Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

Hey, ladies! It's late, but I think it's time for a tea rinse and a
steam DC. I'm going to use AOHSR, raw honey, EVOO, brahmi,
maka, and amla. Then I'm twisting, moisturizing, and going to
bed. I've barely had time to even look at my hair. Busy, busy week. :spinning:

I went to the indian store in nyc yesterday and brought: brahmi, amla and maka powders. I also purchased: Brahmi Amla oil, Mustard oil, Vatica and Parachute Coco oils.

Ladies, how are you using your mustard oil? I want to make a mixture for my scalp with a little sublimed sulfur. Do you think this will be ok?
Thanks.

VirGoViXxEn

CAUTION-NEVER HEAT MUSTARD OIL...But,its safe to mix..My scalp mix is-Mustard oil,Broccoli,JBCO,Black radish,Jojoba & eo's...I use it as a pre poo & put plastic cap over it/wash out next day...Some-times I just leave it in...NO PROBLEMS..

*It's safe to mix with your sulfur..

Happy Hair Growing!

Still using my Brahmi oil on my scalp 3xs a week..
Amla/Neem cream sulfate free poo every other week..
JBCO on edges daily...

Happy Hair Growing!

I need to get back on sealing my edges with Bhrami or Bhringjai every day. I'm trying to heal these edges from whatever issue they are facing.

Brewed my hibiscus/bhringraj tea last night. This morning, did a loose aritha paste/tea. I massaged in. Leaving in for 10min before I do my weekly 100G Brahmi treatment.

Happy Veda' Ladies :yep:

:bump:

Sorry guys but I have a rant: Ok, so the past 3-4 weeks I've been doing the weekly Brahmi packs right. Well, I just used my last Hesh box from my stash. I have about 1lb of FNWL Brahmi to use up now.

So, I think since last week my hair has grown. Usually I apply to dry hair, though today I applied to wet hair. I didn't have enough paste yet!! So, I had like a patch at the top that needed to be touched up. So, I go and add a few TBS of the FNWL Brahmi to my hibiscus tea and stir.

That was was so grainy, it didn't even want to mix smoothly. I go to apply and it's just crumbly. Good thing I only had to apply to that section.

So, I go grab my Hesh Box and FNWL bag:

Hesh: Brahmi Leaves Pdr. (Thyme leave pdr/herpestis monniera)
FNWL: Brahmi/Gotu Kola

Upon further research online, they are NOT the same thing :nono:

What's the difference? Which one is real brahmi or are they both a blend?
They are basically 2 different plants that use the same name. I can't really say if one is better than the other or not. What I do know is that the FNWL brand is very coarse and grainy. :sad:

Wash my hair sulfate free poo/Rhassoul & Hibiscus treatment 20min/Rinsed argan moisturizing con/Dc RedKen 20in/Nioxin on scalp #8 3min/BF leave-in/Sesame seed & Rice bran on length/NC pomade on ends...lightly oil scalp with Brahmi.....JBCO on edges...

*Hair is very soft,strong & baby doll like...

Happy Hair Growing!

Nasdaq_Diva I did some reading about brahmi and only ended up more confused. I have the hesh powder and I like it. I want to try gotu kola too. I almost got some capsules today

I got fenugreek capsules for breastfeeding because my son is not gaining weight as much as the doctor would like. I was reading some ayurveda websites and they all said that taking the herbs internally helps with hair growth, which is why I wanted the brahmi capsules. Don't know if that's a good idea for the baby though

I haven't used any powders on my hair in about 2 weeks because I henna'ed and my hair felt so thick and weird from it that I didn't think putting anything else on was a good idea.
What do you all usually do after henna?
Ive been conditioning hardcore and now i'm a bit over conditioned and want to do something about it

leiah tattvasherbs.com have great oils & Indian remedies...They have great customer service & fast shipping...

*This time around I plan on ordering Healthy Hair & Scalp Caps ingredients-Bringaraja,Amla,Gotu Kola,Ashwagandha & Bioperine....

Happy Hair Growing!

Thats what I've been looking for, something to give my conditioners extra slip. Hmmm any suggestions on where I can purchase? How much do you usually add to your conditioners?

ladysaraii

You ladies are going to have me BROKE. But i must say my hair has never looked this good since joining here this short while!

hmm, let's see.

Last time I made a paste that had about a tbsp of each powder and mixed in some water. Then I applied it to my cleansed hair. Then I cover it with my DC (I think i used Bee Mine).

Then I cover up my hair with my plastic cap and go about my business while it marinates

I have to give all credit for this to flowinlocks for this method

I see your oil rinse results in your siggy. I'm goign to start this tomorrow, i think I'll add it after I rinse out my DC and before I detangle. I did it quickly last time and it seemed to work well on the one side that got most of the oil

ETA: I bought mine at FNWL but I'm about to place an order at ayurnaturalbeauty

@Nasdaq_Diva I did some reading about brahmi and only ended up more confused. I have the hesh powder and I like it. I want to try gotu kola too. I almost got some capsules today

I got fenugreek capsules for breastfeeding because my son is not gaining weight as much as the doctor would like. I was reading some ayurveda websites and they all said that taking the herbs internally helps with hair growth, which is why I wanted the brahmi capsules. Don't know if that's a good idea for the baby though

I haven't used any powders on my hair in about 2 weeks because I henna'ed and my hair felt so thick and weird from it that I didn't think putting anything else on was a good idea.
What do you all usually do after henna?
Ive been conditioning hardcore and now i'm a bit over conditioned and want to do something about it

My plan is to use up this FNWL Brahmi and then find a Hesh type of Brahmi (Thyme Leaves/herpestis monniera) from here on out.

I've heard fenugreek is very good at increasing milk supply. A little goes a long way. Do a search for "fenugreek breasts" and see what you come up with.

What did you use after your henna? After I henna, I co-wash out a few times, then do a moisturizing DC. I either do an overnight henna or an overnight DC.

What did you use after your henna? After I henna, I co-wash out a few times, then do a moisturizing DC. I either do an overnight henna or an overnight DC.

I cowashed it out, then dced and have dced a couple of times since then lol
I'm about to use a little shikakai and amla to bring some life back into my hair

I've now done two cassia treatments and my hair is in LOVE!!! :love:Why did I wait so long to try this. My hair is so shiny, fuller and thicker. So glad I finally tried this. :superbanana:Now I need to increase my moisturizing game. Before, all I need was regular conditioner, now, nothing works like before. But I'm still happy.

I've now done two cassia treatments and my hair is in LOVE!!! :love:Why did I wait so long to try this. My hair is so shiny, fuller and thicker. So glad I finally tried this. :superbanana:Now I need to increase my moisturizing game. Before, all I need was regular conditioner, now, nothing works like before. But I'm still happy.

How did you use your cassia? I have a package but I haven't used it yet

How did you use your cassia? I have a package but I haven't used it yet

I used a 100 gram package with only warm water. I wanted to get the full effect of cassia without mixing it with another powder. Next time, I may consider a cassia gloss, meaning mixing it with conditioner.

Okay I think I finally have decided what my ayurvedic reggie will be:

Do a HOT and turn it into an oil rinse with amla or shikakai oil 1x/wkly
Tea rinse 1x/wkly, alternate strengthening mix and moisturizing mix
Paste 1x/wkly, alternate bentonite,amla, cassia, and rhassoul clay

Amla paste was a hit. My curls and coils are popping :love:.

DCed with a mixture of ayurvedic powders (make, brahmi, amla) as well as raw honey and EVOO. Hair feels luscious. :lick: Need to purchase some extra virgin coconut oil to make my own amla/brahmi oil. I've even been contemplating buying some ceramide oil (sunflower, hemp seed oil, walnut oil) and using that to make some ayurvedic oils to get added benefits.

Still applying Brahmi oil to my scalp & JBCO/Peppermint mix on my edges...My hair & scalp is loving this combo....

Happy Hair Growing!

Still applying Brahmi oil to my scalp & JBCO/Peppermint mix on my edges...My hair & scalp is loving this combo....

Happy Hair Growing!

I started back using an oil infusion I made a while back of brahmi/bhringaraj. I added some peppermint oil too. :lick: The peppermint tingles encourage me to massage.

I started back using an oil infusion I made a while back of brahmi/bhringaraj. I added some peppermint oil too. :lick: The peppermint tingles encourage me to massage.

Nasdaq_Diva Glad you started using it again...I was thinking about adding a little cayenne pepper oil to mine....Just a thought....

Happy Hair Growing!

Back