At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial)

What do you consider too long for you personally?

• Bra Strap Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 252 19.5%
  • Tail bone Length

Votes: 427 33.0%
  • Classic Length

Votes: 210 16.2%
  • Mid-thigh Length

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • Knee-Length

Votes: 52 4.0%
  • calf Length

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • ankle Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Floor Length

Votes: 69 5.3%

• Total voters
Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

MBL would just look good on me .. WSL layered would look nice anything longer .. ick (did i answer this question before ?)

Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

I never like toooo long hair on ME. On other people it can look pretty. I think the limit I would want for me is layered BSL. Anything other than that on me, is toooooo long. But, it looks good on other gals!:yep:

To me, anything past hip bone length looks old fashioned. Very little house on the prairie. I can only say this about white women though because I've never seen a black woman with her past waist length. Maybe it looks different on us.

This thread makes me feel bad.

Aw, pokahontas, i know sometimes i feel bad too reading about the ladies who dont believe that hair should be grown to tailbone length (or even waist :perplexed) because im aiming for longer lengths..but to each his own!

70616114908725.jpg

Girl please, I can't wait to have your length.:lick: Your hair is beautiful and very feminine. :yep: I am just letting my hair grow right now. I'm focusing on healthy hair. But I would love to have hip length hair. Long hair for me past the waist is very feminine. I just love it. I can't wait to play in it and where the hairstyle that I have running around in my head. :grin:
My biggest hurtle right now is clipping an inch from my ends. :perplexed

Oh, don't let it, Pokhontas!!! :lol: How long is your hair, now?? *looks at poll* All these votes notwithstanding, I fully plan on growing my hair til it won't grow no more, and if folks think it makes me look 'whatever' - *shrug* - good thing I ain't married to/dating/giving a danngone bout what they think about me & my hair, ya know? :look:

Oh, don't let it, Pokhontas!!! :lol: How long is your hair, now?? *looks at poll* All these votes notwithstanding, I fully plan on growing my hair til it won't grow no more, and if folks think it makes me look 'whatever' - *shrug* - good thing I ain't married to/dating/giving a danngone bout what they think about me & my hair, ya know? :look:

exactly! poka every1 here has diff goals
and just like anything else in life diff opinions
just like some don't like really short hair (i love it)
there will be more admiring ur hair then hating it - trust
i know i'll get even more "is that ur hair?" comments w more length
but it comes w/ the territory:perplexed

I just had a Crystal Gayle mental picture. I just want to braid it or play in it. I don't think that she wears her hair down all of the time.

I bet she can do mah-velous buns.
but honestly, I didn't think that it did her pretty face justice. It makes my 'brown eyes blue' to see it hanging on the ground.

On me, I prefer APL. Anyhting longer makes me look old. But I don't think a certain length looks BAD per se.

I won't be going beyond waist length :nono:.

On me, I prefer APL. Anyhting longer makes me look old. But I don't think a certain length looks BAD per se.
Okay I posted one earlier that said, BSL. NO, I meant APL, also. ANything longer would make me look tired. ANd it MUST have layers, especially shorter laters in the front. Longer hair in the front really does my face NO justice.:nono:

Anything longer than waist length for me

i saw a girl with tail bone length hair, and it was braided and it looked healthy and nice, she was probably 16-ish. but i think thats a bit too much hair though, i'm sure it'd get annoying.

Floor Length is too long for me!
Zanna

For me its that length where my hair starts to look straggley I know that is not a word but you know what I mean. I love my hair to constant look full and not look a H.A.M just for length. Right now I envision that be WL at most however it could be shorter once I see MBL and how I am feeling about that. I also take into consideration care. It takes me hours now I know that once it gets longer its going to take more time and that might be time I don't have.

for me, MBL. im 5'1. for me, too long hair on short women overwhelms her. plus, all that hair, i can only imagine the time it will take to detangle/straighten/braid/whatever i want to do with it.

I said Mid-thigh Length!I think that's just too much.

Poka, you have no reason to feel bad, you know your hair is gorgeous!:grin:

Although I know how you feel since my hair is now at/past the length that a lot of people have said is unflattering.:look:

Oh well, to each her own right?:yep:

For my hair texture, I think anything past MBL is too much of a hassle. If I could ever reach MBL, I'd keep my hair trimmed to that level or shorter.

Any thing past Mid Back Length :grin:....

I'm not a fan of anything past BSL or maybe MBL unless it's layered :o That goes for all ethnicities. I don't think many people besides hair forum members aim for hair longer than that - most of the time they're overdue for a haircut!

Tailbone will be it for me. (Maybe.)

Okay wait I am not sure.

but I wont have it sweeping the floor like a broom.

Waist length is the most flattering to me. Anything longer than that tends to look like cousin it imo.

Back