 12/06. I did a small trim last wk only 1/4 to 1/2 inch. all around that was my second trim this yr. just to keep the ends fresh. Hopefully I'll gain more then .5 a month and start gaining 1 inch a month.

Thank you Chica! I've cut my hair all one length many times in the past, but I always end up going back to layers.

I did a rollerset last night and I am grazing the top of the brastrap, I feel like the shortest layers (1" past APL) will get there by late august no later than my bday September 28th. I am going to try to stretch my relaxer until the 22nd of September but if I can't I'll relax Aug. 24th.

I chopped close to 2 inches because of split ends, so I don't know. But my first real goal is even ends and no layers. So that will be my focus this year.

Um, I think Im doin pretty good, think Ill be there by December
MayBrastrap.jpg

marie170 said:
You have had excellent progress...I think I was shoulder length in December too but I have about 2 and 1/2 inches or a little more to go to reach APL...I did have my hair trimmed a few times along the way though.:(

Thanks, but my signature is a little deceiving. I wore braids for 3 months at the end of 2005. When I put the braids in I was a little above shoulder and when I took them down in December I was an inch or so past shoulder length. So I probably reached shoulder in October or November.

I'm getting a relaxer next Tuesday and I'm anxious. I REALLY want to be at APL or longer. I've been telling myself that I've made good progress and not to get too worked up over the exact length...but we'll see.

SweetCaramel1 said:
it's going well. i'm exercising more so i'm washing more. i have about 3-4 inches to go. i'll update after my next relaxer in about a month. hopefully i'll be there by december 31st :)

We are in the same boat! I have about three or four more inches to go. Right now it seems like I am at a stand still. Any suggestions. :ohwell:

So far so good.I have a ways to go but I think I can make it before new years. Positive thoughts! These other challenges compliment each other so I'm sure I'll make it. Even if I dont I'll be glad with the length that I've gained because its longer than my usual shoulder length. So positive thoughts all the way!

KhandiB said:
MayBrastrap.jpg

Looking GOOD Khandi. :D You'll definitely be there by December.

Im doing okay over here as well..... still moisturizing, still on top of my protein game, still mtg'ing...... and most importantly, still wearing my protective styles daily. :grin:

Come on BRA-STRAP, babyyyyyyy. I can almost TASTE it.:lachen:

KiniKakes said:
Looking GOOD Khandi. :D You'll definitely be there by December.

Im doing okay over here as well..... still moisturizing, still on top of my protein game, still mtg'ing...... and most importantly, still wearing my protective styles daily. :grin:

Come on BRA-STRAP, babyyyyyyy. I can almost TASTE it.:lachen:

How often do you do protein treats?

Well I was hoping to be their by Aug. I dont know tho. I have to get a few inches cut off tomorrow (I have been told between 2 or 3) so I dont know where I will stand. I am almost there now. But off the cut I might be aiming for Dec.

I know I can do it tho. I rather have healthy ends then making it all raggedy by the ends.

KhandiB said:
MayBrastrap.jpg

:eek: OMG. This hair is gorgeous!

ETA: as for me, I'm about 3 to 4 inches away. I'd love to be BS by my October one-year anniversary...but I'll be happy as long as it's by December (I onlly get .5 inch a month...no supergrowth like the girls getting 2 inches a month. But slow and steady are fine for me) .

I've just resolved to enjoy my hair as it is and hope for the best!

Last edited:
How are my Bra Strap by 2006 ladies doing? :wave:

Any good news to report..... changes in regimens......setbacks? Helpful tips that you can offer others.... Fokti updates?

I have a couple of inches to go before Bra Strap.... but im REALLY hoping to reach it before my goal of December, because i want to allow for a good trim, as I am hoping for a nice, fresh, blunt bra strap by Dec 2006.

Let's continue to support and motivate one another. We still have another 5 months of growing left before the year ends. :bouncegre

Hey Kini!!

No new regimen here. Same old same ole! I need about 2.5 inches left to be at BSL.

But I am seriously enjoying the journey.

Not sure if I'll be there by December (i'm still hoping) , I don't think I've had much growth in the last 6 mos. I'm concentrating on moisture & protective styling until then so we'll see.

Khandi & Kinicakes...beautiful progress!

Back