Aveda Damage Remedy Users

MizaniMami

Hey fellow Aveda DR users/lovers,

I just wanted to share a new technique that I used tonight. Well tonight I washed as usual with Aveda poo, DCed with Aveda Treatment DR and then another deep condition with Aveda DR conditioner, since my hair was feeling EXTRA dry and crunchy from co-washing with humectress :mad: . But anyways, tonight I decided to add a smudge of Aveda DR conditioner (not the treatment) as a leave-in. How come my hair feels like complete buttah:eek: ?! I am in love. Sometimes I wonder why I ever stray from this line.

I have no pics, but I'm in a ponytail and I know those wouldn't be exciting anyways :lol: .I just wanted to suggest to you ladies to try this as a leave-in. It works really well!!

I have been eyeing those products but they are so expensive. I just don't want to cough up that much cash on something that may not be all that good.

michelle3147 said:
I have been eyeing those products but they are so expensive. I just don't want to cough up that much cash on something that may not be all that good.

I may sound like a broken record but go to an *AVEDA* salon and get samples. They give out free samples. Well, atleast most of them do. I have heard of people (on MUA) who said their Aveda doesn't give out samples.

But Aveda has their products on their shelves with sample bottles and such, just ask can you get enough to take home.

Off to coat my ends...

ETA: The treatment works very well as a prepoo too. I put it on dry hair. Add a moist, hot towel. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. Awesome! I follow that with the moisturizing conditioner.

Last edited:
sareca said:
Off to coat my ends...

ETA: The treatment works very well as a prepoo too. I put it on dry hair. Add a moist, hot towel. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. Awesome! I follow that with the moisturizing conditioner.

I always end up using a lot of product when I prepoo and this stuff cost too much to waste. I was thinking of getting the larger sizes, all three products are > $200!!!!!

I need to find someone who works at Aveda..

PS - I asked for samples at the aveda by me and they didn't have any..

MizaniMami i bet your hair smells SO good!! I love aveda scent. I bought the damage remedy shampoo. Have you tried it? What do u think?

I want to try this line. I have been holding off though because they are expensive. The Aveda store that I go to does accept returns if you try the products and don't like them. I may try to start using this line in the fall once I have used up some of my other products.

MizaniMami said:
Hey fellow Aveda DR users/lovers,

I just wanted to share a new technique that I used tonight. Well tonight I washed as usual with Aveda poo, DCed with Aveda Treatment DR and then another deep condition with Aveda DR conditioner, since my hair was feeling EXTRA dry and crunchy from co-washing with humectress :mad: . But anyways, tonight I decided to add a smudge of Aveda DR conditioner (not the treatment) as a leave-in. How come my hair feels like complete buttah:eek: ?! I am in love. Sometimes I wonder why I ever stray from this line.

I have no pics, but I'm in a ponytail and I know those wouldn't be exciting anyways :lol: .I just wanted to suggest to you ladies to try this as a leave-in. It works really well!!

Mizani, It is nececcary to use the regular conditioner after the treatment each time? How often do you use the treatment?

MissVee said:
I always end up using a lot of product when I prepoo and this stuff cost too much to waste. I was thinking of getting the larger sizes, all three products are > $200!!!!!

Lately I've been just focusing on the last 3 inches of hair with prepoo. That saves alot of product and treats the most vulnerable hair.

But I feel you on the cost. The aveda salon I usually go to only had the smaller bottles. I went to a new one and saw the larger one for $84.00! :eek: I stood there for 20 minutes doing the math on oz/$. But still walked out with the smaller bottle. :mad: I just couldn't do it.

MissVee said:

The one near me have bottles of the DR line on the shelf for sampling. I know this may be ghetto, but I put some in little jars to try out. :look: :sekret:

I mean how else can I sample shampoos and conditioners?!? They are just asking for people to take some home! :D

Last edited:
HoneyDew said:
The one near me have bottles of the DR line on the shelf for sampling. I know this may be ghetto, but I out some in little jars to try out. :look: :sekret:

I mean how else can I sample shampoos and conditioners?!? They are just askign for people to take some home! :D

Girl I feel you. But if you ask to sample those bottles they should give it to you. Especially if they are out there.

atlien11 said:
MizaniMami i bet your hair smells SO good!! I love aveda scent. I bought the damage remedy shampoo. Have you tried it? What do u think?

Girl I am in LOVE with the Aveda scent. I can't stand stuff that is intensely fruity. Oh, yeah the Aveda DR shampoo is my favorite. It has no hazardous sulfates which is a REAL plus for me. It is very good and makes my hair baby soft. But it doesn't help real well with my tangles issues, so I use Keracare often as a first or second lather. But I might go back to using this exclusively because I have been noticing some serious buildup on my scalp from keracare.

OT: But I got a coupon in the mail for a personalized perfume (the small size) from Aveda. You go in and they mix up fragrances for you, you get to smell a variety of scents and you pick a few that you like. It' called something like Aveda Purefume Personalized. Mines smell like the normal Aveda scent+baby powder. It is the truth!!!

nikki1971 said:
Mizani, It is nececcary to use the regular conditioner after the treatment each time? How often do you use the treatment?

Sorry I'm bumping this so much but I don't know how to quote more than one thread.

Anyways, no it is not nec. to use both at the same time. i just used it because my hir was uberly dry! I use the treatment once a week, but I poo twice a week. Sometimes I mix it with the regular conditioner.

I thought about ordering this line off of eBay but I'm scared of getting bogus product. Has anyone ordered from eBay or are ya'll strictly Internet Store and Aveda Store?

Kimberly said:
I thought about ordering this line off of eBay but I'm scared of getting bogus product. Has anyone ordered from eBay or are ya'll strictly Internet Store and Aveda Store?

I buy my regular Aveda products from the Aveda store or an Aveda salon. If I want to try something new, I always go to the store because of the return policy.

nikki1971 said:
I buy my regular Aveda products from the Aveda store or an Aveda salon. If I want to try something new, I always go to the store because of the return policy.

That's a good point.

sareca said:
Off to coat my ends...

ITA. I've used both the treatment and the conditioner (at different times, of course) on my ends as a pre-poo and my hair loves it. Aveda DR line is definitely one I won't be living without.

Kimberly said:

I got mine off Ebay, and it was fine, but I will probably go to the store in the future, just to be sure I get a "good" batch.

What are the ingredients for the conditioner? I went to their website but they only list "key ingredients" which gives me only partial information. TIA

Kimberly said:

Never have ordered from ebay and never will. I don't trust them people. I always order from the website or the store because 1. the return policy, 2. I know it's the real deal AND it's fresh. 3. they give you mass coupons and deals once you become a reg. customer., that are actually good too.

Neroli said:
What are the ingredients for the conditioner? I went to their website but they only list "key ingredients" which gives me only partial information. TIA

Here are the treatment ingredients:

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment Ingredients</STRONG>: Aqueous Extracts: Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, LinumUsitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Quaternium-80, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Coudln't find the conditioner ingredients online and it's too long for me to post. The treatment and conditioner has similiar ingredients though. Hopefully someone else can post them. ETA:If no one will I will post them when I get home tonight

Last edited:
Did she just say $200???? :eek: :eek: :eek: You must have meant $20!..

Man, i didn't know we had some ballas on this site... lemme borrow 5dollas... :grin: whoa, that is super expensive..i had no idea... i'm curious now...hmmm maybe if i donate a pint of blood daily for all of next month and donate my kidney... maybe i can afford 1 sample product...

MissVee said:

MizaniMami said:
Here are the treatment ingredients:

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment Ingredients</STRONG>: Aqueous Extracts: Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, LinumUsitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Quaternium-80, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Coudln't find the conditioner ingredients online and it's too long for me to post. The treatment and conditioner has similiar ingredients though. Hopefully someone else can post them. ETA:If no one will I will post them when I get home tonight

Thanks Mazani. That's actually what I was asking for, the treatment ingredients. Hmmmm, it's got a couple of insoluable cones . . . . oh well, that just stopped my curiousity cold! Thanks for the prompt response . . .

Mizani_Mrs said:
Did she just say $200???? :eek: :eek: :eek: You must have meant $20!..

Man, i didn't know we had some ballas on this site... lemme borrow 5dollas... :grin: whoa, that is super expensive..i had no idea... i'm curious now...hmmm maybe if i donate a pint of blood daily for all of next month and donate my kidney... maybe i can afford 1 sample product...

Yes girl she said $200! That price is for the larger sizes but if you got all 3 in the small bottles, it will cost you like $75.00.

MizaniMami said:
Sareca and other Aveda DR lovers, did you get around to trying the condish as a leave-in?

Oh yeah! I'm in :love:. Loved it so much I'm using it as a leave-in while braided. I put it in a bottle w/ a little spring water, shake, and pour it over freshly poo'd braids. You done good. This method ain't no joke. :nono:

i'll probably use the conditioner as a leave-in this weekend when i attempt bantu knots.

also another tip ladies if you think the DR line is too expensive, you can buy the aveda brilliant shampoo which is $12 as opposed to the DR shampoo which is $24. the brilliant works well with DR cuz its all aveda!
but still buy at least ONE of the DR conditioners.

sareca said:
Oh yeah! I'm in :love:. Loved it so much I'm using it as a leave-in while braided. I put it in a bottle w/ a little spring water, shake, and pour it over freshly poo'd braids. You done good. This method ain't no joke. :nono:

Cool, I am getting braids this summer and I will DEF. try this!

Back