AVEDA LADIES......GET IN HERE!!!!!

Hey aveda ladies!!! Doing great just added AB (dionne's abbreviation for aveda brilliant) to my hair arsenal!! Also scooped up 3 bottles of aveda elixir... They confirmed it was discontinued but this aveda store still had a few bottles.... Ok ladies how do I use the elixir? Cant wait to try the ab out and get my moisture on!!! Let me know ladies...:drunk:

Hey aveda ladies!!! Doing great just added AB (dionne's abbreviation for aveda brilliant) to my hair arsenal!! Also scooped up 3 bottles of aveda elixir... They confirmed it was discontinued but this aveda store still had a few bottles.... Ok ladies how do I use the elixir? Cant wait to try the ab out and get my moisture on!!! Let me know ladies...:drunk:

Hey you know im lazy when it comes to typing :grin: How do you like AB. I continue to use it as directed & as a leave in.

I really do love the Elixir but ever since I discovered Hang Straight & AB i haven't used it that often :ohwell:

This week im adding the Scalp Benefits Balancing Line to my arsenal. Has anyone tried it yet?

Aveda REALLY needs to stop playing & give us a d*mn deep conditioner :wallbash::rolleyes:

Hey itsy!!! Yes girl, the brilliant was pretty nice.. I co washed and then put the elixir in and sealed with jbco and tied it up for the night.. The next morning I used the usc to smooth and put my hair in a octopus clip as usual.. (I have to wear my hair up for my job) and it felt moisturized all day.. Hey girl how do u use the elixir, I would love some tips...:spinning:

Hey itsy!!! Yes girl, the brilliant was pretty nice.. I co washed and then put the elixir in and sealed with jbco and tied it up for the night.. The next morning I used the usc to smooth and put my hair in a octopus clip as usual.. (I have to wear my hair up for my job) and it felt moisturized all day.. Hey girl how do u use the elixir, I would love some tips...:spinning:

:naughty:you know where to go to get tips girl, dont play!!!!!:grin:

I've only used the elixir along with a serum for rollersets. It was aight nothing spectacular. I like AB or Giovanni Direct leave-in better :look:

Last edited:
You are right itsy, I was expecting fireworks to shoot out of the bottle after everyone was so upset they discontinued it, but It really didnt excite me...:nono: But giovanni direct was a let down as well...

Sorry neither worked for you. Have you tried Rusk Smoothers leave in? This is a really good leave in too.
Before Aveda cured my pjism I was a huge leave in junkie. I think Giovanni Direct is one of the best.

Im going to revisit the Elixir & try it with the Light Elements Smoothing Liquid. I'll let you know how it works.

aveda ladies, i am very curious about using only natural products on my hair...is this what aveda's all about? if so - what would you suggest i start with?

like, a starter pack?
should i just go to an aveda salon and inquire or do you ladies have some juicy secrets they won't reveal? :grin:

aveda ladies, i am very curious about using only natural products on my hair...is this what aveda's all about? if so - what would you suggest i start with?

like, a starter pack?
should i just go to an aveda salon and inquire or do you ladies have some juicy secrets they won't reveal? :grin:

Aveda may have started out that way... but reading through the ingredients on their labels now, I don't think you could consider them all natural. Better to go to a health food store for that.

Aveda uses preservatives, silicones and foaming agents in their products. To be fair, they also use many natural ingredients that are grown w/o chemical intervention.

If you buy from their website or one of their exclusive stores, they have an excellent return policy.

Last edited:
From38to36
It depends on your hair's needs or condition. If your hair is damaged or you use heat frequently the DR line would be good.
For moisture try the Brilliant or Sap Moss Line. Also the Shampure line is good too not quite as moisturizing as the other 2 but I like it alot & it's one of the cheaper lines.

I'm using the DR shampoo and alternating with the conditioner and the restorative. For styling I'm using the USC & the Brilliant heat protector.

I'd like to try the Sap Moss line next for shampoo & conditioner, (I can't see regularly paying $25 for a bottle of shampoo :eek:)

Is anyone with natural hair using the Be Curly line? I wonder how it work with 3C hair.

Try the Shampure poo...it's one of my favorite Aveda poos & it's reasonably priced.
HoneyBad Girl is natural..im sure she'll pop in soon! Im 3c but im relaxed.

with every line, i assume one must buy the poo, cond and a leave-in of some sort? i never understood what the sap-moss was...is that a leave-in as well as a line?

Hey 36!! The sap moss is a line, they dont have a leave in, they however have a pre-poo treatment called sap moss concentrate.. I am 4a/b and use the aveda dr line (great) aveda brillant, and the smooth infusion line.. My hair is its healthiest and moisturized.. Good luck on your shopping spree, and remember to keep your receipt just in case the products dont work for you.. Best wishes...And keep us posted ok??

Hey 36!! The sap moss is a line, they dont have a leave in, they however have a pre-poo treatment called sap moss concentrate.. I am 4a/b and use the aveda dr line (great) aveda brillant, and the smooth infusion line.. My hair is its healthiest and moisturized.. Good luck on your shopping spree, and remember to keep your receipt just in case the products dont work for you.. Best wishes...And keep us posted ok??

will do!
i just found an aveda spa giving super specials in my area so i'll start there and work my way around to picking up the products. that aveda institute in my area also has great prices for treatments, so i guess i can try some things beforehand as well.

I have a question about the Smooth Infusion line. Does the moisture from the shampoo compare to the moisture of Creme of Nature (green label) shampoo?

I tried the sap moss pre-poo and shampoo and found that it didn't moisturize well enough to my liking. The DR shampoo was actually better for me for moisture, but the minute the DR conditioner hit my hair, tiny broken pieces of hair began appearing. The treatment is fine on my hair, but the regular conditioner causes it to break.

will do!
i just found an aveda spa giving super specials in my area so i'll start there and work my way around to picking up the products. that aveda institute in my area also has great prices for treatments, so i guess i can try some things beforehand as well.

:wave:

Hi, can you share the spa and institue info in your area....

taking an AZ spa trip with the girls in a few months, wondering if we'll be in the vicinity or not.

TIA!

I have a question about the Smooth Infusion line. Does the moisture from the shampoo compare to the moisture of Creme of Nature (green label) shampoo?

I tried the sap moss pre-poo and shampoo and found that it didn't moisturize well enough to my liking. The DR shampoo was actually better for me for moisture, but the minute the DR conditioner hit my hair, tiny broken pieces of hair began appearing. The treatment is fine on my hair, but the regular conditioner causes it to break.

Hi Sikora!
I didn't like the SI line. I do like Creme of Nature.... very moisturizing & is excellent for eliminating tangles.

As far as the breakage you're having...maybe you're using too much protein to often. How often do you use the DR?

Hi Sikora!
I didn't like the SI line. I do like Creme of Nature.... very moisturizing & is excellent for eliminating tangles.

As far as the breakage you're having...maybe you're using too much protein to often. How often do you use the DR?

The very first time I used it I got breakage and that hardly happens when I wash. Only when the conditioner touches my hair do I get breakage. When I follow up with the deep treatment, no broken hairs came out during rinsing.

When I returned the products the girl at the store was surprised that the regular conditioner caused breakage yet the deep treatment (which contained more protein) didn't give me any breakage. My hair usually doesn't mind protein so I found it really strange.

The very first time I used it I got breakage and that hardly happens when I wash. Only when the conditioner touches my hair do I get breakage. When I follow up with the deep treatment, no broken hairs came out during rinsing.

When I returned the products the girl at the store was surprised that the regular conditioner caused breakage yet the deep treatment (which contained more protein) didn't give me any breakage. My hair usually doesn't mind protein so I found it really strange.

That's interesting. At least you were able to get your money back.

I love Aveda DR. It does wonders for my hair. I just bought the Aveda Brillant poo and conditioner. I'm going to use the conditioner as a leave in. So i'll keep you ladies posted to let you know how it goes. I was looking for a leave to use for my roller sets becuase I had some breakage. I'm excited to have finally found one :grin:.

I love Aveda DR. It does wonders for my hair. I just bought the Aveda Brillant poo and conditiner. I'm going to use the conditioner as a leave in. So i'll keep you ladies posted to let you know how it goes. I was looking for a leave to use for my roller sets becuase I had some breakage. I'm excited to have finally found one :grin:.

Hi Gee! Since my OP I no longer use the Brilliant as a leave in. I went back to Giovanni Direct Leave-In :cloud9: I should have never strayed...pjism :spinning: Let us know if you like it.

I'm still using Aveda DR and I think my hair is looking healthier than it has for a long time. I got complimented last week, a friend told me my hair looked "lush."

Back