Being Natural Is Something We Will Always Have to Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh: what's the big idea here? Let me grab a seat.

25sn08w.jpg

jpd0mu.jpg

Omg that thing smacking the gum :lachen::lachen::lachen: Freaking hilarious.

No, I think other races could imitate our hair if they wanted to.. And it isn't just the Japanese afro perms already posted. I remember watching a celebrity look alike makeover a few years ago and they were making over a Christina Aguilera look alike. The hair objective was this:

76557.jpg

even though it took a long time, they were able to achieve this look using straws. I was really impressed actually-- i wish i had pics.

Anyway, I don't think our hair is more versatile than other textures. I just think other folks can't be bothered putting in so much time to have their hair look like ours (eg. using straws or permanently altering their hair using chemicals.)

Which forum am I on...? It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. Is there a full moon out tonight? What is REALLY goin' on?

Actually, I know quite a few people with caucasian ancestry, Arabs, Jews even some Italians etc....that have type 4 kinky hair. :look: So no it's definitely not unique to us.

Nah, it's widely used on the internet. Before hair boards, I didn't know what it meant in that context and outside of hair boards I would never use it like that.

"Natural" is a term widely used in the AA community.

Maybe I am PMSing as well. When I read this sentence by the OP.

Being natural is something another race will never be able to imitate

I felt some kind of way because it simply is not accurate. I wear my natural texture and love being natural but I think that sentence was interesting. Maybe it is because I have seen the Asian afros and some of the other locs, fros etc. on YouTube and irl. Perhaps it is my exposure to other people calling their hair natural (i.e natural blondes, naturally curly, etc).

I also understand that people need encouragement and support to continue on your natural journey. Whatever gets you up for the game stay up, OP. There is nothing wrong with loving your hair texture.

ok..i see...

so on lhcf someone starts a thread stating how much blk women suck and that equals a 7 page thread of ppl posting in agreement.

someone else starts a thread stating how beautiful and unique our natural hair is and that equals ppl coming in and picking apart her words and debating her about how completely unoriginal our hair is and :blah::blah::blah:

and thats ok?

alright..i got it now :rolleyes:

i guess instead of saying that blk women have beautiful unique hair she should've substituted that for 'kim k' bet no one woulda had anything to say then

Maybe I am PMSing as well. When I read this sentence by the OP.

Being natural is something another race will never be able to imitate

I felt some kind of way because it simply is not accurate. I wear my natural texture and love being natural but I think that sentence was interesting. Maybe it is because I have seen the Asian afros and some of the other locs, fros etc. on YouTube and irl. Perhaps it is my exposure to other people calling their hair natural (i.e natural blondes, naturally curly, etc).

I also understand that people need encouragement and support to continue on your natural journey. Whatever gets you up for the game stay up, OP. There is nothing wrong with loving your hair texture.

it aint even that serious, foreal

ok..i see...

so on lhcf someone starts a thread stating how much blk women suck and that equals a 7 page thread of ppl posting in agreement.

someone else starts a thread stating how beautiful and unique our natural hair is and that equals ppl coming in and picking apart her words and debating her about how completely unoriginal our hair is and :blah::blah::blah:

and thats ok?

i guess instead of saying that blk women have beautiful unique hair she should've substituted that for 'kim k' bet no one woulda had anything to say then

Awe....come here :bighug:. It's not that serious.

I think everybody needs to stop being so sensitive...

"Tito, gimme a tissue....Jermaine, stop laughing!" ah-la Eddie M.

:yawn:

Nite, ya'll. :sleeping:

ok..i see...

and thats ok?

I agree with the bold and I don't think there would have been a request for clarification if that was in the original post. I have never participated in a thread stating that black women suck, I don't even think I have seen one. :nono:

Awe....come here :bighug:. It's not that serious.

I think everybody needs to stop being so sensitive...

"Tito, gimme a tissue....Jermaine, stop laughing!" ah-la Eddie M.

:yawn:

Nite, ya'll. :sleeping:

lol, this post actually made me smile

maybe lhcf IS on its period. b/c there have been in a few threads today where ppl just pissed me off to high heaven. first the gabby thread and now this foolishness.

just let black women be great! geez...

lol, this post actually made me smile

maybe lhcf IS on its period. b/c there have been in a few threads today where ppl just pissed me off to high heaven. first the gabby thread and now this foolishness.

just let black women be great! geez...

Good, mission accomplished. My job here is done...so now I'm really going to bed:grin:.

ETA: Agreeing with bolded #2

It REALLY isnt that serious but ya, I totally agree with OP.

Kinky hair is something that IS UNIQUE to us. Sure there are jewish, arabs and maybe some white pple with kinky hair, but it certainly aint type 4. and those pple have mixed ancestry; perhaps from the transatlantic or trans-saharan slave trade routes especially. I mean, DNA analysis already shows that kinky hair originated and is NATIVE to Africa. Not arab, jewish or european countries. I dont see the basis of pple arguing with OP.

So, once again, having kinky hair, especially type 4, IS something unique to pple of mostly african decent. Nobody else can naturally replicate that. Take it or leave it.

I never expected this...I thought the ladies on this board would end up feeling as beautiful as I felt, but I guess that just couldn't happen:ohwell: :nono:. No matter how many times my original post is picked apart, next time you look at a commercial with that BLACK WOMEN having a nice beautiful curly afro or next time you see that woman at work with BAA looking all FREE...that's what I'm talking about :yep:. We were taught to hate EVERYTHING about our African ancestry but this 'hair thing', we can embrace and be beautiful while doing it :yep:.

ETA: Some of you all can overanalyze this post if you like as well and some of you probably will but as time passes, some of you 'misunderstanders' will see exactly what I'm talking about! God Bless.

Not only did DNA for Kinky hair originate in Africa... all DNA for all traits originated in Africa. People originated in Africa.

Not only did DNA for Kinky hair originate in Africa... all DNA for all traits originated in Africa. People originated in Africa.

Yes, but in this context, we are talking about just hair. Kinky hair is specifically of African origins ONLY; nowhere else. So others bringing up Jewish/arab/latina pple, etc, know that Kinky hair IS NOT unique to them. PERIOD.

Hmm....if this thread is about making ALL BLACK women feel beautiful (and when I say black I mean latinos too because they came over as slaves just like we did), why has it turned into a "black women with type 4 hair are beautiful"....because I definitely see an emphasis on type 4 in here....hair typing is stupid anyway so we should celebrate ALL of our textures from loose spiral curls to the kinkiest coils. However it grows out of everyone's heads who identifies as being Black is BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE because no 2 heads look exactly the same.

(regardless of the reason WHY our texture has loosened up btw)

Yep! I love when people with naturally straight hair ask me if I wish my hair were like theirs so that it wouldn't be so much work. Lol! No way, Jose. They're always shocked to hear that I love my 4b hair. I can go straight, curly, wavy, braided, etc and I never ever have thickness or volume issues.

It REALLY isnt that serious but ya, I totally agree with OP.

Kinky hair is something that IS UNIQUE to us. Sure there are jewish, arabs and maybe some white pple with kinky hair, but it certainly aint type 4. and those pple have mixed ancestry; perhaps from the transatlantic or trans-saharan slave trade routes especially. I mean, DNA analysis already shows that kinky hair originated and is NATIVE to Africa. Not arab, jewish or european countries. I dont see the basis of pple arguing with OP.

So, once again, having kinky hair, especially type 4, IS something unique to pple of mostly african decent. Nobody else can naturally replicate that. Take it or leave it.

1. Kinky hair is NOT unique to us. It is a trait that is dominant to many (not all) of us, but not unique to us. Kinky hair is a recessed gene in people of all "races", as evidenced by the people that you mentioned.

2. Many of the people that you use as an example, i.e. jewish, arabs, can and do have type 4 hair.

3. Yes, they have mixed ancestries, but so do we - especially those of us from the Americas & Caribbean. Even within Africa itself, there is significant mixing of "races".

4. Yes it is native to Africa, but so is ALL traits. Everyone came out of Africa. Ref: "The Seven Daughters of Eve: The Science That Reveals Our Genetic Ancestry", by Bryan Sykes.

Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread.

I never expected this...I thought the ladies on this board would end up feeling as beautiful as I felt, but I guess that just couldn't happen:ohwell: :nono:. No matter how many times my original post is picked apart, next time you look at a commercial with that BLACK WOMEN having a nice beautiful curly afro or next time you see that woman at work with BAA looking all FREE...that's what I'm talking about :yep:. We were taught to hate EVERYTHING about our African ancestry but this 'hair thing', we can embrace and be beautiful while doing it :yep:.

ETA: Some of you all can overanalyze this post if you like as well and some of you probably will but as time passes, some of you 'misunderstanders' will see exactly what I'm talking about! God Bless.

OP, no one's misunderstanding you.
We know what you're trying to say...that black women are beautiful and unique and should feel as such. And as a black woman, I fully agree with that sentiment. But I wouldn't say that our hair is what makes us special. Point blank, it's not. It's one thing that is characteristic of black people, but it's not unique to us at all.

As long as they don't chemically process their hair, any race can be natural. True story.
And black people are not the only kinds of people with kinky hair. Also a true story.
And people who are not born with kinky hair, but who want it, can get it for a few hours in a salon and some moniez. Quite true.
And not all black women even have kinky hair. Truest story of all...if you don't believe me, dig around LHCF. Plenty of black women here have looser textures. Unless you want to break it to our lovely 3b-3c ladies who claim no other race but black, that they are no such thing and are only perpetrating frauds. And if you agree that these 3b-3c women are black, then this whole thing is moot, because almost everyone knows a woman with 3b-3c hair, who is not black at all.

IMO, what makes black women special is the richness of our culture and history. That's the one thing that black people can share and take pride in, regardless of skin tone and hair texture.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "I am not my hair" around here, I'd be too rich.
But now, you want to be your hair? You can't have it both ways, ya'll.
If you feel that you are unique and special, then that's lovely, and I'm happy for you. It's good that you feel that way, and it's good to embrace your hair, whatever texture you have. But I hope that you aren't feeling unique and special just because you have textured hair. If that's all you got, then sorry, but you ain't that special after all. *shrug*

OP, no one's misunderstanding you.
We know what you're trying to say...that black women are beautiful and unique and should feel as such. And as a black woman, I fully agree with that sentiment. But I wouldn't say that our hair is what makes us special. Point blank, it's not. It's one thing that is characteristic of black people, but it's not unique to us at all.

As long as they don't chemically process their hair, any race can be natural. True story.
And black people are not the only kinds of people with kinky hair. Also a true story.
And people who are not born with kinky hair, but who want it, can get it for a few hours in a salon and some moniez. Quite true.
And not all black women even have kinky hair. Truest story of all...if you don't believe me, dig around LHCF. Plenty of black women here have looser textures. Unless you want to break it to our lovely 3b-3c ladies who claim no other race but black, that they are no such thing and are only perpetrating frauds. And if you agree that these 3b-3c women are black, then this whole thing is moot, because almost everyone knows a woman with 3b-3c hair, who is not black at all.

IMO, what makes black women special is the richness of our culture and history. That's the one thing that black people can share and take pride in, regardless of skin tone and hair texture.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "I am not my hair" around here, I'd be too rich.
But now, you want to be your hair? You can't have it both ways, ya'll.
If you feel that you are unique and special, then that's lovely, and I'm happy for you. It's good that you feel that way, and it's good to embrace your hair, whatever texture you have. But I hope that you aren't feeling unique and special just because you have textured hair. If that's all you got, then sorry, but you ain't that special after all. *shrug*

Beautiful summation!!! Damn! :clap: :yep:

Enjoy your journey back to your original hair, OP!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back