AWww,Sukie Sukie now! Diva done updated her album!

AJamericanDiva

It has taken forever, but I've finally gotten a digital camera. I ended up taking digital photos of photos that I was supposed to scan and upload. It's a really good camera, so the photos look decent. Take a gander and all feedback is appreciated... good or bad. Enjoy!!!
My Haircare Journey

Also, a big "thank you" to everyone for all your wonderful advice, encouragement and support!!!

You hair is coming along quite nicely. You have gain alot of length since the last pic. How much of the thin ends are you going to cut at a time? I Can't wait for my hair to get to that length. Keep it growing girl!

Hey, DSD!!!

My hairdresser gave me a trim with June's relaxer. Whenever she thinks it needs trimming, then I'll trim.
smile.gif
She said the ends are healthy, and when she does trim, she takes off very little. When I reach my first goal of brastrap length, if I still feel the ends are thin, I'll let it grow a little beyond brastrap so that once it's trimmed, it will be full and at brastrap.

Girl, did I mention that I let my hairdresser relax my daughter's hair? I haven't picked up the pics yet, but when I do, I'll post them. As they applied the relaxer I wondered was I making the right decision. This woman beside me said her daughter has been going there since 8 years old and her daughter's hair is long and healthy. Yet another girl sitting beside me said that she had been going since 12 and her hair was long and healthy too! Combined with the fact that I now had proper knowledge on healthy haircare, I felt relieved. I should mention that my daughter could not stop swinging her hair. I told her that I was going to call all her relatives and tell them to be prepared to visit her in the hospital as she'll be sick with "swing-itis"... the excessive need to swing her hair around!
grin.gif
We shall see. She got an Affirm as well. Do you do conditioning washes on your daughter's hair daily???

[ QUOTE ]
DatJerseyDyme said:
Your hair is coming along very nicely!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the encouragement, Girl!!!
kiss.gif
weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
Congratulations, AJamericanDiva, on your hair growth success! Looks like you'll be at brastrap in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I love this board!!! There's so much encouragement and comraderie
smile.gif
... Unbelievable!!! Thanks!!!

I am glad your daughter's hair turned out so well!

I do daily co washes on her hair when she is not in braids. Speaking of some soft hair! Whoa!

I can't wait to see your daughter's pics.

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
Good amount of growth since June! Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Girl!!! I was thinking the same thing...that I sure did jump in length between June and September. I wonder if 6 weeks of braids had anything to do with it?
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Very nice pics! You definitely got a lot of growth since the June pic!!
up.gif

(And I love your braids!!
smile.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Lindy!!! Because of you, I considered coloring my hair with that Textures and Tones bronze color. I decided to hold off as I don't think I may be as lucky as you. I feel like color and perm won't mix on me. Since I'm on a growing streak, I decided to leave my hair alone. I learned to do my own braids from Robin the "Hairlady"'s video. Now that I'm pregnant, I have to find someone trustworthy to do it.
smile.gif

Thanks for your support, Nyambura!
wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
luvmyhair said:
What do you use on your hair? It has grown so much. Keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, LuvMyHair!!!

I use Affirm lye relaxer, regular strength.
My fave shampoos are Keracare Hydrating and Detangling & Pantene Relaxed and Natural.
My fave conditioners are Keracare Humecto & Pantene Relaxed and Natural.
Moisturizer- s-curl followed with Profectiv Long and Healthy hair serum which is a light oil.
Oh yeah, my reconstructor is Nexxus Emergencee and this treatment is always followed with Humecto.
smile.gif

Diva, looking good. I am so happy for the invention of hair boards. I would probably look a hot mess without them. Your hair has definately grown from the looks of those pics!

Back