Beware The Man With An Ulterior Motive

^^ oh ok I was meaning just the act of sex. I wasn't including physical intimacy(cuddling, kissing) in that. I do feel you should test the physical chemistry intimacy and comfort levels.

You called my decision weak and now you call me extra sensitive. I'm not the one with a problem. Its called a conversation. Why can't you engage in it without resorting to this?

Did you miss the 'if'? Simmer down. I am engaging just fine with anyone that wants to engage.

Wow That really blows my mind. Thanks for.your answers!

No problem lol. I don't come to the relationship forum nor do I intentionally post here because I know my more liberal views and love of sex is different from what most people believe around here :lol:. I first posted here when it was in Off topics, before it was moved.

Everything will fall apart pretty quickly if I am not sexually compatible with a man so it is way more than 5% for me. I am not saying there only needs to be sexual compatibility, but it needs to be there in the mix along with other stuff.

Last edited:
No problem lol. I don't come to the relationship forum nor do I intentionally post here because I know my more liberal views and love of sex is different from what most people believe around here :lol:. I first posted here when it was in Off topics, before it was moved.

Everything will fall apart pretty quickly if I am not sexually compatible with a man so it is way more than 5% for me. I am not saying there only needs to be sexual compatibility, but it needs to be there in the mix along with other stuff.

Yeah I think my opinion is warped lol my friends were in the 35-50 range.

I agree whole heartedly.More like...65% for me :look::drunk: I will dump a ninja in a heartbeat over bad sex.

As for the OP, IDK that had to even be a letter. Dude got issues. Sounds like she's got major issues too.

nadaa16

".... sex is Like 5% of a relationship. Maximum."
Where are you getting this information? That is equivalent to sex 18 times per year.

I'd say more people than not have sex once per week so 15% or 52 times per year presuming two working adults with kids. No kids, then maybe 50%.

No, commitment to me is a ring and a date. I'll be a virgin until my wedding night. Idk I just find it weird when people say that because sex is Like 5% of a relationship. Maximum.
So like if you're vibing with a man .bd he is super great in most areas but hes not good in bed you'd leave or do you mean something different? (if I'm not being too in your business lol!)
Like I don't get what sex changes butter I'm told its because I've never had it. Lol

I am mostly a lurker here, but I agree 1000% with Darkjoy and Ogoma:
We do NOT have a relationship if we are not sexually compatible. Of course everything matters but if the sex is not great it is a no go.

In regard of the original topic: He has already shown that he is unreliable and not considerate. His financial issues are not a valid excuse. I think she should dump him.
But I know women always find excuses for men when they are hooked (I've been guilty of that too).I think she will stay with him anyway, otherwise she wouldn't even ask.

Last edited:
Wow I was in almost identical situation some years back. I thought it might be the same dude. Dude was late for our first date and stood me up for our 3rd. He was just full of excuses. He texted me 2 weeks after the 3rd date. I hit delete and that was the end of that. Guys will treat you how you allow them to.

I heard someone say that women treat the dating process as if it is the end and not a period of discernment which is why women get end up with men instead of choosing the right partner. After only six weeks, this girl is having all this mental anguish for a homeless man. Her mother/sister/friends need to school her.

His instability and the boo-hoo car story is enough for me

I do think its weird how the OP keeps focusing on the fact that he wanted to be her bf without sex first. I mean why is he acting like he hasnt heard of people MARRYING without having sex first. if anything its the 3 dates later thing that made me pause, the whole commiting without sex isnt uncommon. what a weirdo.

anyway the girl needs to do better and leave homeless Pat alone.

I heard someone say that women treat the dating process as if it is the end and not a period of discernment which is why women get end up with men instead of choosing the right partner. After only six weeks, this girl is having all this mental anguish for a homeless man. Her mother/sister/friends need to school her.

Funny thing is IF they did indeed have sex Im sure it would be harder for her to go. At least she's suspicious. if she was dicktimized, (apparently kangs are good at getting women hooked) she probably would have moved him in already with a ish load of excuses to make up for it.

Yeah he sounds crazy. Honestly for me, Im not going to be someone's girl friend after just a few dates. I really need to get to know you. A few months is not weird to me.

nadaa16

".... sex is Like 5% of a relationship. Maximum."
Where are you getting this information? That is equivalent to sex 18 times per year.

I'd say more people than not have sex once per week so 15% or 52 times per year presuming two working adults with kids. No kids, then maybe 50%.

??? Not frequency, importance. there are more important things than sex in a relationship(to me) thus making that 5% of the overall relationship.

She wrote in for that? I would be embarassed to tell anyone that foolishness. I would be out... Simple.

Sex in rlp
Imagine Baking a cake and leaving out baking powder, it is small % of the overall cake but has a big role in how the cake turns out. That is how I think off sex in my rlp, it may not be the most important thing but the impact on the rlp is very apparent.

Back