At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial)

What do you consider too long for you personally?

• Bra Strap Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 252 19.5%
  • Tail bone Length

Votes: 427 33.0%
  • Classic Length

Votes: 210 16.2%
  • Mid-thigh Length

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • Knee-Length

Votes: 52 4.0%
  • calf Length

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • ankle Length

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Floor Length

Votes: 69 5.3%

• Total voters
Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

For me, it might be past where I am now. I'll have to wait and see though.

Re: At what Length is hair no longer flattering??? (Warning this may be controversial

When I start lookling like this:

addams02.jpg

roflmao.gif

Anything past midback length, personally is too long FOR ME. After that, it seems that hair would be in the way of everything. Not to mention the prices that salons would try to charge if I wanted to treat myself to a nice style for a change. For me MBL is perfect and my goal. Anything after that Will get trimmed/cut back the MLB.

ITA- For me personally, I'd be extremely pleased and satisfied with MBL. Anything longer, and I don't think it would look as flattering on me. BUT, let's see if I still feel that way when I get there! :grin:

For ME I would maintain at waist length. :yep:

Mid back length would be my absolute maximum. I can't imagine dealing with that much hair on wash day (detangling/shrinkage).:pullhair:

I agree that anything after MBL is too much. It seems to me that 'styling' it would be very limited.

So is it safe to say you're not shooting for floor length? :lachen:

Damn, stank and innapropriate :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

seriously, if my hair grew to the Classic Length? I might have to just go ahead and just SEE if I could make it reach mid thigh and calf! I can hear pishes now! *whispering* "...now that's jus NASSSSTY!" :lachen:
:lachen: :lachen:

I love long hair just not to the knees and ankles and stuff. I think it is unflattering when the hair is long with raggedy ends. it also depends on the person and how well they keep it maintain.

I voted mid-thigh. I think tailbone or classic would be absolutely beautiful

to me anything past waist length is too much.

I am way too cheap and lazy for any hair past waist length.

i would have said tailbone length. then i saw starr1's hair and was left speechless. her hair is that length and gorgeous. so i will say "classic length". however, i ultimately think that the point at which hair becomes unflattering depends on not only how you style your hair but also how tall you are. i've seen some tall women at wsl and it doesn't look good but i think that length on short women always looks nice :ohwell: i don't know why. it also really goes without saying that something like scraggly, dry hair at at long length like apl will never look as good as shorter hair that is healthy.

I used to think super long was flattering on me. I was an inch or so from waist length earlier this year and cut it to my chin or right above my shoulder. I've gotten a lot more compliments now that it's shorter.

I only plan on growing it out again to donate it to locks of love. But I don't think anything past MBL looks good on me.

27050.jpg

Once you start looking like Cousin It, you need to BC!

My end goal would be to be able to wear my hair wavy curly midback length, and that straightened out would probably be butt length/tailbone. That is quite long, my best friend has hair that long and she can hardly deal with it. Any longer than that I think would be too much.

Also , the cut would really make the difference. Stick straight hair to your butt rarely looks hot on anyone above a certain age, and can make you look older!

I used to think super long was flattering on me. I was an inch or so from waist length earlier this year and cut it to my chin or right above my shoulder. I've gotten a lot more compliments now that it's shorter.

I only plan on growing it out again to donate it to locks of love. But I don't think anything past MBL looks good on me.

Wow, from WL to Chin Length. :blush:

For me personally I think that if my hair grew to waistlenght that I would stop it there. As for overall I think that length is no longer flattering when the person who has it is unconfortable with it or is not able to keep it healthy.

I think BSL hair is the ultimate hair beauty and length. Soo purrty

For me, I'll stop growing when my hair is waist length curly. That equals between hip length and classic length straightened. :)

For others, it depends so much on the state of the hair...some white people for instance have really thin hair that wouldn't look good long :nono:

Mid back length would be my absolute maximum. I can't imagine dealing with that much hair on wash day (detangling/shrinkage).:pullhair:

That photo in your siggy is awesome! I went to your Fotki hoping I could see where it was from and saw a locked album called Jasper. Is it Jasper National Park? I went to Banff National Park and it was awesome, but didn't see anything like that.

Oh, for the question. Umm . . . for me I'm going to have to go with anything where my twistouts hang longer than APL. And maybe shorter than that. That sounded like a lot of work as soon as I typed it.

I find that its not the overall hair length that is no longer flattering for me ( although I personally would not go any longer than hip length) but it is more so the length in the front. I mean some can pull off the long "Jesus look" but on others it's not so flattering. Also short short bangs with down to ankles hair doesnt look good either. Usually it depends on the face, the height, and personality of the person.

I think anything longer than BSL is too much for me....

For me I would say waist length but some ladies have knee length hair and they actually can pull it off also I think that natural at any length is flattering

Back