BKT alternative?

I did the kera minerals smoothing system last week and washed today. It wasn't as straight as a BKT after the treatment and I did a lot of working out so my new growth was very kinky, but when I washed today my hair was straighter than I thought it would be.

overall the cysteine treatment was easier to do than a keratin treatment because you don't have to flat iron and comb out your hair with the treatment on it. I'm going to go with the cysteine treatment. I'm going to try arosci treatment next.

Kurlee
Did you have trouble ordering from Arosci? Did you create an account online and order that way, or did you call and order? I keep getting an error message when I try to order online. I called DE. They reluctantly gave me the name of a distributor.

no problem at all. Just created an account and ordered. What do you mean by reluctantly?:look:

I wonder why I'm having problems. I set up an account on Arosci's site. It was very easy, but then I tried to order the product and I kept getting an error message.

I called DE and the rep (she was a sista) tried to get me off the phone immediately. I called to ask the price of the treatment. Her response was that she couldn't answer any questions about the product if I wasn't a stylist. I explained to her that my stylist was going to call and order the product and that I wanted to know the price. She sighed, put me on hold for awhile and then gave me the name of a distributor in my area before reminding me that she couldn't give me info.

I understand she had to do her job and I appreciate her giving me the name of a distributor. She never gave me the price.

yodie said:
Kurlee
Did you have trouble ordering from Arosci? Did you create an account online and order that way, or did you call and order? I keep getting an error message when I try to order online. I called DE. They reluctantly gave me the name of a distributor.

If you can get a distributor to sell to you PM me

I wonder why I'm having problems. I set up an account on Arosci's site. It was very easy, but then I tried to order the product and I kept getting an error message.

I called DE and the rep (she was a sista) tried to get me off the phone immediately. I called to ask the price of the treatment. Her response was that she couldn't answer any questions about the product if I wasn't a stylist. I explained to her that my stylist was going to call and order the product and that I wanted to know the price. She sighed, put me on hold for awhile and then gave me the name of a distributor in my area before reminding me that she couldn't give me info.

I understand she had to do her job and I appreciate her giving me the name of a distributor. She never gave me the price.

weird how hush hush they are:rolleyes:

Didn't someone say that Payne Beauty Supply charges less if you're a stylist?
I'd prefer to order a sample to see how it works on my hair before I spend a ridiculous amount on something that isn't good for my hair and I end up adding it to the pile of products that I already have/can't use.

Has anyone used the Arosci or DE foam that makes your hair straight? I'm curious to see if the foam for those desiring straight styles will allow me to rollerset to get a straighter look instead of using the blow dryer and flat iron. I'm also curious to see if the foam will allow me to do flat twists on wet hair and wear the twist out in a chignon without all the shrinkage, frizz, etc.

IS THE FOAM FOR STRAIGHTER STYLES HARDER ON THE HAIR THAN THE ELONGATION FOAM? ANYONE KNOW?

This product has my hopes all high. I need to stop because all these 'miracle' products never seem to work for my hair.

Last edited:
Just spoke with someone at Arosci. I can only purchase the foam if I'm a licensed stylist. That's why I've been getting an error msg on their website. UGH!

luckiestdestiny, Have you sampled either DE or Arosci yet?

Yodie I think Kurlee sampled Arosci so I'm sure she has a link as to how to get it (or at least I hope so). Right now I'm just a fly on the wall...albeit a very interested one...I always move slowly with things like this because stuff that works perfectly on others can sometimes be disastrous for me (perhaps because of thyroid disease [which occasionally likes to go hypo even with my med and I have to re adjust which also pulls a doozy on my hair], coupled with anemia...so my hair is already super dry and brittle...and I have to work hard to overcome those in order to maintain and continue to gain length. Correction...its dry and brittle without the extra conditioning stuff I do to overcome it. I just got to hip but cut back two inches because I'm obsessed with the way ends look. I mean...my relatives were like they're fine but I was like :spinning: whatever! I want that beautiful blunt look (and I think I still have an inch to do that even despite that! I must admit I'm a cutting freak and need to put the scissors down I've probably cut off half my progress in the past year alone without reason, just because I want it to look a certain way). So I'm always super cautious and diligent with my hair because of the issues I have to overcome. So while I root for those who try this, I will continue to research and then perhaps do a test on just my bangs...see how that goes...and then decide whether to do the rest depending ont he results.

Last edited:
I went to get the keratin blowout express this past thursday and my stylist informed me that she now offers the DE elongation system. She was going to use me as her first client, but she said it was way more expensive than the keratin blowout express. The Kerating Blowout cost me $150.00 due to my length, but she said it may cost $350 for me to get the DE system, so I think I am going to pass. I wear hijab, so it doesn't really make sense for someone like me to spend that kind of money on my hair. My hair was very straight with the keratin Blowout express and I washed it today and it has definately reduced my tangles and frizz. I am 4a/b, but my hair looks like 4a now and my hair, although shruken, hangs longer and is more defined. I like it, but not sure if I plan to get this done often. My hair was cut back from waist to barely MBL, so I am wondering if this will be good for helping me with retention. Any of you ladies that have used one of these products, whether keratin or an alternative, has this helped with retention?

Yodie I think Kurlee sampled Arosci so I'm sure she has a link as to how to get it (or at least I hope so). Right now I'm just a fly on the wall...albeit a very interested one...I always move slowly with things like this because stuff that works perfectly on others can sometimes be disastrous for me (perhaps because of thyroid disease [which occasionally likes to go hypo even with my med and I have to re adjust which also pulls a doozy on my hair], coupled with anemia...so my hair is already super dry and brittle...and I have to work hard to overcome those in order to maintain and continue to gain length. Correction...its dry and brittle without the extra conditioning stuff I do to overcome it. I just got to hip but cut back two inches because I'm obsessed with the way ends look. I mean...my relatives were like they're fine but I was like :spinning: whatever! I want that beautiful blunt look (and I think I still have an inch to do that even despite that! I must admit I'm a cutting freak and need to put the scissors down I've probably cut off half my progress in the past year alone without reason, just because I want it to look a certain way). So I'm always super cautious and diligent with my hair because of the issues I have to overcome. So while I root for those who try this, I will continue to research and then perhaps do a test on just my bangs...see how that goes...and then decide whether to do the rest depending ont he results.
I just bought it from the website

^^^ Thank you. Now I get it. I was attempting to order from arosci.com and not arosci.net

Last edited:
Just a quick report back on the Naked Assuage.

I did the back portion of my hair (totaling about 1 inch from the nape upwards) on Sat. No odd smells from the product, fairly straightforward process, although I only used the ceramic iron for 1-2 passes. I liked the results. It's hard to tell the dif betw that section and the rest of my hair because right after I shampooed, blow dried and flat ironed (which I do weekly) my hair always pretty much looks as if its relaxed. But I could tell during the rinse out that the very back portion was softer and the curls were looser.

I'm wishing I had done my whole head and seriously considering doing the rest tomorrow since it's a holiday ... Esp since my real challenging area is the gray hairs (that are now dyed dark brown) that are in the crown part of my head. The texture of those sections is completely different/a lot more wiry than the non-grays :( and I could use some loosening of the texture of those hair strands.

So on the whole I liked the products and will continue to use them based on my initial results.

I look forward to hearing about the results from DE elongation mousse from those who are planning on buying the DE product. :)

Peppermynt said:

I did the back portion of my hair (totaling about 1 inch from the nape upwards) on Sat. No odd smells from the product, fairly straightforward process, although I only used the ceramic iron for 1-2 passes. I liked the results. It's hard to tell the dif betw that section and the rest of my hair because right after I shampooed, blow dried and flat ironed (which I do weekly) my hair always pretty much looks as if its relaxed. But I could tell during the rinse out that the very back portion was softer and the curls were looser.

I'm wishing I had done my whole head and seriously considering doing the rest tomorrow since it's a holiday ... Esp since my real challenging area is the gray hairs (that are now dyed dark brown) that are in the crown part of my head. The texture of those sections is completely different/a lot more wiry than the non-grays :( and I could use some loosening of the texture of those hair strands.

So on the whole I liked the products and will continue to use them based on my initial results.

I look forward to hearing about the results from DE elongation mousse from those who are planning on buying the DE product. :)

Is this a foam or serum?

Were there any fumes? Did it lift your hair colour?

Were there any fumes? Did it lift your hair colour?

No fumes, hair color looks the same. :) I'm at the beach this week so I will see how it performs once I get it wet in the surf. :yep:

I liked and will probably do the rest mid-month (I didn't finish it on July 4th as I thought I might.) So far so good though. :grin:

Atlanta ladies Arosci is doing a free class at the Bronner Bros show this Aug. Here's the link to the class listing. Also tickets for the show are half priced until July 15th.

Design Essentials also has a free class on their Strenthening Therapy Systems on Sunday and Monday. I will be a hair model on one of those days.

yea my hair feels flat too, but like u said the ease of detangling is very seductive. Blown out twist outs and braid outs don't get as fluffy.
I probably combed my hair 5 times since June. 2/3 times jus cuz i was bored.

Would you guys trust doing a cysteine treatment on a 4 year old? My DD has thick and resistant 4a/b hair that could use some taming.

JazziLady! Did you try the treatment on your 4 year old? Looks like no one responded. Did you ask one of the customer service reps at Arosci or DE?

I used the Arosci Foam on my bangs about two weeks ago. I'm wearing a half wig, so this is the only part that's exposed. It's still early, but so far, so good. My hair seemed a teeny bit dryer, but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem if I DC'd weekly. So far, my bangs seem stronger, I still have some kink/curl in my bang, minus all the frizz, detangles and dries a little straighter. So far I really like it and would love to have this done a few months down the line. I'd like to be able to wash, DC, do flat twists and dry underneath a hooded dryer. If this worked for my hair, it would save me a lot of heat, time, and money.

Anyone else try either DE or Arosci?

luckiestdestiny I loved the Silk Elements and Argan Oil as a DC.

Last edited:
Back