At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial)

What do you consider too long for you personally?

• Bra Strap Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 252 19.5%
  • Tail bone Length

Votes: 427 33.0%
  • Classic Length

Votes: 210 16.2%
  • Mid-thigh Length

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • Knee-Length

Votes: 52 4.0%
  • calf Length

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • ankle Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Floor Length

Votes: 69 5.3%

• Total voters
Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

Take it all the way to the floor!!!
I want it as long as possible...
I am not stopping my hair at any length, so terminal length is most flattering for me!

Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

anything past Waist length definitly starts to look like cousin it

Last edited:

I'm a shortie, and I think anything past tailbone length would not only be unflattering on me, but too tedious. Rollersetting would be out of the question and I definitely don't want to be sitting on it or getting it caught in car doors and what not, sure I could just put it in a ponytail or bun and call it a day. But that's just too much hair for me. So I will not be taking it to the floor, assuming it would even grow that long.

I agree that it depends on the person. What looks good on one may not look so hot on the next, but personally I don't want my hair to go past waist because then I run the risk of it slipping into the toilet.

I agree that it depends on the person. What looks good on one may not look so hot on the next, but personally I don't want my hair to go past waist because then I run the risk of it slipping into the toilet.
:lachen::lachen:

Anything longer than classic length is too much :imo:

My ultimate length would depend on two things: how old I am, and how much patience I would have at that age to deal with all that hair!

For me personally, it would be past mid back, but that's because it would be hard for me to manage. Plus I'm short and I think it would make me look like cousin it, lol. I love gorgeous hair no matter what length though, but I can't deal with too much of my own hair.

Honestly I think it depends on the person. Some ladies I see with long hair it dosen't look good becaue it ages them, or the hair is just long with no style or pizazz.

I think waist length hair is too much on almost anybody. When I see it, no matter how beautiful it is, I just think of taking scissors and cutting it to mid-back or something. Sorry :sad:

It depends on the person/hair, but for me tailbone length is too much. I am only 5'3'' and I think it can be overwhelming.

I used to think super long was flattering on me. I was an inch or so from waist length earlier this year and cut it to my chin or right above my shoulder. I've gotten a lot more compliments now that it's shorter.

I only plan on growing it out again to donate it to locks of love. But I don't think anything past MBL looks good on me.

I can agree with you on this some people its not the best look. i find that for myself i was just past waist length last year and cut it to shoulder length (its back to brastrap now tho) anyway I think anything past waistlength on me looks wack, but then maybe it was because my ends were raggedy.

in conclusion i myself don't want my hair to grow past MBL now. so really only like 2 more inches then what it is now. the thing that also makes this a better choice for me is how my hair looks when natural i like it to be right above my shoulders and if its waist length its like right at my shoulders natural which causes kinda a problem with touching my shoulders too much

I think that past classic length is too much. One of the other docs at work has hair that is between her knees and her calves and it makes me cringe every time I see it (it's healthy and shiny looking, but still gives me the creepy crawlies).

Whenever a woman's body looks out of proportion with her hair, I think it's too long. Classic length will swamp a shorter woman in a more pronounced way than a taller woman, so it really depends.

I selected "waist"; cause you did say for me!

This is such a subjective ? though; 'cause many factors decipher into when (or not) a lady is kickin' wid her long locks, you know. And, just occurred to me, even then depends upon how she styles it. Like me, I put waist length is going a bit far for me; but, if it were worn in a bun; WOWSERS, that would be tres cool/cute IMHO. The thing is, I would get tired of wearing buns, you know.

I think that it depends on whether it's straight or curly. I think waistlength curly hair looks good, but waist length straight hair can often look limp and lifeless. I dont think that hair flatters you anymore after MBL. After that it can be either neutral or bad, but i dont think it's flattering.

Heck I love long hair period I don't find it non flattering unless it looks unhealthy.

For myself I will say WL but HL would be the max. Since I'm tall I think I can pull it off well.

Haha, some of these responses are hilarious :D I wanna say, when you're sitting on your hair...it's not cute anymore.

ITA Fabiennd... personally, hair that I can sit on is too much for me

Sexyhairfetish
when dogs start chasing after it...
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

My goal is full hipbone length because I want my hairstyles to reach MBL. I'm texlaxed with lots of shrinkage and wear my hair is curly and wavy styles; I almost never wear my hair straightened; I prefer BIG hair.

anything that is a hazard should be taken care of.personally i would say tail bone is enough for me because im tall with a long torso.

I will provide a diagram so that there's no question.

Please use the diagram as your reference point...

For me, I'm gonna say anything past Tailbone,

What is too long for you personally?

Remember this is a question for you, not others.

ITA....:yep:

I would say anything longer than hipbone unstretched (if you mostly wear your hair curly). Only because most people's hair at that length starts looking stringy and thin. Also, i don't think it really flatters most people.

I really do not believe any length is totally un-atractive, especially if well cared for. I said on the floor (only if it is down lying on floor, because it then would be dirty):grin:

It's funny, cause I would usually say past hipbone is really getting excessive, but India Arie in her video "The Truth" looks so beautiful with those (fake) dreds down to her knees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzMrcHYziI4) @ 2:23. Such a gracefully natural look. Guess it depends on the person.

Anything past Tailbone is too much hair for me. When I get there I'll keep it trimmed.

Well it depends on the body shape and height of the person, I think anything pass the thighs is too much.......you can cut it as much as you want, but you will still have length.....since Indians naturally let their hair grow down to the floor.....that length for them is common, so seeing that length doesn't bother me, but ME, personally I can't see myself being pass tailbone......we are working women, and that much of here just wouldn't be right for us......but my opinion only........but it depends on how they take care of it, a person who takes care of his or hers hair that is knee length might look better compared to a person who has midback length and doesn't take care of his or hers hair......my friend's sister has waistlength hair, but she's my height, so it's like looking into the future when my hair gets that length, her hair is very healthy......and I've seen some people with the same length of hair, and it looks horrible......so it varies.....but on me.....tailbone---the longest, shoulder length---the shortest........sorry so long......

Mid back is the longest I'd ever want to be. Anything past that is a bit much.

Back