Be Honest: If you were dating a guy

no. i hate exchanging gifts. and early in the dating period, it can be awkward. idc about vday/xmas.

if we see each other after the fact, i'd expect him to mention it, though (if it was my bday). cause i'm a year older and that's worth commenting on. :lachen:

Last edited:
There is this relationship book that I like where the author talks about her birthday being close to V day and he gave her something for ONE and not the other.

She said she let him know that she expected to be celebrated on BOTH days by someone she is dating. She then says that he understand if he doesn't not feel the same way and that basically they would stop seeing each other if that was the case.

I think women she state expectations early on and not wait years to start complaining because they are already used to behaving a certain way....

My last birthday/Christmas, I had been dating the guy for 2ish months. I received gifts for each. It was weird...However, had he done NOTHING...we would have had to talk about that one. I am a card person...I let it be known. So, that's all that I was all I was expecting.

Back