Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

Yesterday,pre poo with Ayurvedic oils,washed with sulfate free poo,used Herbal Ayurvedic Hair Mask & I added Brahmi powder,Mustard,Pumpkin & Walnut oil mixed with BF 5min,Dc 35min,Applied Shea smoothie,lightly oiled scalp with Mahabhringraj...Sealed with Sesame seed.....applied JBCO on edges....

Happy Hair Growing!

Washed out the amla/brahmi/maka paste. Amla paste washes out easily on its own but the maka and brahmi are junkyard dogs. Used an oil rinse and the job was done. Will consider making brahmi/maka tea to use as liquid in amla paste in future. I like oil infusions with maka and brahmi. Will keep trying different liquids for an ayurvedic paste (e.g. brahmi/maka tea vs. aloe vera juice or coconut milk.

choctaw

Yes, Brahmi is HELL to rinse out of our hair. I made the mistake of applying it as a paste back in '09 and I was picking pieces out of my hair for over 1 week! It does strengthen VERY well, however, so I use it as a hair rinse...make a tea like you suggested! This works better for me b/c I can add other herbs and let 'em steep like chamomile, thyme, oregano, basil, lavender flowers (dried); pour hot (not boiling) water over em, let it set for 1-4 hrs. Let it cool, strain away herbs, then use on hair--or you can store in fridge until ready to use like I do. I make a large batch and just use as needed.

As for the OT...I have been in love with the scent and results I get from Kapoor Kachli (also known as Kapoor Kachri). It has a floral herbal scent and makes my hair strong yet soft. So far I'm ready to try amla, manjistha, santrachal (orange peel).

Last nite, I oiled moderately (scalp) with Shikakai oil (since it is good for controlling sebum production and non-greasy)...sealed with Avocado oil and my serum. I have many more Ayurvedic products to stock up on (dolla, dolla bills...:perplexed)

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I thought I was out of kalpi tone, but I found 2 more boxes :grin:! I found a box of shikakai--who knew, I just bought some--another box of amla, more brahmi. I am in happy go lucky tea rinse and KT paste HEAVEN :yep: :lol:.

By the way, I LOVED the kalpi tone paste I made Saturday. It rinsed out really well with a cowash, and my SO was amazed at how the paste loosened my curl pattern! I wasn't expecting that, and I love my natural curls so that's not my purpose, but we both found it very cool.

I'm so happy to be back on my ayurvedic regime :grin:.

Ronnieaj where did you find the dried amla fruits ????

I did a tulsi & brahmi (gotu kola) paste last night. It made my hair feel very thick
I like this brahmi much more than the hesh kind

Still oiling my scalp with bhringraj and getting very fast growth

choctaw

Yes, Brahmi is HELL to rinse out of our hair. I made the mistake of applying it as a paste back in '09 and I was picking pieces out of my hair for over 1 week! It does strengthen VERY well, however, so I use it as a hair rinse...make a tea like you suggested! This works better for me b/c I can add other herbs and let 'em steep like chamomile, thyme, oregano, basil, lavender flowers (dried); pour hot (not boiling) water over em, let it set for 1-4 hrs. Let it cool, strain away herbs, then use on hair--or you can store in fridge until ready to use like I do. I make a large batch and just use as needed.

Jewell
Thank you very much for the instructions for brahmi tea! My hair feels thicker and stronger after the amla brahmi maka paste. I am going to make some junkyard dog tea tonight :lachen:

I've been using Qhemet Biologic's Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade on the length of my hair. It's always been a fave. I just don't use it that often bc I have so many other products.

Dampen my braids with rose-water,oiled scalp with Ayurvedic JBCO mix,KBB Milk for moisture...Sealed with Walnut oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

:yep: I've been doing it consistently for at least 1.5 years.

oooh thanks for your reply!!
Can you gimme some tips please ?? how long etc..
Because usually i have to do a saran wrap or put a plastic cap because my indan paste when apply, is very RUNNY.
and i've heard that its not possible to put plastic cap on head when using hair steamer so im wondering HOW TO do it properly !

TIA Shay72 !!!

ETA: and do you see an improvement using indian treatment with hair steamer or it's the same as using indian treatment with an heat cap.

Krystle~Hime
Just like with my dc's under the steamer the pastes under the steamer penetrate the strand more.You can steam with a plastic cap. I think there are some folks on here that do that. It's better in my opinion that you don't though. I use cotton coil to catch the drippies or you can use a headband. My pastes tend to be very thick so it's not as much of a worry for me.I have the Huetiful steamer and i sit under it for like 15-20 minutes.

Krystle~Hime
Just like with my dc's under the steamer the pastes under the steamer penetrate the strand more.You can steam with a plastic cap. I think there are some folks on here that do that. It's better in my opinion that you don't though. I use cotton coil to catch the drippies or you can use a headband. My pastes tend to be very thick so it's not as much of a worry for me.I have the Huetiful steamer and i sit under it for like 15-20 minutes.

thanks for your detailled and fast reply !!! :drunk:

Ayurveda powder paste and rinses makes my scalp itch. I made oil with my powders. Don't know if it's as effective but I don't itch when I use it.

has stopped being lazy with my hair, and re-started doing my weekly C-BAM as I like to call it
Cassia-Brahmi-Amla-Maka, mixed with marshmallow infusion and molasses.
It was the 1st time I add molasses in my mix and I think its a great + because it helps the powders paste to rinse out easier !!
usually I have to do a long rinse + adding ton of condish and massasing strands for get all the grains out. but this time i, everything was gone in only one rinse !
it's a keeper !

It took nearly 12 hours :look: but I did a HOT with shikakai, rinsed, did a tea rinse, then followed with a cowash.

Mixed amla powder with tea composed of brahmi, maka, bhuymamalaki powders; dried hibiscus flowers and fenugreek seeds. Will add mustard oil to the paste before I apply it.

hey choctaw !
how are you !!
wat a pity everyone forgot the go ayurvedic challenge, but op didn't log in for long time.

in any case i'm here for ayurvedic until 31st for suuuuuuure !! :grin:

hey choctaw !
how are you !!
wat a pity everyone forgot the go ayurvedic challenge, but op didn't log in for long time.

in any case i'm here for ayurvedic until 31st for suuuuuuure !! :grin:

I was never in the challenge. I am learning how to use ayurvedic powders, oils, etc. and this thread has some great information. :grin:

I am about to wash out an paste I made with amla powder and tea (brahmi, maka, hibiscus, fenugreek) and mustard oil.

Does the challenge end on the 31st? :nono::nono:

I was never in the challenge. I am learning how to use ayurvedic powders, oils, etc. and this thread has some great information. :grin:

I am about to wash out an paste I made with amla powder and tea (brahmi, maka, hibiscus, fenugreek) and mustard oil.

Does the challenge end on the 31st? :nono::nono:

oh okay you were posted often(if I remember correctly? :drunk: ) so i thought you were one of challengers !
no it ended of 1st of April and I dunno, no one has posted their results, no one even posted since end of march.
but personnaly I like so much that I will go ayurveda until 31st of dec !!!

wat does mustard do for hair??

under the dryer for 2hrs with a mix of:
-cheapie condish
-brahmi, amla, rhassoul, cassia and bhringaraj
-castor oil

HEAVEN!

I am doing my first Ayur Rajasthani henna today. Ayur contains rajasthani henna, amla and shikakai powders. I made a paste using coconut cream, tea tree oil and ayurvedic tea (bhuym amalaki, brahmi, fenugreek, hibiscus and maka). I sprayed my hair with distilled water, applied Parachute coconut oil and then applied the henna paste. Will leave it on for several hours and wash out. I don't know how much henna is in the Ayur blend but the paste is smoooooooooooooth and the tea tree oil is relaxing :lick:

ETA: I washed the ayur rajsathani henna paste out after several hours. This was the first time I used coconut cream with ayurvedic powders and it rinsed out quickly in a few minutes. My hair felt STRONG. I co-washed and detangled with a shower comb. I saw a few shed hairs on my fingers and shower comb. I used honey diluted in water as final rinse. I oiled my edges and ends with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil, sectioned hair with fingers to apply eco custard (eco krystal styling gel, evco, evoo, castor oil, liquid lecithin and aloe vera gel) and ended with twists.

Last edited:
• oil hair with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oils and cover with plastic cap
• saturate hair with conditioner, cover with plastic cap
• rinse out oils and conditioner in shower
• oil rinse with Deep mustard oil
• Final acv honey rinse (1 tbspn honey, 1 tbspn acv) in 1.75 liter water
• Oil scalp, ends and edges with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil
• Braid to air dry

I washed my hair with hibiscus yesterday and was very happy with it.

Put some very strong amla juice in a spray bottle (soaked dried amlas in water for 2 days, squeezed them into the water they were soaking in and used only the very darkest stuff at the bottom) mixed with conditioner and oils. Not sure it did anything special. I really like using amla juice to mix with powders though

Going to henna this weekend
choctaw I've never heard of that henna I'll look out for it! I use the Nupur 9 herbs blend I love it

I washed my hair with hibiscus yesterday and was very happy with it.

Put some very strong amla juice in a spray bottle (soaked dried amlas in water for 2 days, squeezed them into the water they were soaking in and used only the very darkest stuff at the bottom) mixed with conditioner and oils. Not sure it did anything special. I really like using amla juice to mix with powders though

Going to henna this weekend
choctaw I've never heard of that henna I'll look out for it! I use the Nupur 9 herbs blend I love it

leiah

I was traveling and purchased some hennas that are not sold at my local Indian grocer. I purchased Ayur, Elvira, VP Chawla, Shweta Mawari and Reshma from Indian bridal shops. I have not been to the Indian grocer in several months and will check for Nupur.

I love the amla powder mixed with hibiscus fenugreek tea, honey and oil. Amla and/or hibiscus are included in most of my ayurvedic treatments :lick:

Back